Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Revealed: Minister Behind Protest Against DG NBC In Abuja - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Revealed: Minister Behind Protest Against DG NBC In Abuja (443 Views)

Securing Territorial Borders Is A Collective Responsibility- DG-NBC / Makogi Residents Protest Against Macdc Chairman Rotimi Afolabi / NBC Past Questions And Answers For Aptitude Test 2017 (how To Write The Exam) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Minister Behind Protest Against DG NBC In Abuja by damilare442: 12:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
Goes petty as he engages drunkard to revolt against Kawu

Induced underage boys with N1,000 Naira each

The minister of information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has been fingered as one of those who allegedly sponsored a protest against the Director General of the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), Mallam Modibbo Kawu.

On Friday, a man who identified himself as Yunusa Rikoto; a level 14 officer of the NBC led about six underage boys to the visibly sponsored protest.

In a video made available to this medium, the lack of composure and coherence of the lead protester is something disturbing to sane minds.

The obviously sponsored protest might have been the height of frustrations by Kawu's traducers who appeared flustered by their inability to remove Kawu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9_P_UyNn2M

In a viral video taken from the protest, Yunusa Rikoto who is the Chief Monitoring Officer, in the Directorate of Monitoring of the NBC was seen granting Interview to an unseen Interviewer, young boys are seen bearing placards with the following Bold inscriptions:

“NBC under Kawu is a sinking Ship”

“Modibbo Kawu, where is 2.5 DSO Money?”

“Modibbo Kawu must go!!!”

“NBC has lost respect under Kawu among media houses”.

Rikoto when answering a question from the anonymous  interviewer said:

"Nobody is talking about how it is paid. I implore all investigating agencies to come to NBC to investigate all the monies that Kawu have squandered."

"Anybody who knows NBC, I am Yunusa Nari Rikoto, Staff of the National Broadcasting Commission. The chief Monitoring Officer for that matter, Level 14.  If I can come out to protest against the maladministration of my organization, that has touched my heart. Look at me, I am more than 40 years, I fear nothing. I know with this, he will victimize me but I don’t care. Let Justice be done. That is all what we are asking for." he continued.

When further asked by the Interviewer whether he knows the corruption case he is currently in court,

Rikoto responded; "I am very very much aware. The case is lingering because the man is using one political personality or the other to squash the case. Big politicians and his cabals in the Villa who are shielding him from"

The placard bearers were chanting in the background….Kawu is a thief! Kawu is a thief! He must go! He must go!.

Those who want Kawu out of the NBC have been making frantic efforts to instigate things against him by sponsoring a protest since he brought the different reforms that the commission is now enjoying on board.

The court case and documentary shown on TVC which exposed the conspiracies of the duo of Lai Mohammed and Vice president Yemi Osinbajo. The documentary gave a boost to the activities of NBC led Kawu on the digital switchover (DSO) project.

Realised that they cannot achieve their agenda through court (as most of the allegations are frivolous), the traducers have resorted to instigation of staff of the commission to lead a lone protest against the head of the commission.

If you look at the protesters, they were covering their faces. The only staff of NBC, Yinusa Rikoto, who addressed the rented crowd is a well known boy of Armstrong Idachaba who was recently transferred to the directorate of Broadcast policy and Research.

Idachaba has been promised the position of DG by the information minister, Lai Mohammed. Rikito is therefore only doing Idachaba's bid. There are others behind this protest too. It is instructive to note that many people who got the videos of the protest said they got it from Godfrey Ohuabuwa. He even wanted to put it on the BON website but was turned down. "

The source further said Mr Ohuabuwa, former acting chairman of BON, and a close friend of ex DG of NBC takes the issues personal. Under Emeka Mba, Ohuabuwa allegedly made billions of naira in manufacturing set boxes contracts. The source said Ohuabuwa sees Kawu as a personal enemy since the new DG had greatly cut off the shady deals hitherto enjoyed by the Mba crew.

Also fingered are Lai Mohammed's SAs: William Adeleye and Segun Adeyemi. The source said the duo are coordinating all sorts of attacks from the ministry of information to force Kawu out.

You will recall that Lai Mohammed has continuously failed to appear in court as a prosecuting witness in the ongoing sensational trial of the NBC in a suit brought against it by the ICPC.

At the said protest, Rikoto expressed worries that the court case was taking too long and Kawu may be enjoying some protection by, in his words, a "cabal".

Further findings revealed that Kawu always give priority to staff welfare in the commission, in fact the 13th month salary was just paid to the staff.

https://kwaragist.com/revealed-minister-behind-protest-against-dg-nbc-in-abuja/

Re: Revealed: Minister Behind Protest Against DG NBC In Abuja by LUGBE: 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2019
Interesting days ahead.

(1) (Reply)

The Man Behind Bitcoin / Busted: How Lagos Explosion Killed 15, Destroyed 70 Buildings, Displaced 200 ... / Join The Most Amazing Site And Smile With Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.