Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,622 members, 7,865,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:11 PM

My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue (906 Views)

Shock!ng Photos Of Akon And His Father / Jollof Rice: Akon And Obafemi Hamzat, Deputy Governor Of Lagos Debate / Akon And One Of His Wives Step Out Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by Kkings11: 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2019
Read. This analogy to understand MI's standpoint.

There were 2 friends who worked hard to succeed In politics and they both did. The senior one's career is winding down but he is still relevant in his expertise, while the younger one is at the peak of his career and making waves.
Then an ex- governor who was a classmate to their father came in to associate himself with the younger brother to further his political agenda and started calling him his son in public.
The elder brother knowing that some people in the public will think that the governor had a hand in his brother's success tries to put it out there that the governor had no input whatsoever in his friend's success.
Facts
1) Akon is a great musician
2) Akons musical career was dwindling.
3)MI did not compare fame or wealth.
4) Akon is only associating himself with WizKid to recapture the audience.
5) MI's choice of words might not be right but his message was.
6) Akon represents the past, WizKid is the present.
7) RIGHT NOW, PRESENTLY, MUSICALLY WIZKID IS BIGGER THAN AKON.

NOTE: Entertainment is mostly for the youths, and youths like to associate with things and people that are like them
Re: My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by Vibesvbs(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2019
Kkings11:
Read. This analogy to understand MI's standpoint.

There were 2 friends who worked hard to succeed In politics and they both did. The senior one's career is winding down but he is still relevant in his expertise, while the younger one is at the peak of his career and making waves.
Then an ex- governor who was a classmate to their father came in to associate himself with the younger brother to further his political agenda and started calling him his son in public.
The elder brother knowing that some people in the public will think that the governor had a hand in his brother's success tries to put it out there that the governor had no input whatsoever in his friend's success.
Facts
1) Akon is a great musician
2) Akons musical career was dwindling.
3)MI did not compare fame or wealth.
4) Akon is only associating himself with WizKid to recapture the audience.
5) MI's choice of words might not be right but his message was.
6) Akon represents the past, WizKid is the present.
7) RIGHT NOW, PRESENTLY, MUSICALLY WIZKID IS BIGGER THAN AKON.

NOTE: Entertainment is mostly for the youths, and youths like to associate with things and people that are like them
Wizkid is bigger than Akon grin..
Akon���
Re: My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by SURElee(f): 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nonsense analogy. So wizzy is bigger than Akon? You forget that Akon is in a country where artist regarded as one hit wonders make money from royalties abroad for life. How many foreign artist release albums yearly? When last did Celine dion release an album, so you will her career is dying? Do you know how much she makes makes as royalties?

How much royalty is MI or Wizkid going to make as royalty from their music careers in a country like Naija without proper structure to fight piracy?

The truth about MI is that he is fighting for respect and supremacy while other artiste are moving on with their careers and making money in their music business. If it isn't supremacy between vector on best rapper, it is something else. Who is ruggedman, mode 9 battling supremacy with? Abi Phyno, Flavour and olamide busy making their money via shows this festive season naim Wan dey reason who Akon call Lil bro? EVEN THE WIZZY NEVER CRY SAY AKON CALL AM LIL BRO. MI go dey swallow panadol for people headache.

MI should get busy abeg. When you are busy, you don't have time finding fault unnecessarily.
Re: My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by Kkings11: 7:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
SURElee:
Nonsense analogy. So wizzy is bigger than Akon? You forget that Akon is in a country where artist regarded as one hit wonders make money from royalties abroad for life. How many foreign artist release albums yearly? When last did Celine dion release an album, so you will her career is dying? Do you know how much she makes makes as royalties?

How much royalty is MI or Wizkid going to make as royalty from their music careers in a country like Naija without proper structure to fight piracy?

The truth about MI is that he is fighting for respect and supremacy while other artiste are moving on with their careers and making money in their music business. If it isn't supremacy between vector on best rapper, it is something else. Who is ruggedman, mode 9 battling supremacy with? Abi Phyno, Flavour and olamide busy making their money via shows this festive season naim Wan dey reason who Akon call Lil bro? EVEN THE WIZZY NEVER CRY SAY AKON CALL AM LIL BRO. MI go dey swallow panadol for people headache.

MI should get busy abeg. When you are busy, you don't have time finding fault unnecessarily.
I'm not comparing wealth here oh.
See eh, entertainment business is brutal no matter where you are. The moment you become absent from the public you're irrelevant. Those royalties you say they're getting all have terms attached to it.

That is why most of them try to stay in touch with current trends like AKON is doing.
Try it. Go to the street and ask youths(teenagers) how many Akon songs they have on their phone even those over there in America don't have his songs.

Entertainment is all about who is making wave at the moment.
Re: My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by Kkings11: 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2019
Vibesvbs:

Wizkid is bigger than Akon grin..
Akon���

How many Akon song you get for your phone.
Re: My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by Vibesvbs(m): 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
Kkings11:

How many Akon song you get for your phone.
Wizkid is bigger than Akon,,,even if Akon drop any song nw,the song go top R&B charts.
Akon song's: none.
Wizkids: BSG And LOW
Re: My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by Unik3030: 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2019
Vibesvbs:

Wizkid is bigger than Akon,,,even if Akon drop any song nw,the song go top R&B charts.
Akon song's: none.
Wizkids: BSG And LOW
dont reply that guy again Abeg, it's obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about
Re: My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by Vibesvbs(m): 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2019
Unik3030:
dont reply that guy again Abeg, it's obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about
Ok grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by Jodha(f): 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
M.i was just trying to help...y'all should leave him alone . ..
Re: My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by Ryocaj(m): 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2019
Guy u stupid gaan.. so if someone isn't doing active music d career is dwindling.. musicians retire.. musician cool off.. so as Nicki Minaj has decided 2 take a chill pill now her career is dwindling.. Akon will forever b his Big bro.. even Wizkid called Akon big bro.. Wat is ur problem.. We all know MI is a rat so m not surprised..
Re: My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by Kkings11: 1:11am On Jan 01, 2020
Ryocaj:
Guy u stupid gaan.. so if someone isn't doing active music d career is dwindling.. musicians retire.. musician cool off.. so as Nicki Minaj has decided 2 take a chill pill now her career is dwindling.. Akon will forever b his Big bro.. even Wizkid called Akon big bro.. Wat is ur problem.. We all know MI is a rat so m not surprised..
Yeah happy new year to you.

As for Akon................
Re: My Thoughts On The MI, Akon And Wizkid Issue by SURElee(f): 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
Kkings11:

I'm not comparing wealth here oh.
See eh, entertainment business is brutal no matter where you are. The moment you become absent from the public you're irrelevant. Those royalties you say they're getting all have terms attached to it.

That is why most of them try to stay in touch with current trends like AKON is doing.
Try it. Go to the street and ask youths(teenagers) how many Akon songs they have on their phone even those over there in America don't have his songs.

Entertainment is all about who is making wave at the moment.

The youths who have wizkids, David and naira marleys songs on their phones, how did they get the songs? Is it through free downloads or they bought the songs online? The Nigerian artistes how really do they make their money? Without shows and endorsements, do they make money's via song /album sales as they should? The Nigerian artistes know the challenges facing them in naija without structure. Is not about releasing hits today and jamming the streets without nothing to show for it and being on IG just to keep up appearances.

We know how these things go in naija. Do they still make money from their old musical hits in naija?

(1) (Reply)

Lil Wayne Funeral Will Shock The World! / Davido And Sophiamomadu Reveal How Life Have Been Sweet / Davido And Chioma With Mayorkun On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.