Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do (1985 Views)

Ten Things You Didn't Know Your Smartphone Could Do / Here Are Five Things You Never Knew Your Android Phone Could Do / 5 Hidden Tricks You Never Knew Your Android Phone Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do by Kingerons: 7:22am On Dec 26, 2019
Smartphones are very lovely; its basically like having a computer in your pocket with packed full of features to make your life easier. But some of these features are less obvious than others and sometimes are never utilized due to unawareness of their functions.

Lets quickly look at a couple of important buy abstract things you never knew your phone could do for you

6 Things You Never Knew Your Phone Could Do

Control other devices
Android phones are being released with infrared blasters. This enables them to be able to control other devices that respond to infrared signals. Some phones have default apps that perform the function in ways like controlling your TV or set-top box. These are some of the things you can control with your phone.

You can also control dozens of gadgets from your DVR to your computer to a high-end digital camera. At work, you can use your iPhone as a remote for PowerPoint or Keynote presentation.

Track your kids or your Spouse
For safety reasons or for some other reasons, smartphones can enable you to keep track of the whereabouts of your kids or spouse. Apps like Find My iPhone and Verizon Family Locator allow you to remotely check in on the whereabouts of another smartphone using GPS tracking.

Monitor your Heart Rate

Apps like Instant Heart Rate, which can be downloaded on iOS and Android devices, are able to give you a pulse reading simply by you placing a finger on the front-facing camera. This can come in handy for bodybuilders and anyone involved in bodily exercise.

It also monitors your fat-burning ability and how quickly your heart rate recovers after exercise.

Unlock your Phone automatically whenever you are at home
Security codes or pattern on your phone is a basic security measure for mostly security and privacy. But in safe places like your home, it may actually not be necessary, like in your own home.

Your device will figure out where it is using GPS, and then deactivate the security features you don’t need. Just go to Settings > Security > Smart Lock > Trusted Places and set up places where you don’t need your phone’s security to be set at maximum. These are some of the amazing things you can do with your phone.

SEE MORE: https://mytechyconnect.com/things-you-never-knew-your-phone-could-do/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:24am On Dec 26, 2019
That is so cool, all androids or just I-phone?
Re: 6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do by chuxy12(m): 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2019
wow!
Re: 6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do by nlPoster: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hm
Re: 6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do by spafu(m): 1:44am On Dec 27, 2019
Ok
Re: 6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do by Goldyyy: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
HRHQueenPhil:
Androids should be able to
Re: 6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do by Humphrizy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nice write-up... Kudos to the OP
Re: 6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do by Mohbola(f): 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nice one
Re: 6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do by Kingerons: 7:56am On Jan 02, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:

Both..SMARTPHONE
Re: 6 Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do by Kingerons: 7:56am On Jan 02, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:

Both..SMARTPHONES

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A32, A52, A72 - Finally! / An X User Brand New Xiaomi Redmi 13c Exploded While Charging / I Just Got This Sms From Mtn!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.