Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Kanu Nwankwo Loses ‘daughter’ - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kanu Nwankwo Loses ‘daughter’ (432 Views)

Gender Equality And The Controversy Globally – Miss Chioma Mercy Nwankwo / Kanu Nwankwo Gets Political Appointment In Imo State / Car Falls Into A Stream In Owerri, As Driver Loses Control As (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Loses ‘daughter’ by xcelentattitude(m): 9:38am On Dec 26, 2019
Former Super Eagles player, Kanu Nwankwo Wednesday announced the death of one of the first beneficiaries of his heart foundation turned daughter, Enitan.

“Why why why one of Kanu heart foundation gone,” Kanu said on Twitter.

“My daughter gone gone gone I can’t believe this R I P Eniton God knows all.”

Kanu’s wife Amara Kanu on Instagram said the 21-year-old died of complications from malaria.

Enitan who was 2-year-old when she benefitted from the former Arsenal player’s foundation just completed her university education before moving to Nigeria.

Amara said she moved back to Lagos to work for the Kanu prior to her death.

“Enitan was just 2 years old when she had her open surgery done in London courtesy of the Kanu Heart Foundation,” Amara said on Instagram on Wednesday.

“She then became part of my family and 19 years later after completing her university studies, she came back to work with us in our Lagos office until she passed yesterday from some complications with malaria.”

Kanu started the Heart Foundation in 2000 after he survived a heart condition.

The foundation has “successfully helped 538 children” get open-heart surgeries in hospitals across the world and spent about $4.2 million.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/kanu-nwankwo-loses-daughter/

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Loses ‘daughter’ by daddytime(m): 10:23am On Dec 26, 2019
Kai

(1) (Reply)

NCDC Confirms 14 New Cases / Abba kyari burial presidential order has been violated. No social distancing / My Wife Does Not Know That I Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.