Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,488 members, 7,865,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

The Anatomy Of Cctv(here's What Nobody Is Talking About) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Anatomy Of Cctv(here's What Nobody Is Talking About) (381 Views)

Latest Clay Pot 'Water Dispenser' That Got People Talking - Photos / What Are The Anatomy Of A Solution Architect? / Codify 2.0 Tech-meetup(anatomy Of Code) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Anatomy Of Cctv(here's What Nobody Is Talking About) by destindd(m): 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
I'm sorry that I shifted by plan that may be a new thing for me but we need this.

Just recently, a lot has changed and what changes the whole thing is development.

In a case whereby you feel this isn't my thing(knowing CCTV).

I won't get you to blame yet because by the time it becomes your thing that way you'll know why learning can be so powerful.

In this post, you'll learn the Anatomy of CCTV Part 1.

Although I won't make it so comprehensive that isn't needed for now.

Now, a lame man like you would probably reasoning as others.

Taking CCTV to be the same as Video surveillance.

I'm sure by now what most people are familiar with is the word "CCTV" that's why you need to get into the picture.

When talking about CCTV it's best to say "Closed Circuit Television".

It's fine but everything now has gone beyond that.

Now, it's all about "video surveillance".

For instance, when you say closed circuit television you mean monitoring a footage within a closed loop.

Here's the thing.

CCTV remoting absolutely has advance to video surveillance.

Now we monitor distance particles far outside a closed loop.

Think about it for a moment and tell me how did this happen?

If there's a thing that is good enough for description "distance learning" should be the thing.

You do that from your comfort zone just with a internet connection you're good to go.

Plus, "documentaries" the big sharks, lions, and other animals you see that got you stuck in.

Have you ever wondered how that happens?

Just with installation of a waterproof cameras that alone has done the trick.

You install the cameras then you monitor the activities elsewhere

It just that simple.

In fact, even the Boko Haram issue in Nigeria just with installation of explosive cameras are enough to monitor their activities.

These cameras can record a footage until it's completely damage.

Even with a fire outrage they still have the capability of recording activities until they're completely damage.

That just speak how all these cameras can be of help.

For example, in Dubai, they used speed cameras or LPR to monitor car's over speed range.

Well, all these cameras can be so expensive some can be in the range of 20 million even more but I can say it worth it.

Let's say you want to monitor the activities of your staffs and customers.

Then you can talk about indoor and outdoor cameras.

And most of them have infrared illuminators in it.

It helps in capturing footages at low intensity(darkness).

By the way if you're talking about CCTV cameras especially analog cameras although I won't divert to IP cameras in this guide.

Then you should talk about Dome, bullet, speed dome, and PTZ.

But one thing some of these cameras can be compatible for both analog and IP.

For analog, you used coaxial cable with male and female BNC.

But for IP, you make use of twisted pair(peer to peer network) that's when you make use of color codes.

Plus RJ 45.

Others are transmitter, radio waves, automation.

But as for access control that's another dimension.

Let's say you entered a shop outlet there's what I called invisible radiant energy install in every camera.

It detects a footage through temperature changes, capturing you through heat pattern.

Depending on the kind of motion detection that's been configure through the DVR or NVR settings.

If that the configuration is set on motion, it records when people are in motion.

But if it's schedule, it records within the time frame set.

But as for continuous detection, it records 24hrs.

But I recommend you using motion detection to maximize hard disk space.

As for the video cable I recommend you using HDMI over VGA.

HDMI video output is clearer and sharper.

Well, I'm going to stop here.

The part 2 will be reveal later.

I hope you enjoyed your moment.

But one thing I major in blogging, not CCTV.

But I learned both the hard way.

You can stumble on my blog

https://destinedboy..com

CC: lasticlala
CC: Mynd44

Re: The Anatomy Of Cctv(here's What Nobody Is Talking About) by kevinhat: 2:13pm On Dec 28, 2019
I love this post...please do more of it... Especially the IP cameras.

Front page things @Lasticlala and @Mynd44.

People needs this.
Re: The Anatomy Of Cctv(here's What Nobody Is Talking About) by Wizbab: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
Great post bro

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me, Am Troubled / Airtel Free Data Promo / Headphones Rewiew For 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.