Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Anthony Joshua Set To Retire From Boxing After 15 More Fights - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Set To Retire From Boxing After 15 More Fights (322 Views)

Daniella Hemsley Flashes Breasts: Got Banned From Boxing Final (pictures) / Paris, Tyson Fury's Wife Begs Him To Quit Boxing After Anthony Joshua Fight / Kubrat Pulev Fined, Banned From Boxing After Kissing Female Reporter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Set To Retire From Boxing After 15 More Fights by Phace(m): 6:36am On Dec 26, 2019
Anthony Joshua says he has 15 more fights before he retires from professional boxing.

Joshua avenged his shock loss in his rematch against Andy Ruiz Jr with a unanimous points decision.

And now with his world titles back in his possession, boxing fans are desperate to see him take on fellow heavyweight kings Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.

But first will be a mandatory scrap against either the IBF’s Kubrat Pulev or the WBO’s Oleksandr Usyk.

If he manages to navigate through this, the chance to become undisputed champ against either Fury or Wilder should present itself.

But Joshua doesn’t think his career will stop there.

In an interview with Sky Sports, when asked how many more fights he will have, the 30-year-old responded: “Fourteen, fifteen. That would take me to 35, 40 fights maybe.”

It’s likely that means Joshua will box on for another five years, taking him to 35-years-old.

Joshua also admitted he could be forced into vacating the WBO belt if he decides on fighting IBF mandatory Pulev next.

He added: “I would hate it because it’s so hard to go round and collect all these belts, it’s really difficult and I’ve kept hold of them for so many years.

“So to have to vacate because of the boxing politics would be annoying, but there’s things that are out of my control.”

Source: https://www.today.ng/sport/boxing/anthony-joshua-set-retire-boxing-15-fights-270525/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Retire From Boxing After 15 More Fights by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2019
Deontey wilder

(1) (Reply)

If You Have Not Watched How Wilder Was Destroyed Then Come Here (video) / Senegalese International Ismaila Sarr Sinks Liverpool / Please I Need To Understand Bet9ja Odd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.