Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. (719 Views)

You Are A Dev ? You Need Some Money ? Check In (new SURVEY ) / Fiverr Gurus. Step In, I Need Some Quick Answers / How To Start An Educational Blog In Nigeria - Victorwinners.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. by Mhizdebs(f): 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
Good evening.I have been on this forum for some years now though am a silent member.I am studying computer science but They mainly just teach the theory part no practicals at all.
Please I want to improve myself. I heard about online courses,i need suggestions and advice.Thanks..
Re: Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. by healthserve(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
Visit any ICT centre like New Horizons
Re: Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. by Mhizdebs(f): 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2019
healthserve:
Visit any ICT centre like New Horizons

Thank you.But am based in Benin.
Re: Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. by healthserve(m): 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2019
Mhizdebs:

Thank you.But am based in Benin.

Visit any ICT centre in Benin. The hand you a prospe tus of courses in various departments I. E software. Web. Hardware and give you insights on the right course to take. Based on your interest and skill level you can begin with a course and then proceed to take up multiple courses as you grow your acquired skills and become proficient in your training

1 Like

Re: Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. by Mhizdebs(f): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2019
@ computergeek I have been following you diary for sometime now.You are of my mentors.I always look forward to your updates.pls I need your suggestions and advice.
Re: Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. by Mhizdebs(f): 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2019
healthserve:

Visit any ICT centre in Benin. The hand you a prospe tus of courses in various departments I. E software. Web. Hardware and give you insights on the right course to take. Based on your interest and skill level you can begin with a course and then proceed to take up multiple courses as you grow your acquired skills and become proficient in your training
Thank you.I really appreciate..
Re: Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. by stanliwise(m): 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2019
Mhizdebs:
Good evening.I have been on this forum for some years now though am a silent member.I am studying computer science but They mainly just teach the theory part no practicals at all.
Please I want to improve myself. I heard about online courses,i need suggestions and advice.Thanks..
What do you dream building someday, just make research and kick start.

But be careful of online, many things you see are not real. please be careful.
Re: Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. by healthserve(m): 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2019
Mhizdebs:

Thank you.I really appreciate..

You're most welcome
Re: Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2019
Mhizdebs:
Hello Dear. I love that you realized on time how important it is to look outside the useless theories that are being taught in school.

While I encourage you to work hard to come out with the best possible grade, don't rely on it because you'll end up being at square one in the field.

That said, I'll encourage you embrace research, but I'll leave you with some guide lines. The field of IT is so vast that it's always a stress to choose an area to focus on.

But if you really want to make out a solid nice for yourself in this day and time, I'll advice you to get started learning an area of programming. Programming, in simple terms is you writing code to change the world.

-Data science
-Web development
-App development

You can choose one out of these three or even do all if you want. But I'll advise you to focus on one and make sure you're already a guru before moving to another.

You can learn online or attend a good computer training center. For learning online, I suggest you don't pack too much material and start with the ones that are easiest and understandable.

For Data science, this area involves some of the highest earning programmers out there. They are people who make predictions and find corporate solutions by mining complex data structures. I'll advise you to start Learning Python, and then Data science with Python. Don't just learn the syntax and know the functionalities, watch and read tutorials on live projects. That's the best way to learn.

For web development, you can start with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP/Node.Js and MySQL, and then there relevant frameworks (ways of writing code easily). The first three are front-end while the last two are back back-end languages. The total thing is full-stack.

For app development, you can choose a native language such as Java or C++, But these languages will mean that you'll have to write code for Windows and Mac separately, or for Android and iOS if you're doing mobile development.

You can learn hybrid languages such as Flutter and React Native for building apps that can run on all platforms without writing separate codes.

I won't lie to you, programming is difficult. I've had many people come to me with complaints, claiming they can't do this anymore. I tell them the same thing: you need to build passion and determination, else you won't be happy with it.

However there are other areas, such as graphic design, networking, animation, machine learning (used for artificial intelligence), editing, and so much more.

You can visit the YouTube channels: Traversy Media, FreeCodeCamp, and just search online for the best programming channels.

If you have any further questions, I'll answer when I can.

Xoxo

Froshloaded. This should help
Re: Please.i Need Some Educational Advice.. by Mhizdebs(f): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
computergeek:
Hello Dear. I love that you realized on time how important it is to look outside the useless theories that are being taught in school.

While I encourage you to work hard to come out with the best possible grade, don't rely on it because you'll end up being at square one in the field.

That said, I'll encourage you embrace research, but I'll leave you with some guide lines. The field of IT is so vast that it's always a stress to choose an area to focus on.

But if you really want to make out a solid nice for yourself in this day and time, I'll advice you to get started learning an area of programming. Programming, in simple terms is you writing code to change the world.

-Data science
-Web development
-App development

You can choose one out of these three or even do all if you want. But I'll advise you to focus on one and make sure you're already a guru before moving to another.

You can learn online or attend a good computer training center. For learning online, I suggest you don't pack too much material and start with the ones that are easiest and understandable.

For Data science, this area involves some of the highest earning programmers out there. They are people who make predictions and find corporate solutions by mining complex data structures. I'll advise you to start Learning Python, and then Data science with Python. Don't just learn the syntax and know the functionalities, watch and read tutorials on live projects. That's the best way to learn.

For web development, you can start with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP/Node.Js and MySQL, and then there relevant frameworks (ways of writing code easily). The first three are front-end while the last two are back back-end languages. The total thing is full-stack.

For app development, you can choose a native language such as Java or C++, But these languages will mean that you'll have to write code for Windows and Mac separately, or for Android and iOS if you're doing mobile development.

You can learn hybrid languages such as Flutter and React Native for building apps that can run on all platforms without writing separate codes.

I won't lie to you, programming is difficult. I've had many people come to me with complaints, claiming they can't do this anymore. I tell them the same thing: you need to build passion and determination, else you won't be happy with it.

However there are other areas, such as graphic design, networking, animation, machine learning (used for artificial intelligence), editing, and so much more.

You can visit the YouTube channels: Traversy Media, FreeCodeCamp, and just search online for the best programming channels.

If you have any further questions, I'll answer when I can.

Xoxo

Wow....
Thank you very much.I appreciate
If any further questions I will get back to you.Thanks again...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Linux Lite 4.8 Arrives As A Windows 7 Alternative, Based On Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS / Build A Complete Web App For Your Website And Start Making Money With Admob / I Will Optimise Your Website Free Of Charge And Help Rank Well On Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.