Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,332 members, 7,839,592 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

American Rapper, Tekashi 6ix9ine Sentenced To Two Years In Prison - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / American Rapper, Tekashi 6ix9ine Sentenced To Two Years In Prison (1006 Views)

Rapper tekashi 6ix9ine Breaks Instagram Live Record With 2million Views(Video) / Jailed Rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine's Girlfriend, Jade, Gets His Face Tattooed / Jailed Rapper, Tekashi 6ix9ine's Girlfriend Gets '69' Tattoo And His Hair Colour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Rapper, Tekashi 6ix9ine Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by AstroWorld(m): 10:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
Tekashi 6ix9ine has been sentenced to two years in prison for crimes he carried out while he was a member of a violent gang, according to US media.

The rapper, whose real name is Daniel Hernandez, pleaded guilty to racketeering and other offences.

He initially denied the charges but entered a plea bargain giving evidence against other gang members in order to get a reduced sentence.

It's thought the 13 months he's spent in jail already, will be included.

The rapper had been facing a minimum of 47 years and a maximum of life in prison but the plea bargain means he could be released in 2020.

He testified against former members of Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods.

The offences 6ix9ine was charged with include racketeering, carrying a firearm, assault with a dangerous weapon, and conspiracy murder charges.

Racketeering is when people use criminal actions to repeatedly take money from others, and most likely associated with protection rackets.

It all came from his association with a violent US gang Nine Trey Gansta Bloods - also known as TreyWay - which 6ix9ine previously mentioned on Twitter.

He joined the gang in 2017 but left less than a year later.

The inner workings of the gang was exposed by 6ix9ine - and another ex-gang member, Kristian Cruz.

Nine Trey Bloods committed robberies, dealt drugs and were violent against rivals and each other according to their testimonies.

6ix9ine gave information on Anthony Ellison and Aljermiah Mack and both men have since been convicted.

Ellison was also found guilty of kidnapping 6ix9ine, maiming and assault - while Mack was also found guilty on drug dealing charges.

On the day before sentencing, two victims from an armed robbery on 3 April 2018 in midtown Manhattan submitted witness impact statements, according to Billboard.

They detailed how they've suffered because of the attack.

The first victim said in his statement that the attack "set my life on the wrong course, and destroyed the normal adulthood that I was striving for."

He added: "Never have I been so scared as the cold, hard metallic gun was pressed against my abdomen."

The other victim said in her statement: "As a result of this entire ordeal, I have suffered greatly from mental anguish and emotional distress. So traumatised by this aftermath, that over a year later, I have had a difficult time getting past the incident suffering from what we believe is post-traumatic stress disorder."

She also detailed the impact of "the video of me escaping from the clutches of his thugs on social media and it went viral accumulating millions of views as the public laughed."

"Ever since, I find myself unable to do the simple things an adult should do."

source: https://starnation.com.ng/american-rapper-tekashi-6ix9ine-sentenced-to-two-years-in-prison/

Re: American Rapper, Tekashi 6ix9ine Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by Kestolove(m): 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2019
Dix madman, see face
Re: American Rapper, Tekashi 6ix9ine Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by DonBenny77(m): 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
If you snitch you might get hit grin
Re: American Rapper, Tekashi 6ix9ine Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by TUANKU(m): 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2019
Snitch. He will eventually bite the dust.
Re: American Rapper, Tekashi 6ix9ine Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by adewest1999(m): 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
grin where I come from snitches get stitches
Re: American Rapper, Tekashi 6ix9ine Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by sarkice(m): 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
I though dis dude was dead.... [color=#006600][/color]
Re: American Rapper, Tekashi 6ix9ine Sentenced To Two Years In Prison by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:06am On Dec 19, 2019
so with the reduced sentence, he will be out in a few months.... then he better move to Alaska or Tibet.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Whose Video Went Viral In Lebanon Handed Over To Nigerian Ambassad / A Lady Reveal What A Taxi Driver Added To Her Change / Ten Shocking Secrets Of Nollywood Actress, Destiny Etiko Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.