Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! (1413 Views)

Majek Fashek:I Wont Die I Will Disappear / What Is Going To Be The End Of En Nombre Del Amor(in The Name Of Love) / What The Hell Is Going On In This Ad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by Seun(m): 10:48am On May 26, 2007
Hello Guys,

I love cartoons, but obviously only a few other people do. Therefore I'm folding up this section.
- The threads on cartoons/animes will be moved to the TV/movie section
- The threads on comic books and mangas will be moved to the Literature section
- The threads on creating cartoons will be moved to the Graphics section, probably.

How do you see this? Thanks a million.
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by gbadex1(m): 3:18pm On May 26, 2007
*sniff*, *sniff*, *sniff* sad

Seun, don't do this shit mayne. . .i love this section to deff 'cause it gives we artists and cartoon lovers an identity. Who gives a shit if short minded dumbass Nigerians don't like cartoons? Oh please, please. . . .
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by Raymand(m): 3:21pm On May 26, 2007
No man! don't kill this section.
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by bricks(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2007
embarassedlook man ,i ust got on this nairaland thingy a short while ago and i was realy glad when i saw that there was a section for toons,dindt know that a couple of niaja dudes are not all stiff bricks!killing this section would really sting men!!!!!!!!!!!! cry cry think am well oga.
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by Seun(m): 11:30pm On May 26, 2007
But the activity level is so low. undecided
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by gbadex1(m): 1:33pm On May 27, 2007
Patience, Seun, patience grin

We all know it's all about the paper so just give it some time cheesy . . .
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by grafikdon: 5:18pm On May 27, 2007
Haba Seun, leave the thing now. It will get better once more folks are aware of the section. There are millions of Naija who are great fans of toons. They will come with time. Meanwhile make I urge the members frequenting this section to liven it up with toon trivia. . . or whatever it takes. I really appreciate you opening this section and it will be a shame to axe it. To be perfectly honest, the reason why I registered on NL in the first place was the Graphics section. I thought it was pretty cool and possibly the only Naija website with such feature. And along comes the toon section. . . are you kidding me, this is some good sh&%$!! The activity will increase.

Up Naija! Up toons!
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by moondust(m): 4:22pm On May 28, 2007
seun, I'll definitely have your hide if anything happens to my favourite section of nairaland!
You don't wana do this, trust me. By doing this, u'd further heighten the lack of interest in
cartoons and animation by these people. so angry file! Dont touch it!!!
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by gbadex1(m): 8:04pm On May 28, 2007
Ogbeni file men, jen fi ye won!! cheesy

catch the vibe, get the feeling,
delete the section, get the whipping!! cheesy cheesy tongue cheesy
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by Seun(m): 11:30pm On May 28, 2007
I could merge it with the graphics section?
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by gbadex1(m): 9:12am On May 29, 2007
But it would lose its identity as Graphics stands out from Cartoons/Animation. . .
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by samir101ng(m): 7:16pm On May 29, 2007
NO! NO !! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!!
Haba Seun, you can't do this to us. Cartoons and Anime appeal to a special part of everybody. I sincerely plead with you to think again. We are a special breed. My fellow toon members should also voice their opinion strongly.
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by echowords(m): 9:34pm On May 29, 2007
I don't think its a good idea to scrap the toons section.
Means i have to check here and there to get some info instead of just checking a centralized place for animes
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by Seun(m): 10:48pm On May 29, 2007
Can you post new threads that will revive the Toon section?
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by niceuzor: 6:52pm On May 30, 2007
Haba Seun sad I'm Just coming to this section u want to take the section off the forum

i think u have to let some Lander's know about this section better still move this thread to

notice board what do think?
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by Vieira(m): 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2007
I like this section but seun has a point about the activity.

What can we do to recruit more people to post in this section?
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by opeemi1(m): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2007
Don't worry, people will come in as soon as nice topics continue to emerge from this section.
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by Gamine(f): 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2007
Bros abeg make u leave this thing for here,
e no dey cost u abi smiley
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by koolbone(m): 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2007
Guy, abeg don't do that. I'm sure there are a lot of toon lovers out there. Just chill, pls
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by thebaron(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2007
Seun, how dare u even say something like dat angry
Please! please!! please!!! Dont do it
Hey! I cant believe it I am begging. shocked
ok, seriously, Seun don't take this section out. A lot of us love Nairaland cos of this section
I'll start posting threads from 2morrow.matter of fact I'll do it right away
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2007
okay lets increase activity by contributing to my thread about samuria x thanks
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by firestar(f): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2007
[b][/b]

Seun! Seun!! Se--------un!!! How many times did I call your name?
Juat like Gbade said FILE, I NO GREE SAM ATI SAMSAM!
I might be a lady in my early twenties and have aflair for other things but cartoons, hnm!
Not even my mother can stop me! Back in day I watched cartoons from Voltron to Samurai X to Steel Max to ??( lost count) and draw them past death into hades itself!!!

If you delete this, I will dedicated a topic for protests on this oooo! Mark my words!

(still love you though) Peace.
adewaleafolabi:

okay lets increase activity by contributing to my thread about samuria x thanks

adewale tell 'em joh! Some might think we're agbayas for bringing this up!!

Gamine:

Bros abeg make u leave this thing for here,
e no dey cost u abi smiley

Tell him, beg him let people know! (I'm surprised I'm not the only lady here)
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by 9ja4eva: 10:13pm On Jun 13, 2007
No move d thread cos its more defined staying on its own.
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by PoDeep(m): 2:34pm On Jun 25, 2007
Na lie jor! Throw dis rubbish inside trashcan make I Poo on top! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Lol!!!
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by Seun(m): 6:01am On Jun 27, 2007
I could create it as a new section "Graphics & Toons" or "Games & Toons" Or "Graphics & Games & Toons"
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by echowords(m): 2:23am On Jun 29, 2007
yeah i like the game, graphics and toons idea.
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by Sati(m): 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2007
Its not fair; I joined this site strictly because of my search for Naruto downloads (and others too). I'm sure the activity you need will soon emerge. this should also be known as " a Manga lover's heaven". Whar the heck. Calm your spirits down sad :
Re: Notice: The Toon Section Is Going To Disappear! by johnnygan(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2007
Well i see no reason why this section should end. I LOVE cartoons and i never came to this section. There are millions of nigerians who LOVE cartoons but are yet to discover this section just like me. There is no need recruiting people. They'll come naturally when they find this section. If you wanna start of something like games and toons, then that would have to do with just games + cartoons. That thought don't make cartoon stand alone. Atleast we play games and watch them emulate from cartoons.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo movies / Meet Nollywood's Hottest Upcoming Star! / How Indecency Is Killing Creativity In Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.