Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,539 members, 7,861,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:31 PM

Remembering High Chief (dr.) O.b. Lulu-briggs, Oon, Dcf, Dssrs December 27, 2019 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Remembering High Chief (dr.) O.b. Lulu-briggs, Oon, Dcf, Dssrs December 27, 2019 (231 Views)

Autopsy Reveals High Chief Dr O. B. Lulu-Briggs Died Of Natural Causes / Remembering High Chief (dr.) O. B. Lulu-briggs, An Evening Of Hymns And Praise / Abonnema Youth Call For Immediate Burial Of High Chief Dr O. B. Lulu-briggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remembering High Chief (dr.) O.b. Lulu-briggs, Oon, Dcf, Dssrs December 27, 2019 by FirstPostNig: 8:53am On Dec 27, 2019
Remembering High Chief (Dr.) O.B. Lulu-Briggs, OON, DCF, DSSRS
December 27, 2019

Exactly a year ago today, my beloved husband, our father, grandfather, and great grandfather High Chief (Dr.) O.B. Lulu-Briggs, OON, DCF, DSSRS, our treasured patriarch, our greatly admired Chief, translated into glory.

I believe in St Paul’s teaching to the Christians at Thessalonica which states that:

‘13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.’
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 King James Version

This was a passage my husband and I invariably turned to whenever we felt overcome by the painful loss of loved ones. My husband was a Christian who always trusted in God and drew fresh insights, inspiration and comfort from reading his bible daily.

One of the happiest days of his life was the day he gave his life to Christ and subsequently, led the entire Chapel of God congregation that day to the river at Etche for his baptism in keeping with what he had read in the Acts of the Apostles-

“37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.”
Acts 2: 37-41, KJV

My husband was a man of many seasons. And he was exceedingly blessed with success in each of his seasons. Through them all his indomitable characteristics remained constant. He was honest, kind, loving and generous. Curious, energetic, hardworking, disciplined and meticulous. He was fair, firm and focused. He was a perennial optimist, jovial and amiable. He was a humble and contented man.

Like most of us, my doting husband was often misunderstood. He was underestimated on several occasions, and he told many stories of people trying to cheat him. Through all those vexing times, he stood on the truth and stuck to his principles. As a result, by the grace of God, he was able to hold his head up and pass on without blemish on his good name.

There is so much good to learn from the way he went about his life: his love of humanity; the manner in which he was clear about the fact that he had a central role to play in looking after others and his community.

There are many, many heartening memories to remember about Opuda. And it is those memories and what I learnt from him, from his implicit faith in God, from his fearlessness, from the way he understood human nature and still showed love and cared, and from the way he conducted his business, that and so much more have sustained me and our children this past year.

My husband died peacefully in Accra, Ghana on December 27, 2018, exactly one year today. The day before he had presided over a family thanksgiving in Abonnema with such aplomb! I recall how he personally oversaw the disbursement of his year-end gifts, waiting until all the distinguished Chiefs and guests had received their parcels and gone home very pleased before ‘closing’ for the day. Typical Chief. He loved to get things done, especially when it meant doing good for others. And he always took responsibility and saw things through to their logical end.

It’s been a year full of upheaval within our family. Through it all we have stayed true to the Christian values and principles that the High Chief espoused and lived by. There is really no need for us not to have laid him to rest. But in all things we give Glory, thanks and praise to God Almighty. We stand on His Word and on the promises He has made to us, His adoring children. We trust Him.

Indeed, a year has flown by since our patriarch passed on. All nostalgic thoughts are as sweet and as good as he was in his lifetime. Words do not fully express how so dearly we miss him. We, however, remember him today with joy as we have from the day he translated into Glory.

We deeply appreciate and are greatly comforted by the outpouring of love, prayers and support we have been enveloped in since his passing. To God be the glory.

Re: Remembering High Chief (dr.) O.b. Lulu-briggs, Oon, Dcf, Dssrs December 27, 2019 by Kestolove(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2019
24 to 27 of dec. Is always a useless date..
Re: Remembering High Chief (dr.) O.b. Lulu-briggs, Oon, Dcf, Dssrs December 27, 2019 by Kestolove(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2019
U people should bury him, the man haf suffered

(1) (Reply)

Http://hugshs.com/elite-vitality-male-enhance-buy/ / Workerwoka For Families-solutions For Workers / Sealers As Souvenir's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.