Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop (1791 Views)

Make Money With This POS Whether You Open Shop Or Not, Anytime, Anywhere: / Will 500K Be Enough To Start A Bet9ja Shop or do you have a better business / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop by jclassiq(m): 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
Good afternoon Guys.
Please I need help from the veterans in this place. So, come 2020 one of my goals is to start a side business. Already I have one in mind but just as a way of helping me actually zero in.. I wish to ask this house: Which is a better option between a "Betting Shop" and a "Barber's Shop"?

As a way background information, I am a civil servant here in Lagos state but the salary is barely able to meet my monthly needs despite that I'm a single guy with minimal responsibility. So one can only imagine the scenario when I eventually settle down and the responsibilities increase.lol. Hence, I need something that can supplement my income but which I wouldn't need to be physically present to be able to manage.

Please house, I need suggestions and a few success strategies from the experts here to help me move forward.
God bless you guys. Thanks.

Cc: lalasticlala, Dominique, mynd44. etc pls kindly help me and move this to front page pls.
Re: Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop by CArt(m): 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
Betting shop
Re: Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
Don't start up a side hustle you know nothing about or have no passion for.
Get a business plan and survey the area.
If the area is filled with youths, a betting company would be great. If it's filled with working class people, haircut salon should thrive there.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop by fykes(m): 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
The money u need to set that up will be more than enough to set up a small business centre.
With a ci copier, a laptop and 2 desktops u are good to go. Add a generator.
U can even work at it when u come back from work
Re: Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop by jclassiq(m): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2019
fykes:
The money u need to set that up will be more than enough to set up a small business centre.
With a ci copier, a laptop and 2 desktops u are good to go. Add a generator.
U can even work at it when u come back from work

I think a business centre will do better in an academic or office environment. Or you mean something like a cybercafe?
Re: Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop by kenralph(m): 7:54am On Dec 29, 2019
People are losing interest in betting and the trend will probably continue as more and more will come to the realization that it isn't a sustainable venture.

On the other hand, you need to have barbing skill if you want to open a salon. Else, you'll be at the mercy of your employee.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop by Olibboy: 8:00am On Dec 29, 2019
It depends on your environment. study your environment before u conclude.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop by jclassiq(m): 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
kenralph:
People are losing interest in betting and the trend will probably continue as more and more will come to the realization that it isn't a sustainable venture.

On the other hand, you need to have barbing skill if you want to open a salon. Else, you'll be at the mercy of your employee.

Thanks. But do I actually need to have barbing skill or just an understanding of how the business works? Because regardless, I won't be staying in that shop with them. Its going to be base on weekly return/remittance.
Re: Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop by Kennyprince: 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
Bet shop
Re: Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop by Kennyprince: 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
If u know how to Barb, don't go into it. Barbers ll frustrate u
Re: Which Is Better Business In 2020: A Betting Shop Or A Barbers Shop by jclassiq(m): 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
Kennyprince:
If u know how to Barb, don't go into it. Barbers ll frustrate u

Really?

(1) (Reply)

Forex Trading/signals / 1700 Naira Would Do You No Harm...refer And Share Sponsored Post / Easy Online Marketplace For Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.