Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Wizkid On Plastic Chair: Africa's First Lecturer Hip-hop Artist Breaks Silence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Wizkid On Plastic Chair: Africa's First Lecturer Hip-hop Artist Breaks Silence (605 Views)

Best Man Of The Groom Who Died 3 Days After Wedding Breaks Silence / Rapper, Kabex Disrupts The Class Of Africa's First Lecturer Hip Hop Artist / This Picture Of Wizkid On NYSC Khaki Uniform Is So Dope. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid On Plastic Chair: Africa's First Lecturer Hip-hop Artist Breaks Silence by damilare442: 7:07pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nigerians and the music world at large, has spent a significant portion of the past couple of days grappling with the implications of “Wizkid" coming to Ilorin, capital of Kwara State.”

The Sensational Singer, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, popularly known as Wizkid, had on Wednesday (Christmas night) arrived in the capital city of Kwara state, Ilorin, Kwara hotel.

But immediately  after his exquisite performance, some news emerged about the young artiste being maltreated and disrespected by citizens of Kwara, after a footage of the handsome young artiste sitting on a plastic chair at the beginning of the concert went viral.

However this is not true! As a researcher, entertainer and public person,  I got to the concert venue quite early. However, in order for me to watch the unfolding of events and have an accurate report, I became a participant observer as always.

Before the arrival of Wizkid, who has been one of the world’s brightest and most influential pop stars in his own right, everywhere was jammed and over- crowded. For anyone to move between the huge crowd, it is like one trying to dribble across a line of four super defenders.

Wizkid finally decided to walk through the backstage. Unlike most of his contemporaries in a comparable stratum, He attracted little attention because he dressed in a very simple and unique style. As at the time he arrived, the time wasn't ripe for him to mount the stage the veteran musician decided to sit on a white plastic chair.

It is important to note that, the chair upon which he sat was among the triads of seats, myself, Alhaji Mashal,and Ahaji Abefe had earlier sat on when we arrived. Therefore, the media's quest and some people's desire to make an unnecessary fictional scene about it is unethical and improper.

Everyday, the media exaggerates negative news, and I'm afraid this distortions have consequences. News is about things that happen, not things that didn't happen. I did not see a journalist saying to the camera, “I’m reporting live from ilorin where Wizkid is currently being mobbed, disrespected or humiliated."

Indubitably, Ilorin people are cultured and well mannered. We are respectful and our society is filled with highly sagacious intellectuals. No culture or tribe is totally perfect or knows it all
though, however, I hate it when people look down on us. Those who are knowledgeable know we manufacture knnowledge here. Many people came from diffrent states to tap here also. You can check your Google and see many things that have happend here. The fact that we don't make noise doesn't mean we represent those uncultured and uneducative adjectives flying arround on social media.

As much as I love constructive criticism and appreciate people's suggestions, often times, the biggest problems I do have is the manner, style and tone of criticism.

For instance, I was astounded to see some blindfolded comment stagging Ilorin as a city of local people living in a state of dilemma. Some even professed that nothing good existhere.This is highly derogatory and myopic.

Ilorin is the home to the famous University of Ilorin, the city has welcomed both international and local students for decades and it is one of the most beautiful and peaceful places to study in Nigeria.

Ilorin is one of the safest places to live in Nigeria, very friendly and peaceful. This has been the reason why some strangers could choose to stay on and start a family here or even convince thier family to move here along with you.

The essential part, the public and fans of Wizkid should take cognizance of, is the singer's virtue of patience and humility.

A king who sits among his people desires total closeness, freedom and much love from his people. The first test of a truly great man is his humility. Wizkid was not offered a plastic chair by the organisers.  He simply saw the chair when he arrived at the back stage waiting for his official call to perform. Wizkid was at the concert not to sit, he came solely to perform and thrill his fans. Even if he sat on a plastic chair, is a plastic chair not a chair?

For Wizkid to have sat on that chair without hesitation, considering his legendary status, simply depicts his Noble character. Truth be told, I'm a true son of the soil, and here in Kwara state, respect for ourselves guides our morals, and respect for others guides our manners.

Isiaq Adbdulwaheed is Africa's First Lecturer Hip Hop Artist. You can follow him on Instagram and Twitter @iam_theorist

https://kwaragist.com/africas-first-lecturer-hip-hop-artiste-breaks-silence-on-wizkid-and-the-plastic-chair-controversy/

Re: Wizkid On Plastic Chair: Africa's First Lecturer Hip-hop Artist Breaks Silence by czarina(f): 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2019
Lecturer hip-hop artist, huh?

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Those That Were Killed Yesterday In Kaduna Killings / Hrh, Eze Chineletem Thankgod Sampson Sworn In As Eze Uchi Ii Of Ekpeye Logbo / How To Open Disabled Facebook Account Instantly – 100% Working Method

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.