Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k (6630 Views)

Check Out The Promo Of This Movie! / Jackie Chan Speaks Pidgin, Yoruba, Igbo & Hausa In Promo Of Dragon Blade / Who Is MTN Fooling, An Aeroplane As Star Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by kizol(m): 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2010
what do u guys think about this Bleep promo,
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2010
whats the issue?
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by kizol(m): 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2010
The issue is that u can get to buy it anyway in Nigeria.Can u Image that.
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Osama10(m): 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2010
@ Poster, .
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Mobinga: 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2010
The promo is not bad. That's what I'm currently on
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Dclique(m): 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2010
9k for a decoder and dish sounds cheap.
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by kizol(m): 6:55am On Nov 29, 2010
Guys he said it cheap but we cannot even get it.
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Mobinga: 9:18am On Nov 29, 2010
WTF?? What is wrong with You?!
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by kizol(m): 9:24am On Nov 29, 2010
@Mobinga that rude of u how can u say what is wrong with me,U are using it we know but how many people have it.The message I am try to pass across is the few people to the DSTV at 9k but at the moment it not have available for purchase,if doubt what I said u could call the dealer u bought it from, and get is response.
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Mobinga: 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2010
? Do you understand yourself
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by WackyJ1(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2010
What Promo?
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by sashaa(f): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2010
@Poster, are u saying its not available for purchase?
@Mobinga, does d package also come with 3months free use with no subscription payment?
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Mobinga: 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2010
sashaa:

@Poster, are u saying its not available for purchase?
@Mobinga, does d package also come with 3months free use with no subscription payment?
I've just used it for 2 weeks grin
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by sashaa(f): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2010
Ok. But was 9k all u paid? Did u also pay any monthly subscription fee?
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Mobinga: 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2010
Yep. Dish and errthing 9k
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by obinna5000(m): 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2010
@Mobinga
But a friend of mine told me that its only the dish and decoder that is N9000. You'll pay for subscription separately.

Someone also said the same thing on a similar topic: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-554544.0.html
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by lynxnoon(m): 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2010
dey r hoarding d tin jare!!. . . . i had to pay #20k yesterday for d decorder, dish, #2.5k suscription n installation of d dish n wiring into 3 rooms angry sad
Still waiting for activation . . . .
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by sashaa(f): 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2010
Are u serious? 20k? Nawa oh
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Edywalex: 11:42am On Dec 08, 2010
Enough for dis dstv.U can pick a Startime digital Tv decoder for jst 7000k with 1month subscrip and 1000 recharge every mnth,and over 35 channels.No Dish needed,built in decoder and transferable 4rm home to any where.Jst available in port,Abuja,kano,lagos and now in ibadan.pick up yours to watch wonderful programes and sport 24/7.
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Edywalex: 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2010
Enough for dis dstv.U can pick a Startime digital Tv decoder for jst 7000k with 1month subscrip and 1000 recharge every mnth,and over 35 channels.No Dish needed,built in decoder and transferable 4rm home to any where.Jst available in port,Abuja,kano,lagos and now in ibadan.pick up yours to watch wonderful programes and sport 24/7.
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Edywalex: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2010
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Edywalex: 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2010
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by holydante(m): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2010
Hi Edywalex, only you posted 3, ha! You'l finish the page for us. Anyway am suprised mobinga says he has gotten a functional one, all the folks who have gone never got any thing, the best they did for them was to ask them to make a downpayment deposit,the equipments will be supplied on availability wheneable.

I guess DSTV quickly did the promo to counter the startimes on going promo, but it amounts to deception if they are not prepared for this promo yet and are just hoodwinking the unsuspecting public. I have been hooked to dstv going on 10 yrs now due to their value content likewise so many loyal customers too, I feel its kinda cheapening for them to condescend to this level to stem off competition. I sure do hope Consumer protection agency is observing all these jumbo promo's flying all over the place.
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by soloqy: 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2010
y'all should go to this page:  http://www.facebook.com/dstvng to see the real gist.

A lot of people are peddling wrong information. Yes , its difficult to get the package because Nigerians are consumers. We consume stuff a lot. So as the stock is being replenished, it gets wiped up by subscribers. I know cause I live close to a major accredited dealer.

To be clear, the 9k is for decoder, smartcard and installation.You have to pay for any subscription package of your choice .

The Dstv people say no one should pay anything more than that and any dealer that charges you more than that, you should report to them immediately so the take it up.

The person that says he paid 20k, and had it all wired to three rooms, are you sure you are not talking about the installation for extraview?

According to DSTV, for extraview, you need extra decoder and of course, extra cables and equipment.

If you paid 20k for just one decoder, then go to that page I posted and report.They will investigate and probably get back your money.

'Disclaimer' ->  I dont work for DSTV.
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2010
Pls read these:
1. It is a fact that DSTV is doing a promo for the sale of one decoder @ 9k
2. It is not a fact that the agents are selling it at that price. Most of the agents are are also charging extra amounts for installations. I paid 15k for mine which include 1 month subscription @ 2.5k.
3. since I bought the decoder for about 4 weeks now, it has not[b] really [/b]worked. Why? It is a hush hush arrangements between Multichoice and the agents. What happened was that Multichoice (DSTV?) was ill prepared for the promo. U will be surprised that @ this age & time both the agents & Multichoice people are blaming their Server shocked for the problems. cry
4. Only God knows when they will be able to resolve the problem. As I am posting I am just staring @ my decoder like a big big eye that cannot see. Shame! Shame!! Shame!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by barbielucy(f): 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2011
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS DSTV PALAVA. I BOUGHT A DECODER SOME FEW DAYS BACK THE AGENT THAT I BOUGHT IT FROM ASKED ME TO WAIT FOR 48 HOURS FOR ACTIVATION THAT HE WOULD SUBMIT THE INFORMATION, I WAITED 48 HOURS JUST AS HE HAD INSTRUCTED BUT I KEEP RECEIVING INFORMATION OF MY DECODER NOT BEING PAIRED WITH MY SMART CARD. I CALLED DSTV CUSTOMER CARE BECAUSE TO INFORM THEM OF THE PROBLEM, A REPRESENTATIVE TOLD ME THE DSTV HAS NOT YET BEEN REGISTERED. I WAS TOLD TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER 48 HOURS, HE COLLECTED SOME PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ME INCLUDING THE SMART AND NUMBER AND DECODER NUMBER. WHAT DO IT DO. I'M REALLY PISSED OFF* WHAT DO I DO PALS. PLEASE ADVISE.
Re: Dstv Fooling Nigerian With Promo Of 9k by soloqy: 2:25am On Feb 11, 2011
barbielucy:

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS DSTV PALAVA. I BOUGHT A DECODER SOME FEW DAYS BACK THE AGENT THAT I BOUGHT IT FROM ASKED ME TO WAIT FOR 48 HOURS FOR ACTIVATION THAT HE WOULD SUBMIT THE INFORMATION, I WAITED 48 HOURS JUST AS HE HAD INSTRUCTED BUT I KEEP RECEIVING INFORMATION OF MY DECODER NOT BEING PAIRED WITH MY SMART CARD. I CALLED DSTV CUSTOMER CARE BECAUSE TO INFORM THEM OF THE PROBLEM, A REPRESENTATIVE TOLD ME THE DSTV HAS NOT YET BEEN REGISTERED. I WAS TOLD TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER 48 HOURS, HE COLLECTED SOME PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ME INCLUDING THE SMART AND NUMBER AND DECODER NUMBER. WHAT DO IT DO. I'M REALLY PISSED OFF* WHAT DO I DO PALS. PLEASE ADVISE.

Go to their link on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/dstvng . They will answer you faster there.

(1) (Reply)

Wale Adenuga Productions Announces Acting Auditions / Threads For Christian Movies.. / If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.