Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,368 members, 7,850,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:53 PM

Liverpool Should Be Champions Already, But Who Be Arsenal Where Chelsea Dey Sef? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Should Be Champions Already, But Who Be Arsenal Where Chelsea Dey Sef? (290 Views)

Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool Should Get Points If Manchester United Game Postponed / Unai Emery Hints That Aubameyang Could Be Arsenal's Captain / Enrique Could Be Arsenal’s New Manager Next Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Should Be Champions Already, But Who Be Arsenal Where Chelsea Dey Sef? by Nigeria2day(m): 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
In all my years as a football fan, I’m not sure I’ve seen any team fight for the EPL title as hardly as Liverpool are. I’ve never seen a team need that title as badly.

It’s not just incredible that they have been unbeaten halfway into the season, winning all but one of their 20 games, it is how they have managed it.

The Liverpool we know is the Liverpool that shows all the promise at the start of the season before magically petering out like mist in the face of sunlight in the middle of it.

But this season, the Reds have shown no sign of slowing down, getting stronger and stronger with each game.

Last season, Liverpool though losing fewer games than eventual winners, Manchester City, were undone by draws. Last night’s game vs Wolves is the typical kind of match they would easily have drawn.

But they stood firm and defended all 3 points resolutely. Grinding out such results has been their MO all season and it is what champions are made of.

If any team deserves to be invincible, if any team deserves to smash and extend Arsenal’s 49 games unbeaten run, it must be this Liverpool side.

From a team that has it all figured out to a team that seems to be doing trial and error, nobody seems to know what exactly is wrong with Arsenal. But then, it is Arteta’s job to find out and fix it, and I hope he does soon enough.

There has been a lot of positives to take home in the two games Arteta has been in charge. From the first game away at Bournemouth, I saw that Arsenal, for the first time in the last 20 months, have a clear strategy for attack.

Yes, Aubameyang may have scored Arsenal’s only two goals under Arteta, but other players, most notably Lacazette, could easily have done better.

From the second game, I also saw that Arsenal players have the capacity to play their hearts out. For the first time, I saw the team comfortable in defence and doing a hell of a job protecting the keeper, who, as we would later see, clearly doesn’t appreciate the protection.

The biggest problem Arteta has is game management. Which is why I won’t fault him for last night’s loss. A manager could only manage a game to the extent to which he has quality players.

In central midfield, City has the quality of Fernandinho, Rodrigo, Silva, another Silva, Gundogan, De Bruyne, then we could talk of Fodden. Liverpool has Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Chamberlain, Kaita, then we could talk of Lallana.

Who do Arsenal have? Xhaka, Torreira and Ozil are the only real quality. And even those are questionable. So, you could imagine taking off Ozil to bring on Willock or Guendouzi whom, if we want to be truthful, couldn’t lace City’s lowest-ranked midfielder Fodden’s boots.

But take nothing away from Chelsea. It was a hard-fought victory and as their fans would say, Arsenal na Chelsea wife. The head to head records would disagree though.

Source: http://nigeriatodaynews.com/news/liverpool-should-be-champions-already

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Out MARATHONBET Users Only / Arsenal Fans Corner (forever A Gunner) / Aruna Quadri Has Started Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.