Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award (42044 Views)

Osimhen, Oshoala, Ighalo, Boniface Nominated For Dubai Globe Soccer Awards / The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? / Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Man Of The Match Against West Ham Utd (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by CaptainMeks: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
The Juventus attacker wins honour for sixth time, England's Bronze picks up inaugural award for best woman, Liverpool continue remarkable year with three trophies

Cristiano Ronaldo was ­yesterday crowned men’s player of the year at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards, winning the honour for a sixth time.

The Juventus forward, 34, scooped Best Men’s Player of the Year at a glitzy ceremony at the Madinat Jumeirah, with England’s Lucy Bronze winning the inaugural award for best woman.

Meanwhile, Liverpool picked up a trio of victories, with Jurgen Klopp voted best coach, Alisson Becker best goalkeeper, and the ­European champions named best club.

Ronaldo retained the trophy he won earlier this year, on the back of a fine year with both Juventus and the Portugal national team.

Having moved from Real Madrid the previous summer, he scored 21 goals in Serie A to fire the Turin club to an eighth successive Scudetto.

He continued also his prolific strike rate for Portugal, scoring a hat-trick in the semi-final of the inaugural Uefa Nations League as his team went on to win the title.

Last month, his goal against Luxembourg lifted his international tally to 99 goals and in the process helped 2016 champions Portugal qualify for this summer’s Euros.

“I have to thank my family, my girlfriend, my boy there, Cristiano, my three kids who are waiting for me in the hotel, my friends, my teammates of Juventus and the national team, my agent, all the people here tonight who support this gala,” Ronaldo said.

“I have to say thank you to the Arabic community, which is always great with me. I have to thank Dubai as well – it’s a marvellous place to be, I’m coming every year and I love this place.

“And finally to thank [everyone] who voted for me. It’s a great honour to be here and receive this amazing award. I hope to be here next year to receive this award, of course. Thanks to everyone, and a happy New Year.”

In the woman’s category, Bronze took the trophy following a stellar season with Lyon in which she played an integral role in the club’s march to the French Championship, the French Cup, the Trophee des Championnes and the Uefa Women’s Champions League.

The defender, voted the Uefa Women’s player of the year, also starred as England finished fourth at this summer’s Fifa Women’s World Cup. Bronze landed the Silver Ball in France.

Of the night’s other winners – 17 awards in all were handed out – Klopp added to his Fifa Best award in September in recognition of Liverpool’s international, European and domestic dominance.

After defeating Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League final in June, the Merseyside club top the Premier League at the halfway stage. Last week, they clinched the Fifa Club World Cup title for the first time. Brazilian Alisson lifted the goalkeeper award for the second successive year.

Elsewhere, Ryan Giggs, the former Manchester United midfielder and current Wales manager, and Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic were each given the Player Career Award. Atletico Madrid and Portugal striker Joao Felix was named Best Revelation Player, which honours players aged 21 and under.

There were Arab winners on the night, too, with Al Hilal voted best Arab club for their recent Asian Champions League success and Abderrazak Hamdallah named best Arab player. The Morocco striker top-scored in last season’s Saudi Pro League as Al Nassr sealed the title.

Cristiano Ronaldo was ­yesterday crowned men’s player of the year at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards, winning the honour for a sixth time.

The Juventus forward, 34, scooped Best Men’s Player of the Year at a glitzy ceremony at the Madinat Jumeirah, with England’s Lucy Bronze winning the inaugural award for best woman.

Meanwhile, Liverpool picked up a trio of victories, with Jurgen Klopp voted best coach, Alisson Becker best goalkeeper, and the ­European champions named best club.

Ronaldo retained the trophy he won earlier this year, on the back of a fine year with both Juventus and the Portugal national team.

Having moved from Real Madrid the previous summer, he scored 21 goals in Serie A to fire the Turin club to an eighth successive Scudetto.

He continued also his prolific strike rate for Portugal, scoring a hat-trick in the semi-final of the inaugural Uefa Nations League as his team went on to win the title.

Last month, his goal against Luxembourg lifted his international tally to 99 goals and in the process helped 2016 champions Portugal qualify for this summer’s Euros.

“I have to thank my family, my girlfriend, my boy there, Cristiano, my three kids who are waiting for me in the hotel, my friends, my teammates of Juventus and the national team, my agent, all the people here tonight who support this gala,” Ronaldo said.

“I have to say thank you to the Arabic community, which is always great with me. I have to thank Dubai as well – it’s a marvellous place to be, I’m coming every year and I love this place.

“And finally to thank [everyone] who voted for me. It’s a great honour to be here and receive this amazing award. I hope to be here next year to receive this award, of course. Thanks to everyone, and a happy New Year.”

In the woman’s category, Bronze took the trophy following a stellar season with Lyon in which she played an integral role in the club’s march to the French Championship, the French Cup, the Trophee des Championnes and the Uefa Women’s Champions League.

The defender, voted the Uefa Women’s player of the year, also starred as England finished fourth at this summer’s Fifa Women’s World Cup. Bronze landed the Silver Ball in France.

Of the night’s other winners – 17 awards in all were handed out – Klopp added to his Fifa Best award in September in recognition of Liverpool’s international, European and domestic dominance.

After defeating Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League final in June, the Merseyside club top the Premier League at the halfway stage. Last week, they clinched the Fifa Club World Cup title for the first time. Brazilian Alisson lifted the goalkeeper award for the second successive year.

Elsewhere, Ryan Giggs, the former Manchester United midfielder and current Wales manager, and Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic were each given the Player Career Award. Atletico Madrid and Portugal striker Joao Felix was named Best Revelation Player, which honours players aged 21 and under.

There were Arab winners on the night, too, with Al Hilal voted best Arab club for their recent Asian Champions League success and Abderrazak Hamdallah named best Arab player. The Morocco striker top-scored in last season’s Saudi Pro League as Al Nassr sealed the title.

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/cristiano-ronaldo-crowned-men-s-player-of-the-year-at-the-dubai-globe-soccer-awards-1.957487

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by CaptainMeks: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
The Goat

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by chiefolododo(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ronaldo is the real GOAT

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by viyon02: 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
Cr7 will still go far after retirement in football, but I don't know about the other goat

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by rottennaija(m): 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
It's a proper consolation award for missing Ballon D'or and FiFA best player's award. At least, he has won something in Dubai

174 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by DonFreshmoney(m): 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
The dwarf messi fans would not like this at all...

ORORO the real goat.. CR7 all d way

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by lekjons(m): 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
Never heard of the award before.

Is it like an Arabic Ballon D'or or something?

239 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by Lordjb: 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mtchew undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by Criticaltemp: 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
The only GOAT I know.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by TechCapon(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
Goat. You conquered England.

As if that's not enough, you landed in Spain and you conquered Spain.

As if that's not enough, you challenged yourself further by moving over to Italy and you conquered Italy.

As if that's not enough, you conquered Europe with Portugal.

You're the real goat.

Meanwhile one player is hanging on with one club as if his life depends on it. Scared that if he leaves, he'll be exposed grin

86 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by blessedvisky(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ronaldo Amaka

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by nakaman: 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
more like a compensation

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by Bayokun(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
Honorary GOAT, we'll know the real GOAT

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by WaywardSon(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
What the Fucc is that award again?

Ronny wasnt even the 4th best player in the world this year. Not that he was poor but certainly not top 5 material
and he got outscored by a 36 year old in the same league, imagine that

Messi remains the best football player in the the planet.

Cr7(head,left and right legs)- 90% accuracy
Messi(only left leg)- 99%

G
O
A
T

TechCapon:
Goat. You conquered England.

As if that's not enough, you landed in Spain and you conquered Spain.

As if that's not enough, you challenged yourself further by moving over to Italy and you conquered Italy.

As if that's not enough, you conquered Europe with Portugal.

You're the real goat.

Meanwhile one player is hanging on with one club as if his life depends on it. Scared that if he leaves, he'll be exposed grin

Conquered as in going to the biggest clubs in England, Spain, and Italy?
Messi gets criticized for his loalty lmfao, yet you wont hear such about Gerrard, Iniesta, Xavi, Totti, other legends who spent their productive carreers in one club. some players are lucky enough to be raised in a system and club that fits their style of play.

When Guardiola left they said he will fall
When Xavi left they said he will fall
When Iniesta left they said he will fall
When Neymar left they said he will fall

Yet this man has Carried the EUROPEAN GOLDEN SHOE BACK 2 BACK as the top scorer in the CONTINENTS TOP 5 LEAGUES,
Scoring freekicks like its penalty
Scoring outside 18 goals like its PES2013
He does not need to go to other teams, they need to come to him in the UCL where he has more EPL goals than MR CHALLENGE that spent a while there.

Messi is the Only reason that Ronaldo scored 33 hatricks in LA LIGA and yet was only able to lift it TWICE in his entire NINE years there.

But some Wannkkers will say He cOnQUerEd SpaIn

158 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by itiswellwithme: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ororo!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by realstars: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
And this is the real goat..he is now happy for the development
C boy on level 6. Congratulations :

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
grin Supposed headline, "Christiano Ronaldo's fans gives him award ........

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by updatechange(m): 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
I agree with you on this one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by namiji2598: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
I went through the news above and behold there is no list of contenders

oga seun should organize his own award and give it to Messi since everybody is organizing award anyhow

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by Odunolumide(m): 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
so make we fry fish...

no mind me o....I be Ororo person o. up Ronaldo...

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by SEGLIZ: 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
I'm here again to see those that would develop blood pressure before 31st.
please avoid this so as to sail through to next year.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by MrPresident1: 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
chiefolododo:
Ronaldo is a he real GOAT

Real He-goat
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by EbukaHades10(m): 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
Another one

7 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by bluebay(m): 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
rottennaija:
It's a proper consolation award for missing Ballon D'or and FiFA best player's award. At least, he has won something in Dubai
After all, FIFA nor recognise this cup.

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by MostBlessedOne: 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
chai! Dem wan use award wound this my guy, this year alone, the nigga don win more than 100 awards..Best this.., Best that..Wetin..na only am waka come

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by dfrost: 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ororo7

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by bluebay(m): 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
We all understand... He deserved to be consoled before he truely change career to acting.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by KendrickAyomide: 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
rottennaija:
lmao grin grin grin consolation price.

10 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by jagaban002(m): 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
Compensation

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by Kapeter(m): 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
viyon02:
Cr7 will still go far after retirement in football, but I don't know about the other goat
that other G.O.A.T who happen to be the one and only is almost a board member of the club he is playing for. His future is more assured than the nonsensical penaldo.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
chiefolododo:
Ronaldo is a he real GOAT
grin yes he is a real he-goat

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Super Falcons Qualify For The Second Round In The Women’s World Cup / Cristiano Ronaldo: I Can't Allow People To Keep Playing Around With My Name / Dalung Sends Two U-23 Players And Three Officials Back To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.