Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,281 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

The Place For Sagamu In The Armana Letters - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Place For Sagamu In The Armana Letters (799 Views)

Brief History Of Sagamu / Breaking News: Sagamu Traditional Rites / Happy 65th Birthday To My Mum Olori Of Makun Sagamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Place For Sagamu In The Armana Letters by absoluteSuccess: 12:27am On Dec 28, 2019
Merry Christmas in arrears folks.

Been really busy lately writing a long overdue book, at 130th page on Christmas day, I think of sharing some of the most recent of my findings. I believe you will love it.

I've once claimed that Ijebu isn't Jebusite.

Will love to recant on this position. My wife is an Ijebu and a Sagamite. But I have the Armana letters to thank for this new understanding. Well thanks dear, omo ewusi, isagamu ewa.

Now I agree with metaphysical.

But I disagree that Jerusalem means "Ijebu Isale" as Pst. Omokri would like us believe. Rather, Urrusalim was one of the ways a neighbor vassal-king (of Egypt) pronounced the place name.

The people were Ijebu, but the place bear her own name, Urrusalim. However, in patriarchal time, there are likelihood that Shechem was of earlier import or recorning prior to Salem?

Abraham journeyed from the Sumerian city of Ur, through today Turkey, where the Hittites of Mari have their great empire. One of Hati kings was Lamgi-Mari.

Abraham At Shechem

When Abraham arrived Palestine after traveling through the fertile crescent, he built an altar at a place called "the hill of Mamreh", at the place of Shechem.

This name, "Shechem" is the "Sagamu" of the Yoruba people. An online version of the letter gave Shechem as "Sakmu", (I hope I'm right about that). The founding fathers brought the names.

Mamreh is (the terrebinth) of Moreh. Put more aptly, the English "Mamreh" is Yoruba "Moreh". Words cannot remain the same through the thick and thin of time and space.

Dialect variations and native accent changes the way foreign words are to be pronounced through channels of linguistic exchange that exists in all languages of the world.

An Egyptian Variation

Even at the time, an adjutant of king Sesostris lll of Egypt by name Chu-Sebek chiselled out on war diary that "...Sekmem collapsed together with the whole miserable country of Retenu".

Indeed, proud Egyptians dominated the Levant. The Armana letters is a great deal in understanding the place of the Levant as vassal of the almighty Egypt at the time.

It also help us to understand why Yoruba do "yika" for kings and "yira" for God. It's all about osuba, formalities for kings. Pharaoh was king of kings of Palestine and Syria, called Retenu.

A Place For Yoruba Sagamu

The Yoruba still holds the vestiges of ancient ciphertex of Shechem. The Sagamu of today falls within Remo division. It's easy to see this (Remo) as back formation of Moreh.

By the way, what was Abraham up to with the lad call Isaac for God sake? That's Remo. Oral tradition claimed that this happened at a hill in Jerusalem. Hence the gaze unto Zion.

Uriah the Hittite married a native of Jerusalem, whom David coveted. By this token, Solomon is preferred to be the king of Jerusalem, as a child of Basheba the native.

His era heralds the ancestors' coming to Yorubaland, with the queen of Sheba as regent. However, greater than Solomon is here in the name of Jesus of Nasareth.

Whenever we invoke the spirit of our ancestors, we are meant to say...

K'awo rere maa j'esa ni Moreh.

2 Likes

Re: The Place For Sagamu In The Armana Letters by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 28, 2019
"Shechem" ko sachet ni...

.. If you don't know, our Sagamu simply means ORISHAGAMU EWA!

2 Likes

Re: The Place For Sagamu In The Armana Letters by absoluteSuccess: 1:13am On Dec 28, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:
"Shechem" ko sachet ni...

.. If you don't know, our Sagamu simply means ORISHAGAMU EWA!

Thanks,

This is all you know about the place.
Inu bibi nii p'eru.
Re: The Place For Sagamu In The Armana Letters by absoluteSuccess: 6:31am On Dec 28, 2019
As per Sagamu ewa, meaning "Orisa gun amu ewa", this seats firm with the idea of the time of the patriarchs.

I've not even given that a thought until now. Thanks to the sachet troll above who came with the polemics as usual.

Jacob (Orisa: ancestor) bequited to posterity a "beautiful well" where Christ met the Samaritan woman in the gospels.

Like the Samaritan woman who conversed with Christ had reverenced the well of Jacob, so does this Yoruba epithet.

Likewise, Jacob is not totally lost from the tongue and memoirs of the Sagamites, for here we have Ajaka-Makun.

At Makun, a replacement has been found for the "Jacob's well" that looms large upon the place name.

Odo erimu, a spring believed to have given the place her name still flow gently thru her channel at its old age, near St. Paul's.

How would so much a corresponding historical patterns survive in two different locations far apart without prior connections?

May those thirsty for wisdom be filled with spring of water flowing with divine wisdom that comes with age, like the river.

1 Like

Re: The Place For Sagamu In The Armana Letters by MetaPhysical: 9:56am On Dec 28, 2019
absoluteSuccess:
Merry Christmas in arrears folks.

Been really busy lately writing a long overdue book, at 130th page on Christmas day, I think of sharing some of the most recent of my findings. I believe you will love it.

I've once claimed that Ijebu isn't Jebusite.

Will love to recant on this position. My wife is an Ijebu and a Sagamite. But I have the Armana letters to thank for this new understanding. Well thanks dear, omo ewusi, isagamu ewa.

Now I agree with metaphysical.

But I disagree that Jerusalem means "Ijebu Isale" as Pst. Omokri would like us believe. Rather, Urrusalim was one of the ways a neighbor vassal-king (of Egypt) pronounced the place name.

The people were Ijebu, but the place bear her own name, Urrusalim. However, in patriarchal time, there are likelihood that Shechem was of earlier import or recorning prior to Salem?

Abraham journeyed from the Sumerian city of Ur, through today Turkey, where the Hittites of Mari have their great empire. One of Hati kings was Lamgi-Mari.

Abraham At Shechem

When Abraham arrived Palestine after traveling through the fertile crescent, he built an altar at a place called "the hill of Mamreh", at the place of Shechem.

This name, "Shechem" is the "Sagamu" of the Yoruba people. An online version of the letter gave Shechem as "Sakmu", (I hope I'm right about that). The founding fathers brought the names.

Mamreh is (the terrebinth) of Moreh. Put more aptly, the English "Mamreh" is Yoruba "Moreh". Words cannot remain the same through the thick and thin of time and space.

Dialect variations and native accent changes the way foreign words are to be pronounced through channels of linguistic exchange that exists in all languages of the world.

An Egyptian Variation

Even at the time, an adjutant of king Sesostris lll of Egypt by name Chu-Sebek chiselled out on war diary that "...Sekmem collapsed together with the whole miserable country of Retenu".

Indeed, proud Egyptians dominated the Levant. The Armana letters is a great deal in understanding the place of the Levant as vassal of the almighty Egypt at the time.

It also help us to understand why Yoruba do "yika" for kings and "yira" for God. It's all about osuba, formalities for kings. Pharaoh was king of kings of Palestine and Syria, called Retenu.

A Place For Yoruba Sagamu

The Yoruba still holds the vestiges of ancient ciphertex of Shechem. The Sagamu of today falls within Remo division. It's easy to see this (Remo) as back formation of Moreh.

By the way, what was Abraham up to with the lad call Isaac for God sake? That's Remo. Oral tradition claimed that this happened at a hill in Jerusalem. Hence the gaze unto Zion.

Uriah the Hittite married a native of Jerusalem, whom David coveted. By this token, Solomon is preferred to be the king of Jerusalem, as a child of Basheba the native.

His era heralds the ancestors' coming to Yorubaland, with the queen of Sheba as regent. However, greater than Solomon is here in the name of Jesus of Nasareth.

Whenever we invoke the spirit of our ancestors, we are meant to say...

K'awo rere maa j'esa ni Moreh.

Compliments of the season dear brother! grin
Re: The Place For Sagamu In The Armana Letters by absoluteSuccess: 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Compliments of the season dear brother! grin

Same here my brother. May the year ahead bring blessings beyond measure our ways.

1 Like

Re: The Place For Sagamu In The Armana Letters by MetaPhysical: 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
Amen! grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Igbo History: A Possibility That This Tribe Is From Israel / Why Is It Hard For Us To Help Each Others In Times Of Need? / Have Human Beings Become Dumberover The Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.