Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend (3046 Views)

Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / How To Identify Fake Tecno , Infinix And Itel Smartphones / This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by directonpc(m): 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
It's a painful thing to become a fanboy or fangirl to any Company or their products. It's even a more painful thing if the company isn't into the manufacturing of high-end/premium products.

In this post I hope to inform someone before they buy their next smartphone.

Look at what other companies are offering at the given price range. Pick the device from a company that is not claiming to be a friend of Africa (go for a global brand).

When you run a benchmark test on some of your favourite Tecno, Infinix and co phones you will see that they lack the most basic sensors for phones in 2019 (sometimes 2013).
[img]http://i.postimg.cc/sD5rQxz8/image.png[/img]

Avoid getting ripped of your money, buy wisely and only be a fanboy to premium brands. (It shows class cheesy . )
Image Credits to the OP here: https://www.nairaland.com/5475091/why-tecno-phones-crap

2 Likes

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by directonpc(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2020
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by sureinfo: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
You are forgetting that if not for brands like Tecno many people in the country won't even have phones in the first place seeing most of their devices are budget friendly targeting the majority of the public

3 Likes

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by TrollKiller(m): 6:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
sureinfo:
You are forgetting that if not for brands like Tecno many people in the country won't even have phones in the first place seeing most of their devices are budget friendly targeting the majority of the public
Idiot shut up

India that is poorer than Nigeria has more smartphone users than Nigerians and guess what they don't use tecno

I hate it when I see this sorry excuse

6 Likes

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by Crownedjon: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
TrollKiller:

Idiot shut up

India that is poorer than Nigeria has more smartphone users than Nigerians and guess what they don't use tecno

very terrible excuses their marketers give

4 Likes

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by ddjay: 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
sureinfo:
The problem in naija is the "awoof syndrome" so long as
1. its android
2. Its fine
3. It shines
4. Na touchscreen
5. Has camera, even 5 in number.
Etc. Dem go rush buy am. Is it worth the money, quality... that one no concern dem. Now see what transsion is doing, they make one phone that develops problems with time, you the buyer gets tired of complaining, sells it and buys the latest. You can use and enjoy one Samsung, nokia, xiaomi etc in 3 years or even more, but a transsion will changed 2 times or more in 3 years

6 Likes

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by bravesoul247(m): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
ddjay:

The problem in naija is the "awoof syndrome" so long as
1. its android
2. Its fine
3. It shines
4. Na touchscreen
5. Has camera, even 5 in number.
Etc. Dem go rush buy am. Is it worth the money, quality... that one no concern dem. Now see what transsion is doing, they make one phone that develops problems with time, you the buyer gets tired of complaining, sells it and buys the latest. You can use and enjoy one Samsung, nokia, xiaomi etc in 3 years or even more, but a transsion will changed 2 times or more in 3 years
hahahaha, him say na awoof syndrome grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by bravesoul247(m): 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
TrollKiller:

Idiot shut up

wetin Tecno do you?
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by Crownedjon: 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
bravesoul247:
wetin Tecno do you?
dey make scrap oga

1 Like

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by ddjay: 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
bravesoul247:
wetin Tecno do you?
The phones don wound us for finger, my own turn green
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by directonpc(m): 12:02am On Jan 04, 2020
sureinfo:
If tecno didn't exists, someone else would. Maybe someone more competent.

In the days of Tecno phantom f7 (2013), Gionee entered Nigeria with Gionee e3. Both devices cost between 30-35k.
Here is how some of the specs compare:
Tecno f7
Display density: 230ppi
International Storage: 4GB
Compass: NO
OS/Update: Android 4.2/No updates

Gionee e3
Display density: 340ppi
International Storage: 16GB
Compass: Yes
OS/Update: Android 4.2/Updated to Android 4.4 Kitkat.

Now, which one gives value for money?

3 Likes

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by Kalapizim(m): 11:24am On Jan 05, 2020
Why not come clean and market your own device ?
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by drjprince: 11:58am On Jan 05, 2020
Kalapizim:

thesame way you have been marketing the disease called infinix to people better change this new year Oga

1 Like

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by directonpc(m): 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
Kalapizim:

Well I don't sell hardware, but I make software. You can checkout my android app (link below) :

USSD Banking app
Checkout this android app I built that let's you use USSD Banking without internet or cramming codes.
Get it from Google play via:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.ussdbanking

2 Likes

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by strix(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
Don't mind this useless marketers. There is NOTHING WRONG with tecno, infinix and co, they are not of the best quality but they will serve you well.
The people shouting huawei and co what investment do they have. They will spend their savings to buy phone n in few months time they will want to sell it here on nairaland.
Be wise o, buy what you can afford na poor people they do pass their power.
Peace!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by theoneJabulani(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
strix:
Don't mind this useless marketers. There is NOTHING WRONG with tecno, infinix and co, they are not of the best quality but they will serve you well.
The people shouting huawei and co what investment do they have. They will spend their savings to buy phone n in few months time they will want to sell it here on nairaland.
Be wise o, buy what you can afford na poor people they do pass their power.
Peace!!!
As usual, you all Transsion marketers fail to comprehend the simple message, it's not about buying expensive phones, it's about getting a device that gives you the best value for your money

5 Likes

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by Blastedholligan: 9:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
Everybody has what appeals to them. Tecno might not appeal to you but it does to alot if people besides, if they don't create premium product is cos there market isn't targeted towards them. Its for the mass market.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by Blastedholligan: 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
directonpc:

Well I don't sell hardware, but I make software. You can checkout my android app (link below) :

USSD Banking app
Checkout this android app I built that let's you use USSD Banking without internet or cramming codes.
Get it from Google play via:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.ussdbanking

you Make softwares. What if Tecno came to you to do business with them, won't you accept? See how you just spoilt buisness for yourself.
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by directonpc(m): 6:19am On Jan 06, 2020
Blastedholligan:
you Make softwares. What if Tecno came to you to do business with them, won't you accept? See how you just spoilt buisness for yourself.
I will accept and make some money. But how is that related to the topic?
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by Rubiesangel: 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nigeria is now the poverty capital of the world, overtaking your beloved India.
TrollKiller:

Idiot shut up

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by edoairways: 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
TrollKiller:

Idiot shut up

Who told you that India is poor?
Has tecno ever said they would sell their brand in India?
Would you have had this opportunity to post this if tecno hadn't produce low end device?
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by edoairways: 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
Blastedholligan:
Everybody has what appeals to them. Tecno might not appeal to you but it does to alot if people besides, if they don't create premium product is cos there market isn't targeted towards them. Its for the mass market.
Exactly! Those other brands are fighting tooth and nail to spoil a brand that had made name for it's self in Africa

1 Like

Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by edoairways: 3:53pm On Jan 06, 2020
directonpc:

If tecno didn't exists, someone else would. Maybe someone more competent.

In the days of Tecno phantom f7 (2013), Gionee entered Nigeria with Gionee e3. Both devices cost between 30-35k.
Here is how some of the specs compare:
Tecno f7
Display density: 230ppi
International Storage: 4GB
Compass: NO
OS/Update: Android 4.2/No updates

Gionee e3
Display density: 340ppi
International Storage: 16GB
Compass: Yes
OS/Update: Android 4.2/Updated to Android 4.4 Kitkat.

Now, which one gives value for money?
Where is you so called Gionee today?
How many Nigerians still use their products till date if not few
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by Rubiesangel: 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2020
I have used the transsion brands before and enjoyed it very well. Let's stop bad mouthing brands, even when we can't produce common match stick. come on guys na, na wa o
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by directonpc(m): 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
edoairways:

Where is you so called Gionee today?
How many Nigerians still use their products till date if not few
Gionee had some internal problems with their leadership. Companies come and go, Remember Ericsson mobile? Because they are no longer selling phones doesn't mean Tecno and Infinix manufacture better quality telecoms equipment than them.
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by edoairways: 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
directonpc:
Gionee had some internal problems with their leadership. Companies come and go, Remember Ericsson mobile? Because they are no longer selling phones doesn't mean Tecno and Infinix manufacture better quality telecoms equipment than them.
Yes Ericsson and Gionee produces good phones however how many were able to buy them?. Those brands didn't stay for long before they lost relevance in the market
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by directonpc(m): 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
edoairways:

Yes Ericsson and Gionee produces good phones however how many were able to buy them?. Those brands didn't stay for long before they lost relevance in the market
Tecno and Infinix do not deliver the best value for money.
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by Chomolina: 6:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
directonpc:

they do actually their phones are quite cheap at some point
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by Chomolina: 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2020
edoairways:

y? Cause they were not up to standard at that moment I suppose
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by Chiemezueajuzie: 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2020
directonpc:
at some point it does mean else why did they stop moving forward?
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by edoairways: 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2020
directonpc:

We have different types of strategies adopted by many businesses. The commonest ones are low cost strategy, differentiation strategy, best cost strategy, focus low cost and focus differentiate cost strategy. Tecno uses low cost strategy and focus low cost strategy to sell their products, that is why they use low quality material. They started with the sales of low ended phones which has some premium content available in other brands thereafter, they moved to best cost strategy but still continued with low cost. However because the public know them for cheap price they stick to low quality to continue their dominance. If they should produce what their competitors are producing, you would be the first to complain of high price. It would be beyond the reach of many Nigerians as they live below $1 per day.
You said other brands deliver value for money yet their patronage is still low till date haven't you wonder why?. Those brands although not operate at alm
They are not well known like tecno because they find it difficult to penetrate the market. Pricing is one mechanism that would make many Nigerians to switch from tecno to other brands because many are only concern about the basics features of an android device phone
Re: Why Tecno, Infinix And Co Are Not Your Friend by edoairways: 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
Chomolina:
y? Cause they were not up to standard at that moment I suppose
They were up to standard but price is one of the reasons why many didn't buy their brand. They lacked varieties of products for cater for different class of people. This is why Samsung wasn't penetrating the market until recently however many Nigerians are relunctant to buy them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

All New Apple Iphone 12 / Peculiar Problem With Xiaomi Devices / Nairaland Phone Section Man Of D Year(drop Ur Nominees Btw Nw N 31st)d Winner Wud Be Emerge On D Fir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.