Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

I Need Help With Stage Frightening - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Help With Stage Frightening (255 Views)

Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? / I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help / Street Sweepers In Benin Stage Protest Over Non-payment Of 7 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With Stage Frightening by ogaLevels(m): 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
I seriously need help with stage frightening. I am aware I have issues with this, and in the past I always do everything to avoid speaking in public, even in church i don't come out to give testimony, but unfortunately, recently because of designation at my place of work, it's being impossible to avoid speaking in public, and I end up not doing well. I only say few words because I can't wait to leave the stage, and even with microphone people hardly hear what I am saying.
What do I need to do to overcome this?
Re: I Need Help With Stage Frightening by samwise180(m): 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
Same here, let's wait for those who experienced it and know how they overcame it
Re: I Need Help With Stage Frightening by meum: 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2019
Face your fears.
I did same so many years ago and I'm glad I did. grin
Re: I Need Help With Stage Frightening by Davepal: 4:56am On Dec 21, 2019
I have similar experience while growing up. I realise that i need to change my mindset to overcome a stage freight .

1.......Have a No Send Thinking or Attitude.....
Being on a stage to present your view or assignment is an opportunity to prove a point or yourself. Therefore no one is going to scorn you for any reason. Say what you want to say and care-less about what people may think about you.

2......Prepare on a Mirror...............................
Preparing your presentation on a mirror is one of my greatest secret to overcome stage freight while growing up. Looking oneself through the mirror has being believe to boost our ego and confidence by more than 50%. Looking through the mirror will help you to speak to yourself and imaginary audience. It's best method to do your rehearsal when it involves one person.
Tip: if you don't have big mirror within your reach, you may find any alumaco windows within ur neighbourhood.

3........Dress Smart......................

4........Always wear a smiling faces...

5........Apply Gesture..................
You can learn this from Obama

6.........Speak clearly............
Start every speech or presentation with increased volumes, and maintain high and low pitch while speaking. Check out ur motivational speakers or top ranking pastors in Nigeria and see how they do this. You can do more than them.

7........Make an Eye Contact...........
Find one or two persons within the audience you can looking while talking.

8........Fine Tune your Voice............
A lot of us normally do this while speaking to opposite sex. As a Nigeria, try to fine tune ur ascent.

9.........Take a deep breath before you enter the stage......
If you are having pressure with you, taking a deep breath is your best bet to relief some fears withing you.

10........Reading Literature or Book........
I didn't mean you should read the whole book. You read 3 pages of a drama book. Reading books will help you go through mental exercise that will establish your words, thought and grammar.

*See yourself as an actor, and you are given an opportunity to act. It's an avenue to show your ability, and you need to prove yourself*

When i was young, i thought that stage freight is associated with age, until when i saw a grown up man battling with stage freight on a good presentation, i then realised that i need to battle it. That's how i overcame it. At whatever age you can overcome stage freight.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MBA Business School Accreditation / Misopinions: Who Really Are The Poor? / Word Of The Day.... 'frowsy'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.