Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? (6443 Views)

Superman Logo With CORELDRAW X3 / Print With This Sublimation Printer And Transfer On Awards,plates,mugs Etc / Fireworks Or Photoshop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by Elgaxton(m): 10:35am On Dec 02, 2010
Hi all,

I love photoshop for my graphic works just that anytime I want to do a print of a poster/flier,
there's this issue of you have to put it in CDR format.

So my question is this: Is it better to print with coreldraw

or is it a case most Naija designers dont know how to use Photoshop?

Thanks!
Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by ugo2u(m): 10:54am On Dec 02, 2010
in truth, corel was designed with printing in mind and photoshop for editing photos and not for major printing jobs, that is why it is what mostly nigerians use, but its not that hard to transfer your photoshop out put to cdr just make sure your design is in 300dpi/ppi and you'll be ok
Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by alexxie(m): 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2010
ugo_2u:

in truth, corel was designed with printing in mind and photoshop for editing photos and not for major printing jobs, that is why it is what mostly nigerians use, but its not that hard to transfer your photoshop out put to cdr just make sure your design is in 300dpi/ppi and you'll be ok

Photoshop is not ever designed for photo editing only, with no clause u can finish ur design in photoshop & also print it out there
Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by Elgaxton(m): 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2010
Well somehow its funny cos I learnt graphics with Coreldraw but I love PSD,

unfortunately, printers wouldn't accept my work unless its in CDR.

Thanks Ugo for the advice

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by ugo2u(m): 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ alexxie

I didnt say you cant print with it, I said its not originally inteded for printing, besides you cant do color seperations on photoshop with the pantone color matching stuff, its just too stressfull and besides the whole country uses corel draw so either way you have to make your work to adapt to that

@ Elgaxton

like I said just do what you want to do in photoshop, flatten it (dont save oh! grin) then use save as to save it as either JPEG or my favourite PNG (because it supports transparency). also make sure that the ppi (pixel per inch when you are starting your canvas) is set to 300 if you want to print.

you will be ok and there will be no misinterpretation btw corel and PSD

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by alexxie(m): 11:18am On Dec 03, 2010
@ Ugo 2u,

you can do ur color separation on photoshop, am not opposing the way of taking ur job to corel draw,
but like me now if am doin a flyer i wil do d design in Photoshop, then take it to illustrator and put my txt
in any form, any direction i want it. so if am taking it to separation house i just save it as PDF format.

Reason why i dnt use corel is dat by the time u finish your design in photoshop and take it down to corel
u 'll clearly see d work dat it has lose some quality. i rather use XARA XTREME PRO instead of COREL DRAW.

thanks.
Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by alexxie(m): 11:22am On Dec 03, 2010
@ Ugo 2u

i forgot to mention this in my comment, u cant say the whole country uses Corel draw for separation
or designs
Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
hi guys, just want to know what to do.
i edited an image in photoshop, transferring it to corel draw comes wit a white background on the image,
Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by lightheart(m): 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2012
Iceysammas: hi guys, just want to know what to do.
i edited an image in photoshop, transferring it to corel draw comes wit a white background on the image,

After editing ur image, save with psd (instead of jpg) format. Fire up coreldraw, import (ctrl+i) ur image from location it was saved. Press enter and voila! u shuld b smiling
Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by skynet83: 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hello people, plz am a new bie here and am delighted by most of the collaborations and assistance goin on hia. Am a graphic designer and use corel draw in my designs but I felt am not yet good as I taught I would have being by now cuz I left d field for som time in pusuit of other things. So am pleading to d people in dis forum for an assistance to b like most of u. I need a good site to look at some eye catching good designs, good softwares lyke 3d tins and if there is any software that crop neat picture automatically outside magic wand in corel photo paint. Thank uuuuuuuuuu

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by MeAndYou(m): 10:08am On Jul 01, 2014
I was equally wondering the same. CDR here and there.
And yet it remains one of the most deficult to learn graphics software. Very hard to find quality learning materials, both online and offline.
Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by Okwori12(m): 7:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
Can anyone be kind enough to put me through the printing process? am a new graphics designer but do know the process of getting my job done in print... I hear people talk about separation and impression but is strange to me. I need help on this

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? by charlsecy(m): 11:08am On Feb 14, 2016
Elgaxton:
So my question is this: Is it better to print with coreldraw!
I think printing, especially large ones are better done in CorelDraw-based work. CorelDraw is vector-based so images can be zoomed and expanded without quality loss. Photshop images are based on pixels. So if you enlarge its image, it beomes pixellated, losing quality. So, CorelDraw is more suited to printing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Corel Draw Gallery / Human Animal Art Work(pics) / Canon EOS RP. Full Frame Mirrorless Camera. AVAILABLE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.