Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations (51126 Views)

Locations Of Automotive Manufacturing & Assembly Plants In Nigeria (Infographic) / Ibom Car Manufacturing Plants Taking Shape: House Members Visit Site... Photos / Automobile Giants Hyundai, KIA To Establish Assembly Plants In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by ifyboy60(m): 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
jimyjames:
As small as Enugu is it has 3 assembly plants while big populated Ibadan has only 2

u have started this useless comparisons.
BTW, enugu actually have about 4
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by sambrow(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
Ashawopapa001:
All we need is 24hr power supply and watch this country move to 2nd world country
I dey tell you
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by Electricals: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2019
Peace Mass Transit also have assembly plant in Enugu state

1 Like

Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by SavageResponse(m): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
Most of them are dead or comatose
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by Godson1996: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
Yet an average Nigerian can't buy I brand new car, even on hire purchase. What's the use then?
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by iamclime(m): 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2019
Omihanifa:
The main question is how many of these companies are working?

Because I know for sure that leyland in Ibadan is dead. And it's been like that for close to 15 years.

Same thing applies to Volkswagen. Infact that Volkswagen assembly plant has been converted to where they warehouse bottle water (mowa water)
Volkswagen in Lagos still operates.
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by chiefhead007: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2019
[sub][/sub]leyland is still assembling but not to full capacity Sha.
Omihanifa:
The main question is how many of these companies are working?

Because I know for sure that leyland in Ibadan is dead. And it's been like that for close to 15 years.

Same thing applies to Volkswagen. Infact that Volkswagen assembly plant has been converted to where they warehouse bottle water (mowa water)

1 Like

Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by Cajal(m): 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2019
Lagos
Enugu
Ibadan ...
....hold the ace

1 Like

Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by slimthugchimee2(m): 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2019
isthatso:

better to have 1 or 2 that are producing tens and hundreds of thousand per year and even exporting, than 58 most of which are dead or on life support, producing below capacity, not making any headway, most of which will be dead in a few years.

58 assembly plants producing 500-1000 cars a year will be dead in 5 years, 1 assembler producing 40,000 a year will be a round for years to come.

Better to have 58 producing 500-1k per year than have nothing at all

Don't always be negative
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by Electricals: 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2019
wink2015:

SHAME TO NIGER DELTA POLITICAL LEADERS !

No vehicle assembly plants in any of the state in the Niger delta region.

Rivers state is only good in ethnic crisis and cult violence.

11. Lafbart Innovations & Consulting Ltd.

Location of the assembly plant: Ilesha-owo Expressway,Akure.

Type of vehicles produced: 3-Wheel motor vehicles, ambulance and trucks/Lafbart

Ondo is part of Niger Delta.
Or do you mean South South?
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by technicallyrich(m): 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2019
wink2015:

SHAME TO NIGER DELTA POLITICAL LEADERS !

No vehicle assembly plants in any of the state in the Niger delta region.

Rivers state is only good in ethnic crisis and cult violence.
innoson covers for ss/se biafrans.
Mind you lagos is a no mans land and there are no ethnic crises in rivers state atleast for now.

4 Likes

Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by chiefhead007: 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2019
Ibadan has 3 too Basco, leventis and leyland. Recheck the list
jimyjames:
As small as Enugu is it has 3 assembly plants while big populated Ibadan has only 2

Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by technicallyrich(m): 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
Electricals:

Ondo is part of Niger Delta.
Or do you mean South South?
the ijaws in ondo are part of niger delta or biafrans.
The rest oyoruba muslims except lagos which is a no mans land for now are part of oduduwack repubshit.

4 Likes

Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

Better to have 58 producing 500-1k per year than have nothing at all

Don't always be negative

it's not being negative, its just being realistic. no mainstream car manufacturer can survive long term on just 500-1000 vehicles a year. It is just not possible. your distribution/marketing overheads alone will eat your profits because you arent selling enough to justify the costs. if an advert/marketing program costs 100m naira, that's the price whether you sell 1 car or 1 million. If you sell 50,000 cars, then the cost of advertising each car is N2000...no big deal, if you only sell 500 cars the cost of advertising each car becomes 200,000, that can be the difference between profit and loss or a buyer walking away.

If you dont have a good distribution, spares stock and authorised service centres then you will lose sales on the long run because people want to buy a car they can get support for easily if things go wrong. When I buy a NEW car i want to know there are service centers within reach, qualified technicians and I can get spares easily, I wont buy a car from a manufacturer that from day 1, I have to take my brand new car to Jelili or Morufu because there is no service center in my town, I might as well buy a tokunboh. Neither will i buy from a manufacturer I am not sure will be around in 5 years because it means I wont get spare parts and the value of the car will fall because nobody else will want to inherit the wahala.

Car assembly/manufacturing is a volume business except you are a speciality manufacturer like proforce where you can jerk up your margins because nobody else does what you do. There is a good reason why the ones we had before ALL folded up...they werent selling enough to justify their overheads!!!!

it's one thing to be hopeful and optimistic, it's another to recognise the realities of your environment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by nairaman66(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
Bedwyr:

Now run by a Chinese company...

The UK domestic car industry used to be bigger than it is now. Nowadays, mostly foregin run (and why it collapsed is a long story).

In the 1970's there used to be a lot of domestic UK manufacturers like British Leyland , Triumph, MG, Rover, etc...now mostly collapsed (except for Vauxhall and smaller speciality manufactuers like Austin and Bentley)

Yeah! Thanks for the info regarding LR. My point was clearly trying to clarify that the British have/had home grown car manufacturing plants and not assembling of parts!
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2019
iamclime:

Volkswagen in Lagos still operates.

they no longer assemble Volkswagen, the site is used for Kia and Hyuandai

2 Likes

Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by madapcmod: 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2019
PeterKbaba:

They now have an assembly plant in Lagos also.

Where in Lagos. I know they have show room along cele Apapa expressway Ijesha axis.
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by pacespot(m): 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
wink
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2019
Op you missed Peace mass assembly plant Enugu.
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by kennyjam: 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2019
and person go dey look for place to do IT?
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by gaddafe(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2019
Glorifiednwafor:

Is Benin in Niger Delta??

No its in North East.
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by lereinter(m): 2:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
Leyland is folded up

Basco sells only
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by MobilityExpress: 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
Out of 35, there are 28 in the Southwest alone, wawu grin
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by Festus8542: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
see below
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by BilltheDON(m): 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2019
Good

Check in for your plain and pattern materials wholesales and retail, and senator materials
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by nams77: 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2019
Bedwyr:

The US and the UK also are the same.

They host a lot of Japanese manufacturers, who assemble their cars there too, you know.
Don't mind them. Looking down on their own development. In the early 90s Nissan opened an assembly plant in UK and that's where the european spec of bluebird, sunny and primeras came from.

1 Like

Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by 4ckyou: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
Glorifiednwafor:

Is Benin in Niger Delta??
yeah
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by Abagworo(m): 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2019
All na audio except Innoson
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by TheGiftedOne(m): 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2019
Lagos, Ibadan and Enugu. I see
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by Beeface(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
Please who know how functioning is PEUGEOT in Kaduna
Re: 35 Vehicle Assembly Plants In Nigeria And Their Locations by olamariamjonez(m): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2019
Most of them are no more functioning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HONDA & ACURA Replacement Part's, We Got You Covered!. / Chikamso Chizoba Amalu 'A.C.C Whizzy' Makes "Helicopter" Vehicles (Photos) / â›” EXCLUSIVE: Claim Your 100% Free Custom Duty Verification Reportâ›”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.