Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Sunday/Weekday Bulletin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday/Weekday Bulletin (1053 Views)

Monthly Prayer Bulletin (january, 2009) / Monthly Prayer Bulletin (january, 2009) / Monthly Prayer Bulletin (january, 2009) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday/Weekday Bulletin by grailife(m): 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2010
Wednesday ( 1st December, 2010 )
Advent.

Entrance Anthiphon
The Lord is coming and will not delay; he will bring every hidden thing to light and reveal himself to every nation.

Opening Prayer
Lord our God, grant that we may be ready to receive Christ when he comes in glory and to share in the banquet of heaven, where he lives and reings . . .

Firs Reading
A reading from the prophet Isaiah ( 25 : 6 - 10 ).

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 22 ( 23 ) R/ v.6

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia! The Lord is our judge, the Lord our lawgiver, the Lord our king and our saviour. Alleluia! ( Isaih 33 : 22 )

Gospel
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Matthew ( 15 : 29 - 37 ).

Prayer over the Gifts
Lord, may the gift we offer in faith and love be a continual sacrifice in your honour and truly become our eucharist and our salvation.

Communion Antiphon
The Lord our God comes in strength and will fill his servants with joy.

Prayer After Communion
God of mercy, may this eucharist bring us your divine help, free us from our sins, and prepare us for the birthday of our Saviour, who is Lord for ever and ever.
Re: Sunday/Weekday Bulletin by grailife(m): 12:31am On Dec 03, 2010
Thursday ( 2nd December, 2010 ).
Advent
Entrance Anthiphon
Lord, you are near, and all your commandments are just; long have I Known that you decreed them for ever.
Opening Prayer
Father, we need your help. Free us from sin and bring us to life. Support us by your power. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ your Son. Amen.
First Reading
From the book of the prophet Isaiah ( 26 : 1 - 6 ).
Responsorial Psalm ( Ps 117 ( 118 ) : 1, 8 -9, 19 - 21, 25 - 27 )
Response: Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Alleiuia
Raise your voice and tell the Good News : the Lord our God comes in strength. ( Isaiah 40 : 9, 10 ).
Gospel
From the gospel according to Matthew ( 7 : 21, 24 - 27 ).
Prayer over the Gifts
Father, from all you give us we present this bread and wine. As we serve you now, accept our offering and sustain us with your promise of etenal life.
Communion Anthiphon
Let our lives be honest and holy in this present age, as we wait for the happiness to come when our great God reveals himself in glory. ( Titus 2 : 12 - 13 )
Prayer after Communion
Father, may our communion teach us to love heaven. May its promise and hope guide our way on earth.
Re: Sunday/Weekday Bulletin by grailife(m): 7:04am On Dec 05, 2010
Friday ( 3rd December, 2010 )
Saint. Francis Xavier.

Entrance Anthiphon
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the man who brings tidings of peace, joy and salvation.

Opening Prayer
God our Father, by the preaching of Francis Xavier you brought many nations to yourself. Give his zeal for the faith to all who believe in you, that your Church may rejoice in continued growth throughout the world.

First Reading
From the book of the prophet Isaiah
( 29 : 17 - 24).

Responsorial Psalm
( Ps 26 ( 27 ) : 1, 4, 13 - 14 )
Response : The Lord is my light and my salvation.

Alleuia
Alleluia, alleluia! Let the clouds rain down the just One, and the earth bring forth a Saviour. ( Isaiah 45 : 8 ).

Gospel
From the holy gospel according to Matthew ( 9 : 27 - 31 ).

Prayer over the Gifts
Lord, receive the gifts we bring on the feast of Francis Xavier. As his zeal for the salvation of mankind led him to the ends of the earth, may we be effective witnesses to the gospel and come with our brothers and sisters to be with you in joy of our kingdom.

Communion Anthiphon
Go out to all world, and tell the good news : I am with you always, says the Lord.

Prayer after Communion
Lord God, may this eucharist fill us with the same love that inspired Francis Xavier to work for the salvation of all. Help us to live in a manner more worthy of our Christian calling and so inherit the promise of eternal life.
Re: Sunday/Weekday Bulletin by grailife(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2010
Saturday ( 4th december, 2010 )
Advent.

Entrance Anthiphon
Come, Lord, from your cherubim throne; let us see your face, and we shall be saved.

Opening Prayer
God our Father, you loved the world so much you gave your only Son to free us from the ancient power of sin and death. Help us who wait for his coming, and lead us to true liberty.

First Reading
From the book of the prophet Isaiah ( 30 : 19 - 21, 23 - 26 ).

Responsorial Psalm
Response : Happy are all who long for the coming of the Lord.

Alleuia
Seek the Lord while he can be found. Call on him while he is near. ( Isaih 55 : 6 )

Gospel
From the holy gospel according to Matthew ( 9 : 35 - 10 : 1, 6 - 8 )

Prayer over the Gifts
Lord, may the gift we offer in faith and love be a continual Sacrifice in your honour and truly become our eucharist and our salvation.

Communion Antiphon
I am coming quickly, says the Lord, and will repay each man according to his deeds. ( Rev. 22 : 12 ).

Prayer after Communion
God of mercy, may this eucharist bring us your divine help, free us from our sins, and prepare us for the birthday of our Saviour, who is Lord for ever and ever.
Re: Sunday/Weekday Bulletin by grailife(m): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2010
Sunday ( 5th december 2010 )
Advent.

Entrance Anthiphon
People of Zion, the Lord will come to save all nations and your hearts will exult to hear his majestic voice.

Opening Prayer
God of power and mercy, open our hearts in welcome. Remove the things that hinder us from receiving Christ with joy, so that we may share his wisdom and become one with him when he comes in glory, for he live and reigns . . .

First Reading
A reading from the prophet Isaiah ( 11 : 1 - 10 ).
Theme : He judges the wretched with intergrity.

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 71 : 1 - 2, 7 - 8,12 - 13, 17/ v. 7
Response : In his days justice shall flourish and peace till the moon fails.

Second Reading
A reading from the letter of Saint.Paul to the Romans ( 15 : 4 - 9 ).
Theme : Christ is the saviour of all men.

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia! Prepare a way for the Lord, make his paths straight. And all mankind shall see the salvation of God.
Alleluia ( Lk 3 : 4,6 )

Gospel
A reading from the holy gospel according to Matthew ( 3 : 1 - 12 ).
Theme : Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is close at hand.

Prayer over the Gifts
Lord, we are nothing without you. As you sustain us with your mercy, recive our prayers and offerings.

Communion Antiphon
Rise up, Jerusalem, stand on the heights, and see the joy that is coming to you from God.

Prayer after Communion
Father, you give us food from heaven. By our sharing in this mystery, teach us to judge wisely the things of earth and to love the things of heaven.
Re: Sunday/Weekday Bulletin by grailife(m): 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2010
Monday ( 6th december, 2010 ).
Entrance Antiphon
Nations, hear the message of the Lord, and make it known to ends of the earth. Our saviour is coming. Have no more fear.

Opening Prayer
Lord, free us from our sins and make us whole. Hear our sins and make us whole. Hear our prayer, and prepare us to celebrate the incarnation of your Son, who live and reigns . . .

First Reading
A reading from the prophet Isaiah ( 35 : 1 - 10 ).

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 84 : 9 - 14 R/ Is 35 : 4
Response : Look, our God is coming to save us.

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia! alleluia! Prepare a way for the Lord, make his paths straight. And all mankind shall see the salvation of God. Alleluia! ( Lk 3 : 4, 6 )

Gospel
A reading from the holy Gospel according to luke ( 5 : 17 - 26 ).

Prayer over the Gifts
Father, from all you give us we present this bread and wine. As we serve you now, accept our offering and sustain us with your promise of eternal life.

Communion Anthiphon
Come to us, Lord, and bring us peace. We will rejoice in your presence and serve you with all our heart.

Prayer after communion
Father, may our communion teach us to love heaven. May its promise and hope guide our way on earth.
Re: Sunday/Weekday Bulletin by grailife(m): 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2010
Tuesday ( 7/12/2010 )
Saint. Ambrose, B.d. ( Memorial )
Entrance Antiphon
I will look after my sheep, says the Lord, I will raise up one shepherd who will pasture them. I, the Lord, will be their God.

Opening Prayer
Lord, you made Saint Ambrose an outstandig teacher of the Catholic faith and gave him the courage of an apostle. Raise up in your Church more leaders after your own heart, to guide us with courage and wisdom.

First Reading
A reaing from the prophet Isaiah ( 40 : 1 - 11 ).

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 95: 1 - 3, 10 - 13 R/ cf. Is 40: 9 - 10.
Response: Here is our God coming with power.

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia! Come Lord! Do not delay. Forgive the sins of your people. Alleluia!

Gospel
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Mattew ( 18 : 12 - 14 ).

Prayer over the Gifts
Lord, as we celebrate these holy rites, send your Spirit to give us the light of faith which guided Saint Ambrose to make your glory known.

Communion Antiphon
You have not chosen me; I have chosen you. Go and bear fruit that will last.

Prayer after communion
Father, you have renewed us bythe power of this sacrament. Through the teaching of Saint Ambrose, may we follow your way with courage and prepare ourselves for the feast of eternal.
Re: Sunday/Weekday Bulletin by grailife(m): 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2010
Wednesday 08/12/2010
THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION of the Blessed Virgin Mary. ( Solemnity )
Entrance Anthiphon
I exult for joy in the Lord, my soul rejoices in my God, for he has clothed me in the garment of salvation and robed me in the cloak of justice, like a bride adorned with her jewels.

Opening Prayer
Father, you prepared the Virgin Mary to be the worthy mother of your Son. You let her share beforehand in the salvation Christ bring by his death, and kept her sinless from the first moment of her conception. Help us by her prayers to live in your presence without sin.

First Reading
A reading from the book of Genesis ( 3 : 9 - 15, 20 ).

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 97: 1 - 4 R/v.1
Response: Sing a new song to the Lord for has worked wonders.

Second Reading
A reading from the letter of Saint Paul to the Ephesians ( 1 : 3 - 6, 11 - 12 ).

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia! Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou among women. Alleluia! ( cf. Lk 1:28 )

Gospel
A reading from the holy Gospel according to luke ( 1 : 26 - 38 ).

Prayer over the Gifts
Lord, accept this sacrifice on the feast of the sinless Virgin Mary. You kept her free from sin from first moment of her life, Help us by her prayers, and free us from our sins.

All honour to you, Mary! from you arose the sun of justice, Christ our Lord.

Prayer after Communion
Lord our God, in your love, you chose the Virgin Mary and kept her free from sin. May this sacrament of your love free us from our sins.

(1) (Reply)

Karl Max Views On Religion. / topic closed / Scientists Confirm The Signs Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.