Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam (5370 Views)

How Romance With Gospel Singer, Sinach Crashed Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Marriag / Happy Birthday Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Dolemite(f): 12:19am On Nov 29, 2010
Could this be true? someone please verify. . .
Any moment from now, flamboyant miracle fixing pastor of Christ Embassy Church located in Oregun, Ikeja area of Lagos state, Chris Oyakhilome will be a guest of Nigeria’s anti-graft police, EFCC for using his church to launder funds which source could not be accounted for into foreign bank accounts. The illicit funds so far traced by security agents stand at over $35 million.

The latest scandal may once again bring the controversial miracle-worker pastor under public scrutiny after government suspended the broadcast of his suspicious healing programme tagged “atmosphere for miracles” on public television stations some years ago.

iReports-ng can authoritatively report that a document on the money laundering activities of the architect turned pastor was first passed to the Nigeria police force headquarters in Abuja, last year. After finding it difficult to unravel the fraud, the police forwarded the matter to the EFCC which has the expertise and powers to successfully prosecute the pastor.

According to a source at the force headquarters in Abuja, the case was sent to the EFCC and received there September 24th 2009. Another source in the EFCC also confirmed that attempts were made by some of the controversial pastor’s agents in the commission to “kill” the petition due to the electronic system of monitoring cases already put in place in the agency, called “gocase” by the United Nations Office On Drug and Crime, UNODC.

A reliable source in the agency told iReports-ng a few hours ago that ” after the initial hiccup, substantial progress has now been made on the case even though quietly and the coast now clear to invite the pastor to make some statements on his involvement in cash transfer of such huge amount of United States currency”

Apart from this discovery of money laundering activity by the pastor, a couple of his church officials and members have also of recent featured in some major fraud issues. Not quite long a time, one of his pastors in Ogba area of Lagos was said to have stolen some millions of naira from the sheraton hotels ikeja where he worked as a manager before he was sacked when the fraud was discovered. He claimed in his statement to the police then that he donated the stolen money to Oyakhilome’s Christ embassy church to buy power generating sets and other church needs.

Also of recent, a young member of the church in Benin city, Edo state was arrested and prosecuted by the EFCC for engaging in internet marriage scam through which he defrauded a white lady. In his statement before he was convicted, he was said to have also confessed that he donated the bulk of the scam money to Oyakhilome’s church where he belongs as a strong member.

Before the discovery of the pastor’s money laundering activity, Oyakhilome had been enmeshed in other major scandals such as immoral sexual engagements with church members, fighting other religious leaders, use of diabolic powers and faking miracles.

In 2008, south africa media were awash with stories of fake miracles stage managed by the pastor in a bid to woo worshipers to join his church.

*Watch out for updates on the money laundering case against Oyakhilome.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Uzzyan: 12:30am On Nov 29, 2010
wht is d wrld turnin in2??
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Outstrip(f): 1:52am On Nov 29, 2010
I am not a member of this church but this sounds baseless to me. What if a member defrauded someone and gave every penny towards the church what does that have to do with the Pastor himself. Sound silly to me.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by 3RNEST(m): 3:23am On Nov 29, 2010
*Where is the source/link to your post* pls post it lets confirm, . @poster
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Osama10(m): 3:41am On Nov 29, 2010
3RNEST:

*Where is the source/link to your post* pls post it lets confirm, . @poster

Its coming.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by MrCork26: 10:52am On Nov 29, 2010
he is IBO, off cause he will theif the moiney (no oofeinse)
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by ifyalways(f): 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2010
Mr~Cork:

Seriously Mr Crackles,does ur love for Igbo's supercede ur love for nyash,boo.bs and light skin womens?(no offeiince) wink
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by MrCork26: 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2010
Correction!! I love big Nyansh, light skin & heavythigh womens tongue
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by ifyalways(f): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2010
Mr~Cork:

Correction!!  I love big Nyansh, light skin & heavythigh womens tongue
. . but your love for Igbos na to-die-for.
Anyways,Chris is  light skin ,do u do mens too?he comes with a bonus,"jerry-curl-hair"(no ooifeinse)  cheesy
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by MrCork26: 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2010
I am nut gay, gadeeemit!! I do womens Nyansh only!!! angry
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by hackney(m): 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2010
Mr~Cork:

I am  gay, gadeeemit!! I do mens Nyansh only!!! [size=18pt]no ooifeinsee[/size] angry

^^^Kilo elenyi ? ?
O ga OOO! !
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by MrCork26: 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2010
hackney, bro are u systematicaly askin for your nyansh to be nyansh? tongue
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by slap1(m): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2010
Baseless accusation! $35 million is not beyond a church like Christ Embassy.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by mystikal(m): 8:02pm On Nov 29, 2010
How is the Pastor involved?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Dolemite(f): 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2010
Mr~Cork:

Seriously someone should please kill this fool.

ifyalways:

. . but your love for Igbos na to-die-for.
Anyways,Chris is light skin ,do u do mens too?he comes with a bonus,"jerry-curl-hair"(no ooifeinse) cheesy
Stop encouraging him, he thinks he's a clown entertaining people like you, but he's only making a fool of himself.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by MrCork7: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2010
Thisese IBO chick call Dolololomite need to act like a lady and QUIT swearing evertime she comes in.

the chick relly neeed anger management help, anyways, i guess its the IBO part of her that always make her go wild.

I guess she never been to London before, with that behavior, madam they will nevar giv u Visa (no ooofeinse)
wink
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by MrCork7: 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2010
Dolemite:

Stop encouraging him, he thinks he's a clown entertaining people like you, but he's only making a fool of himself.

Dolemite , sweeery by the way u r beautiful__kinda. was your number?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by dbigrod(m): 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2010
what do u expect from a pastor with gerry curls
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by ifyalways(f): 9:05am On Dec 01, 2010
Dolemite:

Helllo.
Which lane are u popping out from
Do ur thing,i do mine.Thank u.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by vislabraye(m): 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2010
All these allegation against him? Well which is the truth? But how do they know his miracles are fake or stage managed?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by londoner: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2010
I strongly believe it to be true, this is not the first time with this "Pastor Chris". A few years ago on my first trip to Abuja, a lawyer/friend was telling me about Chris (who he incidently also knew in his pre-pastor school days also). Its a similiar story, a member of his church tithed to his church from a serious criminal activity. When Chris was approached he refused to return the money as he said he didn't care where it came from and whether it was legal or not.

This guy knew Chris from their Uni days and he said even then he was always shady when it came to money.

I believe it totally, this same lawyer was involved in arresting a Dr with serious political links, who used his clinic to have access to babies for their money rituals. Very top guns were named including Obasanjo.

It just shows that what men do in secret will surely come t the light one day, but knowing Nigeria, nothing will happen to any of these people.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Dolemite(f): 11:24pm On Dec 01, 2010
Mr¬Cork:

Thisese IBO chick call Dolololomite need to act like a lady and QUIT swearing evertime she comes in.

the chick relly neeed anger management help, anyways, i guess its the IBO part of her that always make her go wild.

I guess she never been to London before, with that behavior, madam they will nevar giv u Visa (no ooofeinse)
wink
I seriously wish death for you.

ifyalways:

Helllo.
Which lane are u popping out from
Do your thing,i do mine.Thank u.
Ok, do your thing, but don't say I didn't warn you.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by mamagee3(f): 12:09am On Dec 02, 2010
d bigrod:

what do u expect from a pastor with gerry curls
Pure talk of a no brainer!

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Wizkid's Step Sista Without Makeup.. / Pregnant Wife Goes Unclad In Painted Body, Rocking Face Mask In Maternity Shoot / I Miss My Students, Nigerian Female Teacher Comes Out On Social Media. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.