Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Dear Married Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Married Men (2324 Views)

Dear Married Men, How Do You Cope With Sex Starvation / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging / Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Married Men by lavylilly: 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
Dear men,

It is NOT the duty of your wife to take care of your aged and sick parents. It is the duty of you and your siblings. If your wife decides to help you, she is being nice. But it's YOU and YOUR siblings' primary responsibility, NOT your wife's.

I've got my parents. It is NOT the duty of my husband and brothers inlaw to look after my parents. It is the duty of me and my siblings to look after our parents. If my brothers inlaw, sister inlaw and husband decide to help us, they are just HELPING and we will be grateful.

I'm sick and tired of reading men who think it is their wives' duties you nurse their old and sick parents.
I've never seen any woman who thinks it's her husband's duty to nurse her sick and old parents.

If tomorrow I nurse my mother or father inlaw, it would be because I want to be nice. It is DEFINITELY NOT my primary duty to do that.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Married Men by donbachi(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
Afterall na marriage bind u and dem,whilst dem na blood.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Married Men by Pavore9: 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
True, though women are more of caregivers but being a helping hand should be appreciated in words and actions, a wife helping out should not be taken for granted.

10 Likes

Re: Dear Married Men by Amanee(f): 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
Loud it grin

5 Likes

Re: Dear Married Men by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
As humans we are supposed to be kind. You are meant to be a helper. So it means you would sit and watch your husband take care of his old parents and at the same time fend for you and the kids?
The love you have for him and his family should be enough to make you want to do it.. .....

Dear men. Before you marry or even propose find out your spouse's social media handles and do some research. These ones above no be wife material.
Very anyhow people

8 Likes

Re: Dear Married Men by faithfull18(f): 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
Shibaraba:
As humans we are supposed to be kind. You are meant to be a helper. So it means you would sit and watch your husband take care of his old parents and at the same time fend for you and the kids?
The love you have for him and his family should be enough to make you want to do it.. .....

Dear men. Before you marry or even propose find out your spouse's social media handles and do some research. These ones above no be wife material.
Very anyhow people
Story, the women just sits down in their homes and do nothing right They don't work to earn too, they don't have kids they look after.

From your write-up, the woman does nothing.

12 Likes

Re: Dear Married Men by chigoziri2403(m): 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
Thats why it is advisable for a woman to be employed, and nor be a house wife
Re: Dear Married Men by ImaIma1(f): 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
Whether they are my parents or not, sick elderly people need care from people around them, especially those who they consider family. And I would do all I can to help them.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Married Men by lavylilly: 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
wink
Amanee:
Loud it grin

Re: Dear Married Men by lavylilly: 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
chigoziri2403:
Thats why it is advisable for a woman to be employed, and nor be a house wife
Re: Dear Married Men by Crystasluvee(m): 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
lavylilly:
Dear men,

It is NOT the duty of your wife to take care of your aged and sick parents. It is the duty of you and your siblings. If your wife decides to help you, she is being nice. But it's YOU and YOUR siblings' primary responsibility, NOT your wife's.

I've got my parents. It is NOT the duty of my husband and brothers inlaw to look after my parents. It is the duty of me and my siblings to look after our parents. If my brothers inlaw, sister inlaw and husband decide to help us, they are just HELPING and we will be grateful.

I'm sick and tired of reading men who think it is their wives' duties you nurse their old and sick parents.
I've never seen any woman who thinks it's her husband's duty to nurse her sick and old parents.

If tomorrow I nurse my mother or father inlaw, it would be because I want to be nice. It is DEFINITELY NOT my primary duty to do that.

I totally disagree with this skol of thought. The moment you say I do to a man. Instinctively your family ties doubles. Ur spouse family becomes your. Which implies your dad is now 2 and mum also doubling.

I do not believe your tend to their needs out of mere courtesy but outright responsibility. Do your husbandz /wifez kins the way you want then the reverse to do to yours.

Two they say small become one. When true love beckons you won't mind all this things you hold so dear as duties but selfless act of love to those your call parent irrespective spouse they belong.

If I do marry you, I will do unto your folks what I do to mine without second thought cuz WE ARE FAMILY

1 Like

Re: Dear Married Men by APOPTOSIS: 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
lavylilly:
Dear men,

As a LADY,
If you are not ready to listen to a man and take heed, please DON'T MARRY MEN.
If u are not ready to be told anything by a man, DON'T MARRY MEN.
If u are not ready to take the RUBBISH men carry with them, DON'T MARRY MEN.
If seeing a man gets you angry, please DON'T MARRY MEN.

OPTIONS FOR THE FEMINISTS:
In fact, MARRY yourself or other LADIES around. In fact, GOATS and DOGS are also available for wedlock, after all, some countries have certified LESBIANISM and others, since such will enable you DEVELOP your LIFE the way you want.

Secondly, you can also settle for ASSISTED CONCEPTION (IVF) and impregnate yourself with the semen of a man u are not obliged to.

Lastly, you can get yourself a CARTON OF LOVE MACHINES to satisfy yourself so as to avoid men entirely.

No MAN ever disturbs any LADY who has sworn never never to settle down.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Married Men by freecocoahubby(m): 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
Yet another useless, senseless and idiotic post created for the sole purpose of bashing men lipsrsealed

"Men this, men that" una no dey tire? Go fvck and marry yourselves then since men are the cause of your miserable existence. Idi0ts!

Come o, @lavylilly.. aren't you the same LillyVal who got exposed in romance section for being a teenage pr0stitute runs girl? How come you've now turned counsellor of married men in the family section? cheesy

Wonders shall never end on this site.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Married Men by Crystasluvee(m): 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
Gbas gbos
Re: Dear Married Men by Beautifier(f): 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
Pls remove my number from your profile, you this imposter
Re: Dear Married Men by FanOfMyself: 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
It is also not the responsibility of the man to take care of his wife's sick parents, or siblings. Infact, he is only being nice if his sick mother in-law requires him to foot the bills because her own children are not capable. The same thing is applicable to every member of the woman's family before she got married to the man. They shouldn't get any help from the man since the man has spent money to marry their daughter, after all, he's married only to the woman and not her family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Married Men by FanOfMyself: 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
Some post made by women here reeks of plain stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Dear Married Men by Cutehector(m): 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
You see why it is good to have deep conversations with ladies? So that you know whether you were gona marry an upcoming witch

5 Likes

Re: Dear Married Men by APOPTOSIS: 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
Cutehector:
You see why it is good to have deep conversations with ladies? So that you know whether you were gona marry an upcoming witch
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Dear Married Men by Jamesbally: 1:45am On Dec 31, 2019
ImaIma1:
Whether they are my parents or not, sick elderly people need care from people around especially those who they consider family. And I would do all I can to help them.

Beautiful post.
Re: Dear Married Men by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:28am On Dec 31, 2019
Crystasluvee:

I totally disagree with this skol of thought. The moment you say I do to a man. Instinctively your family ties doubles. Ur spouse family becomes your. Which implies your dad is now 2 and mum also doubling.

I do not believe your tend to their needs out of mere courtesy but outright responsibility. Do your husbandz /wifez kins the way you want then the reverse to do to yours.

Two they say small become one. When true love beckons you won't mind all this things you hold so dear as duties but selfless act of love to those your call parent irrespective spouse they belong.

If I do marry you, I will do unto your folks what I do to mine without second thought cuz WE ARE FAMILY

your missing the other point

even if the two families are now taken as one, the husband/wife has to lead you in how to take care of his parents, because s/he has to discuss first with his/her brothers/sister and then these brother/sister have to take the agreed way forward to their own respective husband/wives

And thats when you tell your wife/husband what have been agreed in looking after your own parents thats when two of decide on which contribution or role to play .

this thing of two families became one is con, very few in -laws visit each other, i dont mean daughter/son in law but the parents of couple visiting each other

1 Like

Re: Dear Married Men by fcdgrand(m): 3:39am On Dec 31, 2019
now days women don't want to see their father-in-law and mother-in-law alive, only me my family and my hushand, one ex ask me is your mother alive, i said yes, do you want to kill her
Re: Dear Married Men by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:59am On Dec 31, 2019
freecocoahubby:
Yet another useless, senseless and idiotic post created for the sole purpose of bashing men lipsrsealed

"Men this, men that" una no dey tire? Go fvck and marry yourselves then since men are the cause of your miserable existence. Idi0ts!

Come o, @lavylilly.. aren't you the same LillyVal who got exposed in romance section for being a teenage pr0stitute runs girl? How come you've now turned counsellor of married men in the family section? cheesy

Wonders shall never end on this site.

you are missing the big picture

its not about men bashing but (to me )

depriving your own wife quality time with you what do i mean general, there is no freedom to relax in her own way, daughter in law are expected to be lovely reserved person etc and also looking after someone you never grow up with or seeing is hard unless proffesionally trained thats creates a bit of a war between your wife and mum especially if she a bit old, old people tend to be grampy

Each family should find a way to look after its own without depriving the young couple their own time to love and time with each other

sure where is love if i marry you and send to village to look after my parents,

4 Likes

Re: Dear Married Men by APOPTOSIS: 5:53am On Dec 31, 2019
fcdgrand:
now days women don't want to see their father-in-law and mother-in-law alive, only me my family and my hushand, one ex ask me is your mother alive, i said yes, do you want to kill her
Hahahahahaha grin grin grin grin
I'm Happy u called her "EX"

That was how I left a ?nice lady whom I dated for few years with the SOLE AIM of marrying.
She made a devastating statement the very first day she visited my family house after much persuasions from her 2visit my house.

This insolence is common among LADIES who do nothing but sit at home changing channels listening to women empowerment programs.
Now she calls me regularly Saying I have an unforgiving heart.
This is MARRIAGE and my family has rules.
We don't condone RUBBISH at all especially when marriage is involved.

Parents should endeavor to train their kids very well. Don't expect someone who has done so after many years to accept a PANDORA'S BOX all in the name of Marriage.

PSQUARE got scattered today, right from the very first day they started marrying ladies into their family.

I really don't know who is EDUCATING these Young Girls.
Do They think MEN in AFRICA are stupid...?
The WORST is that U find a JOBLESS WIFE dishing out threats to his husband and family.

These are LADIES that are being married into a new Family where they ought to conduct themselves and fit in relevantly.

1 Like

Re: Dear Married Men by NwaMbeke: 6:02am On Dec 31, 2019
[s]
Jamesbally:

Beautiful post.

[/s]
Re: Dear Married Men by Pavore9: 6:02am On Dec 31, 2019
APOPTOSIS:

That was how I left a ?nice lady whom I dated for few years with the SOLE AIM of marrying.
She made a devastating statement the very first day she visited my family house after much persuasions from her. And it is common among LADIES who do nothing but sit at home.

Parents should endeavor to train their kids very well. Don't expect someone who has done so after many years to accept a PANDORA'S BOX all in the name of Marriage.

PSQUARE are scattered today, right from the very first day they started marrying ladies into their family.

The WORST is that U find a JOBLESS WIFE dishing out threats to his husband and family.

These are LADIES that are being married into a new Family where they ought to conduct themselves and fit in relevantly.

A man who marries a jobless woman is equally not okay. How do one feel comfortable with a woman who has nothing doing, economically as he is?

1 Like

Re: Dear Married Men by faithfull18(f): 7:27am On Dec 31, 2019
APOPTOSIS:

I'm Happy u called her "EX"

She made a devastating statement the very first day she visited my family house after much persuasions from her 2visit my house.

This insolence is common among LADIES who do nothing but sit at home changing channels listening to women empowerment programs.

PSQUARE got scattered today, right from the very first day they started marrying ladies into their family.

Your mentality is nauseating, you sound like you are doing a lady a favour because you married her.

I feel for your future wife.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Married Men by APOPTOSIS: 7:58am On Dec 31, 2019
faithfull18:

Your mentality is nauseating, you sound like you are doing a lady a favour because you married her.
I feel for your future wife.
I won't INSULT or berate U.
From Ur comment I already know your AGE.
I'm already MARRIED.
....and I am speaking from Experience.
And for Your Information, my WIFE is the most reasonable LADY on Earth.

Despite her Busy schedules, she still has time for my parents.

In Fact, She's Overtly ladened with Ideas and Occupied. Her conversations yield LIFE.
...and not these "twerking send me recharge card Ladies".....
PARENTS should be cared for.
Because if not for them, that ur HUSBAND or WIFE of yours wouldn't have been developed to that marriageable level.
After all, how many YEARS do they have left.
I care for my In-LAWS a lot.
But my WIFE has this MAGIC TOUCH on my FAMILY...
She has won the HEART of Every member of my FAMILY.
In fact, in any argument between myself and her, she defeats me with their support.
One day, I jokingly told her I would lock her out, could you Believe my DAD threatened to call SARS for me grin grin, telling me that he is also married to my WIFE.... cheesy grin

That should be the DREAM of every LADY hoping to get married into a New Family.
....and not to see marriage as a WARFARE, where missiles are released abruptly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Married Men by faithfull18(f): 8:51am On Dec 31, 2019
APOPTOSIS:

I'm already MARRIED.

In Fact, She's Overtly ladened with Ideas and Occupied. Her conversations yield LIFE.
Because if not for them, that ur HUSBAND or WIFE of yours wouldn't have been developed to that marriageable level.
In fact, in any argument between myself and her, she defeats me with their support.
One day, I jokingly told her I would lock her out, could you Believe my DAD threatened to call SARS for me grin grin, telling me that he is also married to my WIFE.... cheesy grin

No, you don't. Well, I won't indulge in unnecessary arguments. It's obvious you don't understand the point the poster is trying to make and besides this is social media, every one has got the perfect life.

1 Like

Re: Dear Married Men by ImaIma1(f): 9:37am On Dec 31, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

your missing the other point

even if the two families are now taken as one, the husband/wife has to lead you in how to take care of his parents, because s/he has to discuss first with his/her brothers/sister and then these brother/sister have to take the agreed way forward to their own respective husband/wives

And thats when you tell your wife/husband what have been agreed in looking after your own parents thats when two of decide on which contribution or role to play .

this thing of two families became one is con, very few in -laws visit each other, i dont mean daughter/son in law but the parents of couple visiting each other

The hubby doesn't have to lead you on how to care for his sick parents. Imagine my mum inlaw is in the hospital...do I have to wait for my husband to say "go and see her". What if he is not available to be reached to give the instruction?

If my mother is in the hospital, out of love and worry, I will run there to see her...to be there for her. And that is how it should be for my mum inlaw too.

1 Like

Re: Dear Married Men by ImaIma1(f): 9:57am On Dec 31, 2019
APOPTOSIS:

I'm already MARRIED.

The problem is ladies entering marriage with the mindset of division instead of unity. They should see how they can be a source of joy to their husband and his family in extension.

The people I look up to in these areas do these things effortlessly because it comes from the kind of person they are and what they have inside of them.

One of my sis inlaws would always organize stuffs that bring her husband and his brothers together when she notices any kind of tension. If you see her, she's very flashy and sophisticated, not someone you expect to care but she's very well brought up. She cannot see division around her. She will push her husband until he moves for resolution.

Marriage is not boyfriend/girlfriend that you can avoid inlaws. Knowing how to manage them should be a prayer point...lol especially for the difficult ones. Who a wife truly is will always be obvious when she gets married.

1 Like

Re: Dear Married Men by APOPTOSIS: 10:00am On Dec 31, 2019
faithfull18:

No, you don't. Well, I won't indulge in unnecessary arguments. It's obvious you don't understand the point the poster is trying to make and besides this is social media, every one has got the perfect life.
We didn't ARGUE.
I made my Points and kept them crystal clear but you INSULTED ME.
I wasn't specific when addressing the issues neither did I cone down to involving you.

I just feel u felt affected or involved by my STATEMENT.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor / The Injustice Of Men: Some Northern Men / Trans Woman Takes A Picture EVERYDAY For 8 Mnths To Show Dramatic Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.