Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers (44101 Views)

2021/2022 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers / 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. / 2018/2019 Lasu Admission Guide Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by Lakesman445(m): 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Pls can I apply for unilag msc with statement of result, my school is yet to give me my certificate
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by 1F30M4(f): 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
Lakesman445:
Pls can I apply for unilag msc with statement of result, my school is yet to give me my certificate

Yes, you can
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by Emmannn101(m): 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
Good day Sir/Ma,

I applied for the Masters of Education in Educational Administration and Planning in Unilag. Anyone who's currently studying or have also applied for the course should kindly text me on my email via oyeniranemmanuel6@gmail.com

I also need past questions on the course and the mode of the examination.

Thanks
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by kazeemhome: 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
Yes u can apply
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by Nobody: 5:06am On Aug 08, 2021
The true history of the yoruba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg

Please kindly help me locate one of these 5 things:

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
4) ife battle against britain
5) ife republic
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by sunnx(f): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
Lakesman445:

Yes you can but they will demand transcript.
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by mrgbenga1: 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
I have B.Sc. (Ed) Computer Science (2.1) and I would like to confirm if it is possible for me to do M.Sc. in Computer Science.

Also, I think applicants with original certificates do not need to send transcripts.
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by qanda: 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2021
Unilag Post Graduate Programs Qualifying Entrance Exams Past Questions and Answers are available on Q and A App

Install the App from Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda,

Access the materials from the Postgraduate/Past Questions/University of Lagos directory on the App.

1. MSc. Envr. Toxicology & Pollution Mgt.

2. MSc. Economics PT/FT

3. MSc Marketing

4. MSc Molecular Diagnosis

5. MSc Organisation Behaviour

6. MSc Political Science

7. MSc Community Health

8. MSc System Engineering

9. MSc Finance

10. MSc MFM Estate Management

11. MSc Environmenal Management

12. Master of Arts in English language & Literature

13. Master of Project Management

14. Master of Public & International affairs

15. Master of law and International law

16. MSc Mathematics and Statistics

17. Master of Business Administration

18. MSc In Microbiology

19. Master of Public Administration

20. Postgraduate Diploma in Education PGDE

21. MSc Accounting

22. MSc Clinical Chemistry and Molecular diagnosis

23. Master of Criminology

24. MSc Physics

25. MED,MPHIL Education

26. MSc Sociology

27. Masters in Geographical Information System

28. Master of Diplomacy and Strategic Studies

29. Masters in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management

30. MSc Actuarial Science

31. MSc Cell Biology and Genetics

32. MSc Mass Communication

33. Building dept

34. MSc Electrical Engineering (Power Options)

35. MSc Psychology

36. Master of Transportation Planning and Management

37. MSc Analytical & Environmental Chemistry

38. MSc Computer Science

39. MSc Information Technology

Install Q and A App from Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

Contact Q and A App Customer Service on WhatsApp 07052193183
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by haffiniti: 7:14am On Aug 14, 2021
Anyone admitted to MSc Geophysics for 2020/2021 here? Please, let's connect. Here's my email address: hafizquadri134@gmail.com
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by frank4wealth: 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
Drtobi:

DM me 08061242065
pls is there any whatsap group for MSC electrical electronics
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by alladinov: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
Good day, pls I received this message from Unilag.

Admission vacancies exist for 2020/2021 University of Lagos, Postgraduate applicants who did not qualify for their initial programme of choice and wish to change at no cost to any of the following programs:

1.Master of Maritime Administration & Management
2. PGD Maritime Administration & Management
3. PGD Maritime Environmental Studies
4. PGD Maritime Communications & Navigation

Interested candidates should visit the Institute of Maritime Studies or contact 08034357025,08187488805 on or before 10th September 2021

Pls I need an information on it. Thanks
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by geesunge(m): 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2021
alladinov:
Good day, pls I received this message from Unilag.

Admission vacancies exist for 2020/2021 University of Lagos, Postgraduate applicants who did not qualify for their initial programme of choice and wish to change at no cost to any of the following programs:

1.Master of Maritime Administration & Management
2. PGD Maritime Administration & Management
3. PGD Maritime Environmental Studies
4. PGD Maritime Communications & Navigation

Interested candidates should visit the Institute of Maritime Studies or contact 08034357025,08187488805 on or before 10th September 2021

Pls I need an information on it. Thanks
I also received the text
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by Oyep4(f): 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
Pls does anyone know the duration of unilag masters in edu admin and planning part time?
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by RayOB1: 10:32am On Sep 16, 2021
pls is there a whatsapp group for masters in risk management or Master of Employment and Labour Studies
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by Novellex(f): 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
I will like to ask, to apply for M.Phil guidance and Counseling do I also have to apply for PhD in Guidance and Counseling or I can apply individually like M.ed in Guidance and Counseling?(the requirements is always side by side PhD Guidance and Counseling so it's confusing, please clarify me)
How many semester is M.Phil in Guidance and Counseling?
Is part time available for M.Phil Guidance and Counseling?
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by oloworulz(m): 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2021
kalan:
1. Eligibility for Your Proposed Course of Study

Before you sign up for a course, check to see if you are eligible.
This is so so important. There are many courses more than 130 for postgraduate programs but find out if youre eligible for the one you chose.

How?

Go to Unilag pg website or ask around in this place and i will give you the answer you need.
Dont take anything for granted.

For example.

If you have an HND, you are limited to just 3 courses:

1. MBA

2. Project Management

3. Biomedical Engineering

And not many people would want to read these courses.

so what do you do?

HND is mostly a no-no.

But all BSC are welcomed, even if you got your BSC from a state school or private University.

Also graduates from NOUN can also apply to Unilag Pg programme

Disqualification:

I know a lot of people who scored above the cut-off point in various exams conducted in the last 7 years and were disqualified- just because they didnt meet the school requirement.

E.g Bsc Engineering cannot apply for Msc Computer Science directly, you should first apply via pgd else you will be denied.

Likewise, so many restrictions. You need to know and be informed adequately so you dont make a mistake.

A lady called me last year and asked if she could apply for MSC in Engineering with her PGD certificate from another school?

I told her Unilag frowns at PGD from other schools. She was shocked.

She then said, ok let her use her HND cert.

I told her no way. she later said but UI allows such.

I told her I know, but that is Unilag for you.

So its better you know your eligibility status.

I've a current case of one of my students who just checked his result and he scored 70+ but will be denied admission because he was not qualified with his BSC course - the guy is almost weeping!

The solution I propose is to find the courses out there you can do with your Bsc degree.

and i will tell you for free, there are so many courses that each degree has access to, dont be tied to one.

These are powerful combos you could do if only you have the right info, and i will be sharing some of them with you on this thread.

Take Bsc Economics For example

BSc Economics graduates has loads of courses they can combined with their Bsc and make a hot selling combo out of it.

Before you chose a course, look at the job market, and the trends, dont stick to your old ways or what Jamb forced you to read.

Go for your passion and your purpose.

Do what you love.

With the right counsel you can make good judgement.
Having said that seek proper info from mentors, its the easiest path to glory....

enjoy!

Bsc Economics hot combo

plus MBA
plus IRPM
pgd finance
plus Dev Finance
plus Risk Mgt
plus MPIA
plus MILR
plus Accounting
plus MDSS
plus Pgd Computer Science
plus Msc Economics
plus Insurance
plus Actuarial Science
plus Operations Research
plus Operations and Production Mgt
plus Organizational Behavior
plus Management
plus MMP
plus Sociology
plus PGDE
plus Marketing
plus MILD
plus MELS

Let me know if you have any problem in choosing a course or combining your course with your experience.
Would gladly help out.
wat about someone with bsc.ed business education(unilag) with years of working experience. Can he apply for postgraduate diploma in employment and labour studies.
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by Deeayo19(f): 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hi there,
I want to get a Masters degree but I’m sort of limited in my choices. I work in the administrative arm of a tertiary hospital and I want to do a course in Health Management or Health Administration.
I have a degree in English Language.
Kindly assist in guiding me on the next step to take.
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by Deeayo19(f): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
kalan:
1. Eligibility for Your Proposed Course of Study

Before you sign up for a course, check to see if you are eligible.
This is so so important. There are many courses more than 130 for postgraduate programs but find out if youre eligible for the one you chose.

How?

Go to Unilag pg website or ask around in this place and i will give you the answer you need.
Dont take anything for granted.

For example.

If you have an HND, you are limited to just 3 courses:

1. MBA

2. Project Management

3. Biomedical Engineering

And not many people would want to read these courses.

so what do you do?

HND is mostly a no-no.

But all BSC are welcomed, even if you got your BSC from a state school or private University.

Also graduates from NOUN can also apply to Unilag Pg programme

Disqualification:

I know a lot of people who scored above the cut-off point in various exams conducted in the last 7 years and were disqualified- just because they didnt meet the school requirement.

E.g Bsc Engineering cannot apply for Msc Computer Science directly, you should first apply via pgd else you will be denied.

Likewise, so many restrictions. You need to know and be informed adequately so you dont make a mistake.

A lady called me last year and asked if she could apply for MSC in Engineering with her PGD certificate from another school?

I told her Unilag frowns at PGD from other schools. She was shocked.

She then said, ok let her use her HND cert.

I told her no way. she later said but UI allows such.

I told her I know, but that is Unilag for you.

So its better you know your eligibility status.

I've a current case of one of my students who just checked his result and he scored 70+ but will be denied admission because he was not qualified with his BSC course - the guy is almost weeping!

The solution I propose is to find the courses out there you can do with your Bsc degree.

and i will tell you for free, there are so many courses that each degree has access to, dont be tied to one.

These are powerful combos you could do if only you have the right info, and i will be sharing some of them with you on this thread.

Take Bsc Economics For example

BSc Economics graduates has loads of courses they can combined with their Bsc and make a hot selling combo out of it.

Before you chose a course, look at the job market, and the trends, dont stick to your old ways or what Jamb forced you to read.

Go for your passion and your purpose.

Do what you love.

With the right counsel you can make good judgement.
Having said that seek proper info from mentors, its the easiest path to glory....

enjoy!

Bsc Economics hot combo

plus MBA
plus IRPM
pgd finance
plus Dev Finance
plus Risk Mgt
plus MPIA
plus MILR
plus Accounting
plus MDSS
plus Pgd Computer Science
plus Msc Economics
plus Insurance
plus Actuarial Science
plus Operations Research
plus Operations and Production Mgt
plus Organizational Behavior
plus Management
plus MMP
plus Sociology
plus PGDE
plus Marketing
plus MILD
plus MELS

Let me know if you have any problem in choosing a course or combining your course with your experience.
Would gladly help out.

Hi there,
I want to get a Masters degree but I’m sort of limited in my choices. I work in the administrative arm of a tertiary hospital and I want to do a course in Health Management or Health Administration.
I have a degree in English Language.
Kindly assist in guiding me on the next step to take.
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by sunnx(f): 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2021
We that studied Political Science and working as state owned Law Enforcement and community policing what likely the combo would be.
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by Dontp2015(m): 5:38am On Nov 02, 2021
Good morning everyone, happy new month to you all. Please i have something that has been bothering me overtime now and i want you all to support me with a clue. I dropped out of school 2006 while preparing for my waec because of lack of money. And now i am planning on going back to school because i now work as an electrical tech in an industrial firm and i am very good at what i do.
I was planning after my waec i would buy a form from poly to either study elect elect. My question goes like this, Do you think that after 15years without anything to do with school or book, can i make my waec, okay if i find a way, can i still be active to study elect or i should look for other simple course?

Please no insult i am just looking for your support morally.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by sunnx(f): 7:43am On Nov 02, 2021
Dontp2015:
Good morning everyone, happy new month to you all. Please i have something that has been bothering me overtime now and i want you all to support me with a clue. I dropped out of school 2006 while preparing for my waec because of lack of money. And now i am planning on going back to school because i now work as an electrical tech in an industrial firm and i am very good at what i do.
I was planning after my waec i would buy a form from poly to either study elect elect. My question goes like this, Do you think that after 15years without anything to do with school or book, can i make my waec, okay if i find a way, can i still be active to study elect or i should look for other simple course?

God bless you

With this your good English I think you can cope and do well all you need is concentration.

1 Like

Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by 1F30M4(f): 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2021
Dontp2015:

God bless you

Like the commenter above me, I also think you'll do great especially as you already have hands-on practical experience. It won't be sooo difficult for you to grasp whatever you'll be taught by your lecturers so I'd say by all means go for it. For your waec, you'll definitely need to go over the curriculum, try to be up-to-date, be familiar with the formulas and if possible get a tutor to help you with that. Best of luck in all your endeavors.
Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by orgnite(m): 12:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
Fr your Msc Past questions, kindly Dm now

1 Like

Re: 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers by Oluwatobi46: 6:24pm On Dec 18, 2021
Can anyone add me to Biomedical engineering Whatsapp group?

My number is 09065732716

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students / LAUTECH Professor, Abass Olajire Slumps, Dies In Mosque / Ifeoma Amuche Gives Her Speech In Chinese As Best Student In China University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.