Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Nothing For Christmas - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nothing For Christmas (572 Views)

What Meal Have You Prepared This Morning For Christmas? / I Want To Give 20 NAIRALAND Families 50k For Christmas / Lady Claims Her Father Mistakenly Sent Her N10M For Christmas (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing For Christmas by wendypenny: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2019
Good morning house. Please advice me. OK so, this Christmas my husband didn't give me a dime, not one naira, he went shopping for groceries by himself and kept at home, on the 14th I told him I needed to make my hair, he said he will give me the money the next day, I waited and finally made my hair myself. I can't remember the year I got a gift from him, we have four kids, the annoying part of it is he didn't buy a piece of cloth for the kids, I begged him to at least take them out but he refused. He sent money to people to look good, thing is I know where he keeps his money but I can't dare touch it, I lost it yesterday and told him if he didn't have I will understand but he is just showing me wickedness. I told him I was tired of the marriage I am stressing too much, everything I own I got them myself. Its like I am just a baby making machine and house help / cook. All my clothes are bad, old yet he is not bothered.

1 Like

Re: Nothing For Christmas by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 27, 2019
Your husband sounds stingy

But I will like to hear his side of the story first before passing judgement

Also try and get a job too so u won't be a liability.. He can leave u anytime

Didn't u see this his behavior when u were dating him? Or u thought he will change when u guys get married

1 Like

Re: Nothing For Christmas by donbachi(m): 10:31am On Dec 27, 2019
Ur husband must be from jupiter...or an ancient man in a modern world...even to his own.

1 Like

Re: Nothing For Christmas by babythug(f): 10:31am On Dec 27, 2019
You’ve aired your views to him it’s left to him to adjust!

Pending that work within what’s available to you as resources / income.

Of whatever you have/get from him remember to set aside a little to cover your personal expenses and perhaps a rainy day- no matter how little.

Find ways to make yourself and the children happy with or without him!

1 Like

Re: Nothing For Christmas by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 27, 2019
There might be something you might have done UNINTENTIONALLY that made him refuse you your request.

Take your time and check what are those things you do that gets him pissed off,...

But sorry, your husband is just too childish.... Bottling up issues to the point of denying his own kids that good time was really stupid of him.

And you, use your tongue to count your teeth.... My mind tells me your husband is digging another pussy elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Nothing For Christmas by Sijo01(f): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2019
henriettttta:
Your husband sounds stingy

But I will like to hear his side of the story first before passing judgement

Also try and get a job too so u won't be a liability.. He can leave u anytime

What do you want to hear from him that will justify his act?

Let's assume the wife offended him and he chose to ignore her needs this season. What about the children? Did they also offend him?

Your last sentence made a lot of sense. Op try and empower yourself; no matter how small. Earn your own money.

6 Likes

Re: Nothing For Christmas by sisisioge: 10:44am On Dec 27, 2019
Nothing for the kids too? Are you guys operating the modern or traditional house running partnership? I think I know the type of your husband. They like to impress outsiders by giving to boost their ego but leave their hones to suffer the loss. It is well o...may God help you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing For Christmas by atiku4President(m): 10:51am On Dec 27, 2019
I doubt if you can get any reasonable advice from a toxic platform like nairaland. I also strongly want to advise against seeking help about how you go about your family challenges in social media. Having said that, I can feel your situation and want to advice you to sit down with your husband and talk things out genuinely. You sound educated and I wonder if your husband sees things from your perspective at all. I would have loved to know some detail about your marriage to help me in advising you, but this platform is not convenient for that cos a lot of toxic people are around to rape your emotions. I hope you find true love in the new year and merry Christmas.
Re: Nothing For Christmas by Tocynone(m): 11:15am On Dec 27, 2019
BTW, who pays the house rent, school fees, food stuffs? You or hubby

3 Likes

Re: Nothing For Christmas by bogdaddy(m): 4:36pm On Dec 27, 2019
I have been following your threads on here, you complain a lot. Anyways you guys have 4 kids already so face it marriage has ups and downs. It rains everywhere madam
wendypenny:
Good morning house. Please advice me. OK so, this Christmas my husband didn't give me a dime, not one naira, he went shopping for groceries by himself and kept at home, on the 14th I told him I needed to make my hair, he said he will give me the money the next day, I waited and finally made my hair myself. I can't remember the year I got a gift from him, we have four kids, the annoying part of it is he didn't buy a piece of cloth for the kids, I begged him to at least take them out but he refused. He sent money to people to look good, thing is I know where he keeps his money but I can't dare touch it, I lost it yesterday and told him if he didn't have I will understand but he is just showing me wickedness. I told him I was tired of the marriage I am stressing too much, everything I own I got them myself. Its like I am just a baby making machine and house help / cook. All my clothes are bad, old yet he is not bothered.

2 Likes

Re: Nothing For Christmas by yeyeosoronga: 9:05am On Dec 28, 2019
Make 2020 a year you will get a job..
I hope you have family, that can help you raise money to start a business, in case you don't find a job.
But don't let 2020 leave you in the same vulnerable position you are now. You need your own money, to meet your own needs

1 Like

Re: Nothing For Christmas by ogawisdom(m): 9:41am On Dec 28, 2019
Pray for him
He needs help
Re: Nothing For Christmas by ahnie: 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
Get a job period..and think outside the box..skip the Lamentations!

1 Like

Re: Nothing For Christmas by Cutehector(m): 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
And what do you do for a living? undecided
Re: Nothing For Christmas by highbee02: 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
Work, I repeat work to get your own money. Change your entitlement mentality.

1 Like

Re: Nothing For Christmas by bukatyne(f): 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
wendypenny:

Who pays the school fees, rent, food, cloths the kids, utilities, repairs etc.

Do you earn?
Re: Nothing For Christmas by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
Tocynone:
BTW, who pays the house rent, school fees, food stuffs? You or hubby

I would like to know too
Re: Nothing For Christmas by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
People asking who pays the bills, what are you getting at? Is a man not supposed to take care of his family? He clearly has and has refused to do anything for them. No excuse for being irresponsible please.

OP, look for a job, no matter how little. Accept your lot that your are married to a stingy man. Don't get pregnant again, if you have family that can raise money for you to start a business, talk to them. Again, get a job or start a business and make yourself happy.

2 Likes

Re: Nothing For Christmas by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
SBL28:
People asking who pays the bills, what are you getting at? Is a man not supposed to take care of his family? He clearly has and has refused to do anything for them. No excuse for being irresponsible please

OP, look for a job, no matter how little. Accept your lot that your are married to a stingy man. Don't get pregnant again, if you have family that can raise money for you to start a business, talk to them. Again, get a job or start a business and make yourself happy.

This is untrue Ms
If he takes care of the home alone all through , he might become resentful and “nonfestive” and won’t have the enthusiasm to buy stuff for his family. He would start penny (kobo) pinching and I get it. Not everyone is a saint, some are just only human
And no, they must not buy anything for their kids, they must not take them out, especially if money is tight

I could be wrong here-but I know some psychology and I don’t “buy” the OP
Sorry!
Re: Nothing For Christmas by crackhaus: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
This woman is quite funny in a pathetic way.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. / Who Is To Be Blamed For The Failure Of A Marriage:man Or Woman / Yes, I Got My Husband Drunk And Raped Him - Sex Starved Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.