Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa (941 Views)

Must My NIN Details Tally With Passport Details? / I Want To Change My Surname, Will It Affect Me In Any Way (travel Wise) / Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by UsedStore: 4:26am On Dec 26, 2019
So some years ago, my uncle decided to help me out by travelling out of the country. But I didn't know this was ry going to affect me. He changed my first name alone and my date of birth. Now, I want to change it myself

How do I go about it?

I don't know if he has applied for any visa for me cod the age there is under 18 and I think he paid for a UK visa application fee.

If I right this wrong will it affect my chances of travelling to the UK?
Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by Nobody: 4:34am On Dec 26, 2019
You can change your passport if you're planning to visit other countries, but I don't really know how you'll go about if you wanna visit the UK... Those guy's are too rigid.
Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by Nobody: 4:52am On Dec 26, 2019
You will need strong juju to do that.

And juju will involve human and octopus blood.
Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by cassidy1996(m): 6:59am On Dec 26, 2019
its possible, but it will take sometime and its expensive....those immigration officers go take you shine
Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by UsedStore: 11:18am On Dec 26, 2019
Nawa o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by UsedStore: 11:18am On Dec 26, 2019
cassidy1996:
its possible, but it will take sometime and its expensive....those immigration officers go take you shine

Like how much
Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by cassidy1996(m): 11:44am On Dec 26, 2019
UsedStore:

Like how much
the amount varies, it all depends on who you meet there
Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by sdavirus: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
No one mentioned that you can only have it done in Abuja. I'm actually gonna have my name on my passport updated next year.

And yes, like they said... It's gonna be expensive... Just work with 100k in your mind. Before things got so bad, my mate was quoted 60k....so was prolly 40-50k it would have been done.

Try to meet a senior officer... Not those small ones that will still need to grease so many people's palms... Making it more expensive.
Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by ednut1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2019
UsedStore:

Like how much
Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by AheadAhead123: 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
ednut1:

Sabi boy. Very correct!!!
Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by andrewbaba44: 3:10am On Dec 30, 2019
sdavirus:
No one mentioned that you can only have it done in Abuja. I'm actually gonna have my name on my passport updated next year.

And yes, like they said... It's gonna be expensive... Just work with 100k in your mind. Before things got so bad, my mate was quoted 60k....so was prolly 40-50k it would have been done.

Try to meet a senior officer... Not those small ones that will still need to grease so many people's palms... Making it more expensive.

100k ke

Me that I lost my passport to get a new one cost me 85k at ikoyi

I got it within 2 weeks
Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by sdavirus: 7:28am On Dec 30, 2019
andrewbaba44:

100k ke

Me that I lost my passport to get a new one cost me 85k at ikoyi

I got it within 2 weeks

What you mentioned and what we are talking about are they the same thing? Is Ikeja and Abuja the same?
What's the difference between 85 and 100?
What was said...Work with, right ?

You guys should try to read to comprehend fully, not just reply.
Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by andrewbaba44: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
sdavirus:

What you mentioned and what we are talking about are they the same thing? Is Ikeja and Abuja the same?
What's the difference between 85 and 100?
What was said...Work with, right ?

You guys should try to read to comprehend fully, not just reply.

I read and I comprehend ,stop being emotional over simple something

I am trying to say he won’t change details for 100k unless Na dat office him passport go sleep and e no go come out

If you wanna change details you should be having nothing less than 150k ,naija Immigration officers are thieves

Bros life is not too hard for you to be angry over little things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Change My Passport Details Even After Applying For A Visa by Dallasfinest: 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
UsedStore:
So some years ago, my uncle decided to help me out by travelling out of the country. But I didn't know this was ry going to affect me. He changed my first name alone and my date of birth. Now, I want to change it myself

How do I go about it?

I don't know if he has applied for any visa for me cod the age there is under 18 and I think he paid for a UK visa application fee.

If I right this wrong will it affect my chances of travelling to the UK?

Its only the grace of God would make those people change ur details on ur passport... i also had issue with my passport back '17 luckily i dont have any visa in it. I wish you the very best though. You need to travel down to NIS in Abuja.

(1) (Reply)

Living In Turkey / Christmas Trip!? / Any Idea On Visa Lottery Process?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.