Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,199 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

Unprinted Certificates For Years; Legal Advice Needed. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unprinted Certificates For Years; Legal Advice Needed. (325 Views)

Learn Unlimited Top Skills And Earn Recognized Certificates For As Low 3K / UNN Graduate Puts Up Bsc, NYSC Certificates For Sale Over Lack Of Job / University Certificates For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unprinted Certificates For Years; Legal Advice Needed. by Bright9239(m): 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2019
UNPRINTED CERTIFICATE FOR YEARS; LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED.

Good day my fellow nairaland members.

I am a graduate of Education and Mathematics from Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba, Delta State which is in affiliation with University of Benin, Benin City.
The institution started running degree programme in the 2011/2012 academic year and graduated the first set which is the 2013/2014 set in January 2015 due to the prolonged 2014 ASUU and COEASU strike in 2014.

It may surprise you to know that all graduates of the school from 2014 till date do not have Certificates for collection in UNIBEN. The only thing issued to us is NOTIFICATION FOR FINAL DEGREE EXAMINATION RESULT.

Recently, we visited UNIBEN to take our degree certificates and we were told that our certificates has not been printed even when our names were amongst those in convocation list.

We have on several occasions and means channeled our complaints to our school in Asaba but didn't get any tangible response on the way forward. We have been inconvenienced greatly by this delay.

We have also written to the VC of the University of Benin through a recently launched hotline and she told us that she has scheduled a meeting between UNIBEN and Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba but she has since over two weeks of writing to her failed to give us feedback even after writing a reminder to her.

We have learnt from a very reliable source that the two schools agreed on a certain amount which Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba will be remitting annually to UNIBEN when they signed the MOU that gave birth to this programme. However, Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba has failed to remit the said amount since the beginning of the programme till date. This made UNIBEN to withhold the certificates of those graduating from Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba.

It must be noted that we have paid all our fees to Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba as charged without even complaining of the exorbitant cost when compared to what is obtainable in other federal schools but they have failed to fulfil their own part.
We are pained bitterly because we lose opportunities everyday, our parents now think that we never went to school.

On this note, we pray you to help us suggest the best legal way to approach this matter.
Although the cost of justice in the present Nigeria is expensive but we hope to sue the two schools to court.
Your assistance will be highly appreciated.
Thank you and God bless as I anticipate your useful assistance.
Re: Unprinted Certificates For Years; Legal Advice Needed. by astonished: 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
May be you channel your complain to ministry of education & NUC

1 Like

Re: Unprinted Certificates For Years; Legal Advice Needed. by Bright9239(m): 3:56am On Dec 19, 2019
Thanks for your advice.
I don't know if they are the right channels. However, how do I reach NUC or the Ministry of Education? Can anyone help?
astonished:
May be you channel your complain to ministry of education & NUC
Re: Unprinted Certificates For Years; Legal Advice Needed. by Bright9239(m): 9:22am On Dec 19, 2019
Moderators kindly help me push this post to the front page to get the required attention it need, please. I need people's legal advice especially lawyers as fast as possible. I have need of my certificate by January.
Re: Unprinted Certificates For Years; Legal Advice Needed. by jennifers001: 9:34am On Dec 19, 2019
Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thanks, However I am having problems with your RSS. I don’t understand the reason why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there anybody having identical RSS problems? Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!xender for pc , Shareit , techfranks, Shareit for pc , http://www.softwarelearnings.com/ embarassed

1 Like

Re: Unprinted Certificates For Years; Legal Advice Needed. by Bright9239(m): 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
This post is not getting any attention. Somebody should help me, please.
If the post can not be moved to front page, someone should help me repost the article so that it can be moved to where a larger and needed audience can view it.

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About The Hebrew Language / Big Vs Small (german Cities). Where Should I Study As A Foreign Student? / Learn German Online With A Tutor in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.