Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,541 members, 7,861,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:40 PM

Man's Semen Contains Only Donor's DNA After Bone Marrow Transplant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man's Semen Contains Only Donor's DNA After Bone Marrow Transplant (237 Views)

Cure For HIV On The Way, As Patient Remain Negative After Bone Marrow Transplant / London Patient ‘cleared’ Of HIV After Bone Marrow Transplant / Still Stranded 48 Hours After Bone Stock In My Throat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man's Semen Contains Only Donor's DNA After Bone Marrow Transplant by JRoca: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
A man’s semen has been found to contain only his donor’s DNA after bone marrow transplant.

Chris Long is an IT worker in the washoe county sheriff’s department in Reno, Nevada USA. Interestingly, he’s never met his German donor except for a few exchanged phone messages. His doctor had found his donor on a donor website.

Within four months after the operation, tests showed that the DNA in his blood had been replaced with his donor’s. Swab collected from his lips, cheeks and tongue also contained his donor’s DNA. Of all the samples collected, only his chest and head hairs were unaffected.

Mr Long's case raises several questions like; what happens if he has a baby? Would he pass his own genes or his donor’s to his future off springs?

Read more of the fascinating story here���

https://www.twcreport.com/2019/12/20/mans-semen-contains-only-donors-dna-after-bone-marrow-transplant/
Re: Man's Semen Contains Only Donor's DNA After Bone Marrow Transplant by sweetonugbu: 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2019
Confuse gaduma

(1) (Reply)

Drug Problems / Please What Remedy Can I Apply On My Pam To Make It Soft / Teen Drinking, Drug Use Tied To Other Risky Behaviors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.