Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,883 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) (6869 Views)

Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA / The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by horsepower101: 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
As promised, I said I will start a thread about this during the time of festivities when most of us are home.

Please post the picture of your Igbo village on this thread.

This thread is for villages and related discussions only.

Dalu nu.
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by horsepower101: 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ukpo village in Dunukofia LGA, Anambra state

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by horsepower101: 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2019
Video of Abiriba village, Abia state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg6iCSFQH7M

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Snipper007: 10:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
I will post the pictures of abiriba tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by horsepower101: 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2019
Oguta village in Imo state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by horsepower101: 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
Agudu village in Enugu state

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by horsepower101: 10:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
More of Agudu village

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by horsepower101: 10:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
Osumenyi Village, Anambra state

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Gandollaar(f): 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
OP I don't have an aerial photo of my village. But I can assure you that my village is best place on earth.

When Yorubas come here to scream " go back to your caves" simply because they themselves have not ventured out of their villages, I just laugh.

My village has electricity, phone network, urban, notable men and women, civilized and accommodating.

My village is Umuakuru Emekuku Owerri. It's good to be home!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by horsepower101: 10:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
Gandollaar:
OP I don't have an aerial photo of my village. But I can assure you that my village is best place on earth.

When Yorubas come here to scream " go back to your caves" simply because they themselves have not ventured out of their villages, I jusaugh.

Nwanne don’t worry. Post what you have. We need different perspectives.
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Gandollaar(f): 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2019
horsepower101:

Nwanne don’t worry. Post what you have. We need different perspectives.
Lol..I don't even have pictures of my family home grin
I edited my post.
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by dawnomike(m): 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
An igbo man's villaged is a city for some people... Only few villages are backward

10 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by obiekunie2: 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2019
dawnomike:
An igbo man's villaged is a city for some people... Only few villages are backward

no village is backward in south east - pls am not bragging am just saying it as it - if you are in doubt, use google map and locate any village in south east and see for yourself.

they all have at least 75% tarred road, nice well build houses, serene, clean and nice highly breathable fresh air, no pipe borne water but you will see boreholes almost everywhere - families without borehole have free access to majority of boreholes situated at strategic locations.

IT IS NOT YET PARADISE BUT MEN FORGET THE BAD PRESS - WE ARE GRADUALLY BUT SURELY GETTING THERE.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Pigsandidiots: 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
Gandollaar:

When Yorubas come here to scream " go back to your caves" simply because they themselves have not ventured out of their villages, I just laugh.

My village has electricity, phone network, urban, notable men and women, civilized and accommodating.

Just see how this one mentioned Yoruba. Which village no come get network, electricity and notable men and women.

And if Yoruba wants to venture out of their village, is it igboland and village that will now be the destination. We spit out backwardness.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by cassidy1996(m): 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
hmmmm.....your village make sense. kudos!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by dawnomike(m): 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
obiekunie2:

no village is backward in south east - pls am not bragging am just saying it as it - if you are in doubt, use google map and locate any village in south east and see for yourself.

they all have at least 75% tarred road, nice well build houses, serene, clean and nice highly breathable fresh air, no pipe borne water but you will see boreholes almost everywhere - families without borehole have free access to majority of boreholes situated at strategic locations.

IT IS NOT YET PARADISE BUT MEN FORGET THE BAD PRESS - WE ARE GRADUALLY BUT SURELY GETTING THERE.
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by olumide3367(m): 11:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
Igbo knwenu

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by horsepower101: 11:29pm On Dec 26, 2019
obiekunie2:

I cannot think of any mud house in my village. It’s will be a very rare sight.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Gandollaar(f): 11:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Pigsandidiots:
Just see how this one mentioned Yoruba. Which village no come get network, electricity and notable men and women.

And if Yoruba wants to venture out of their village, is it igboland and village that will now be the destination. We spit out backwardness.

Oga travel and see, it's part of education.

I have been to your deserted villages and know why you all claim lagosians.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by GODPUNISHALABI: 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
Pigsandidiots:

we have seen pictures of Ibadan and remaining 4 waste dumps of the abobaku scratched faces apart from no mans land no state in ewedu land can match any Igbo village

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by mytime24(f): 12:34am On Dec 27, 2019
Waiting for brown roof embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by unity004(m): 1:45am On Dec 27, 2019
grin dear op, I should post the picture of my village when it was in Biafra or Nigeria?
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Pavore9: 5:27am On Dec 27, 2019
Why bring in the Yorubas into the conversation? If the thread is about posting your village pictures then let it be and stop dragging another tribe into it!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Uchek(m): 6:17am On Dec 27, 2019
Nwannem how you dey? No mind the the average Yorubas on this forum who claims Lagos even though he is not from Lagos

My village is Ugboegbelu, Emekuku - Owerri, IMO STATE:

Gandollaar:

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Ttipsy(f): 6:20am On Dec 27, 2019
urbanization

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Gandollaar(f): 6:30am On Dec 27, 2019
Uchek:
Nwannem how you dey? No mind the the average Yorubas on this forum who claims Lagos even though he is not from Lagos

My village is Ugboegbelu, Emekuku - Owerri, LAGOS STATE:

Ihu na daa grin
I will pm you.
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by franchasng: 6:34am On Dec 27, 2019
Gandollaar:

I have been to your village during a courtesy visit to Kema Chikwe. Archbishop Obinna from Umuocham close to Nkwor-emeke market is also a family friend. Your village Umuakuru is a city of course. It is finer than most places in Lagos. I learnt lands are sold for millions there now.

So you are very correct.

Igbos try their best to develop their respective villages. One time we did a community function and some of my Yoruba friends accompanied me home then, ever since then, they started respecting Igbos because what Muri saw shocked him. That was his first time of visiting an Igbo land.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by SaintHilary(m): 7:24am On Dec 27, 2019
To be honest i was expecting worse pictures

Like the ones in Nollywood movies

Kudos to dose at the east!

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by KosiGee(m): 7:26am On Dec 27, 2019
Gandollaar:

You ruined this beautiful thread by your mentioning of ‘Yorubas asking you to leave’ statement. It’s not necessary.

This shouldn’t be a ‘my daddy’s Mercedes is bigger than your daddy’s thread. It should be fun and educative but you are getting paranoid.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by KosiGee(m): 7:32am On Dec 27, 2019
GODPUNISHALABI:
we have seen pictures of Ibadan and remaining 4 waste dumps of the abobaku scratched faces apart from no mans land no state in ewedu land can match any Igbo village

If you don’t rid yourself of this type of mentality during this Christmas season and end of the year, I wonder when you will do that.

You and some of the posters here are messing up a thread started to celebrate progress and educate others.

Rid yourself of negative energies.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by THURAFTERNOON: 7:35am On Dec 27, 2019
Most of you igbos don't feel alright if you don't include yoruba in your conversations... Awon werey

Beautiful villages I must say!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Africa's Most Glamorous Hotels (Pictures) / COVID-19: FAAN Threatens To Jail VIPs, Others Flouting Airports Protocols / Enjoy A Weekend Of Fun In Badagry, Visit Historical Sites, Whispering Palms, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.