Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,902 members, 7,841,381 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Advise For Christian Students Moving From Home To The Campus For The First Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advise For Christian Students Moving From Home To The Campus For The First Time (169 Views)

Deborah: Christian Students In Sokoto Express Fears, Says Usman Dan Fodio Uni / Fellowship Of Christian Students,futminna / Lagos State University Forces Christian Students To Take Islamic Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advise For Christian Students Moving From Home To The Campus For The First Time by ochibuogwu5: 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2019
Advise for Christian students leaving their parents for the campus:

Surrender *your flesh 100% and forever* to the grace of the Cross of Jesus Christ and be Crucified together with HIM. (John 19:30)

Die daily with Jesus Christ on the Cross (2 Corinthian 4:10-12) that is prayerfully remind yourself that you are *permanently dead with Jesus on the Cross* and now *Christ Jesus is the person studying, thinking, deciding, playing, eating, fasting, praying, writing, relating with people around you through your mortal body* thus "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless i live; yet not i, but Christ lives in me: and the life which i now live in the *mortal-body*, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not *frustrate the grace of God*: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain" (Galatians 2:20-21)

Study God’s word with the intention to know more about Jesus Christ Crucified (John 5:39, Matthew 16:17)

Fellowship with the Holy Spirit in prayer, praises and dialogue/study every tick of time (John 14:16)

Do not try to impress God rather submit to His leading (James 4:7-8 )

Always seek mercy to receive grace because every time on this earth is a *time of need* (Hebrews 4:16) especially with campus *distractions*

Locate your Christian fellowship within your school and become active member with the intention of *discovering more about God’s grace in the crucified Jesus Christ and glory in your life* not to impress student pastors/girls/boys/lecturers in your fellowship.

Also locate your state/local government students within school and identify with them, they will help you with their experiences that will give you an edge instead of making their own mistakes however do not allow school politics to distract your studies unless you have the grace to combine both.

Stay in general school hostel because of security or else find accommodation very close to school which has security *consciousness* if your parents can afford it and you are convinced within you to stay outside the school hostel.

Draw a study time-table, paste it beside your bed, people will mock you for that but ask God for grace to assiduously follow it up, your test, examinations and academic results will never make you shameful as long as you study and good results builds personal confidence and psychological health as a student while bad academic results causes sadness and psychological sickness/stress for students

Associate with any person male or female in whose company you find *inner peace and purity* not people who will coerce you into *tempting environment and relationships* that will distract you.

Make a decision that you are going to school to study, develop yourself in any righteous skills not to *belong to bad-boys, cults/capon or sexual escapades/relationships, partying and clubbing, alcoholic-competitor/boss e.t.c*

Make a decision that God’s grace will pull the through with a *first class in your course* because you are going to impart your generation and it is possible for you because you carry the *Excellent Spirit of God* (John 14:16)

Trust God to protect you without you belonging to cults, bad-boys/girls, happening guys/babes in campus. If you truly fellowship with Jesus Christ Crucified, all those people carrying *fowl-spirit* cannot *intimidate or influence you* rather they will flee from you. Bear in mind they will approach you, try to intimidate but *as long as you stand your ground in Christ Jesus Crucified* they will flee from you. I am talking from experience of 5-years in the University.

You are not going to marry any girl/boy within your university days hence do not *enter into soul-ties/curses* under the disguise of *fun* which is *sexual-immoralities*. You will have more time to focus on your studies and develop your future as well as *spend less* in terms of finances and distractions. Marriage if its God's vocation for you will come after your graduation, when your life vision is clear, your financial strength has a clear base/definition and you have a definite clarity on the woman who will be able to compliment your purpose in Christ Jesus Crucified *not youthful infatuations and lust*.

Always attend your lectures and be prompt, discover what each lecturer focuses while teaching, check past questions from each lecturer then ask God for grace and wisdom to adequately attend to each lecturers methodology within God’s righteous standards.

Any lecturer that tries to intimidate you, humble yourself and say *I am sorry even when you did nothing wrong* however if he/she starts making unrighteous demands *submit him/her to the throne of God’s grace*; “the heart of a king is in the hand of GOD and like a flowing stream, He directs it to wherever it pleases him” (Proverbs 21:1) and "Those who know their God, shall stand their ground and do exploits" (Daniel 11:32)

Be appreciative of whatever your parents can afford, do not spend money wastefully, cultivate the habit of savings. If you have the grace, you can do *genuine networking business that have tangible products* or other students side-business that is *righteous* to support whatever your parents will be giving you even for life after school. Attend tutorials, seminars, workshops, retreats within your course, faith in Christ, righteous skills/talents e.t.c within your financial capacity, time-frame and disposition.

Once you school is on vacation/break/strike; return home to your parents. Go and help your parents at home who sponsor your education. Do not jump around school to avoid being lured into evil/crime. Do not jump from uncles house to aunties house in a bid to avoid the responsibilities of staying with your parents in the endeavors/business/profession which produces your school fess and up-keep allowance.

Great Grace Brethren!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Perils Of Indiscipline / It’s Time To Be The Woman God Created You To Be! By April Cassidy / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You Are Given A Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.