Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

The Truth About ABU Admission - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Truth About ABU Admission (1288 Views)

Enquiries About Abu Zaria Online Nursing Program / Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Admission Guide 2019/2020 / ABU Admission List 2017/2018 Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About ABU Admission by sbashir10(m): 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
As an alumnus of the great Ahmadu Bello university, Zaria, I find the news of the girl who scored a whopping 302 in jamb and 274 in post UTME worrying that she wasn’t granted admission.

But in the same vein, it is very disheartening that comments under the post gives the candidate lack of admission a religious and ethnic undertone, an ascertion that is totally false and misleading.

ABU has always suffered from such abuse for quite a long time, but here's my personal experience, in 2014, Five (5 ) people were offered admission to read Bsc international studies, two (2) were christians while three (3 ) were Muslims with me inclusively.

Also is the misconception about her score exceeding the cut off mark of medicine being 250 in ABU, this is equally false, it should be noted that ABU has never made it’s cut off mark public under any circumstance, as admission into different departments varies year in year out.

Likewise, the allegations that the candidate exceeded the cut off mark by 52 points above medicine cut off mark, which is equally misleading and can also makes other candidates think and believe they can secure admission into MBBS in ABU Zaria with a score of 250.

Firstly by way of computation, she scored 302 and 274 respectively in jamb and post UTME, amounting to 576, if this score is then divided by 2 , it would amounts to 288 as her total average score. The average score is that in which admission were given based on.

Secondly it should be noted that ABU doesn’t give special preference to WAEC result grades during computation of scores for admission,
It only takes into consideration minimum credits requirements made by the candidate, being five (5) i.e maths and English and any three relevant subjects

Below are my official Jamb score and post UTME result of 2014, after scoring 206 and 244 in jamb and post UTME respectively whilst applying for BSc degree in international studies.

https://www.nairaland.com/5590089/abu-zaria-denies-girl-scored

This post is not in any way explaining why the candidate wasn't offered admission, but rather seeking to clarify some irregularities in the above post.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About ABU Admission by edoairways: 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2019
Secondly it should be noted that ABU doesn’t give special preference to WAEC result grades during computation of scores for admission,
It only takes into consideration minimum credits requirements made by the candidate, being five (5) i.e maths and English and any three relevant subjects
This where I fault the last writer however it doesn't dispute the fact that some of the allegations raised aren't true
Re: The Truth About ABU Admission by seunlayi(m): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2019
How will someone with that high score fail to get admission. Your analyse is not substantial
Re: The Truth About ABU Admission by sbashir10(m): 9:58pm On Dec 19, 2019
seunlayi:
How will someone with that high score fail to get admission. Your analyse is not substantial
she was given admission to study human anatomy.
Re: The Truth About ABU Admission by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 20, 2019
Re: The Truth About ABU Admission by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 20, 2019
For those who don't know, All University preferences of admitting jambite. For instance if they were to admit 150 MBBS aspirants, they would admit 20 Jamb aspirant from their the state, 30 aspirant from School of matriculation studies, 7 aspirants from each education less developed states, 5 from each catchment areas, then other states including that of the girl, they might award 2 or 3 aspirant MBBS, and I'm sure there are 3 to 4 others that scored a higher jamb score than her's. Meanwhile all students admitted must have gotten above the recommended jamb cutoff mark.

She should have tried UI, then she would find out 302 jamb score for MBBS isn't a big deal

(1) (Reply)

Top Compelling Argumentative Essay Topics - Myperfectwords / Peter Obi At Throne Room Ministry In Southern Kaduna / topic closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.