Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video (62417 Views)

The Production Of The Volkswagen Beetle Ends Today / Old 1966 Volkswagen Beetle Transformed By Nigerian Man (Photos) / This Is Not The Regular Volkswagen Beetle; It Has Been Customized For Offroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Etizz: 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
Starboytwo:
I wan buy car this year oh lord

U will get it as long as u want it......
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by emmydiamon(m): 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
WildChild00:
In the year 1982 I could remember driving that makinna grin
Papa when where you born?
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by WildChild00(m): 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
emmydiamon:
Papa when where you born?

Papa was born in the 60s.....grin
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by KakiP(m): 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
Last Mile?!

Still probably being used somewhere in my country.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
This car was dope back in the days
He travelled to England on a course sponsored by the company he was working for back then, leaving mum with two kids.when he came back,he realised my mum hadn't touched a penny of his salary for the 2-3 years he had been away.
He used the large sum of money to buy his first car-beetle Volkswagen
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by olax02(m): 4:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
My dad rock this car wella...strong car with good engine and less fuel consumption.. cool
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by mrksquare: 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Do people still use it?

absolutely. There is this Anambra chap I'm following on Instagram who specializes in buying vintage cars like this and pimping it into something cool and elegant.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Skillsnigeria: 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
eeyah,we miss una
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by KingAzubuike(f): 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
mrksquare:

absolutely. There is this friend of mine on Instagram who specializes in buying vintage cars like this and pimping it into something cool and elegant.
He's not your friend, you're just his follower.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by banio: 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
Goodbye TORTOISE Car

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by mrksquare: 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
KingAzubuike:

He's not your friend, you're just his follower.

Nawa oh. Instead of seeing the substance of my message in response to the question someone asked, you chose to be Petty by finding fault in my message. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by airminem(f): 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
smiley Yeaaaaa As a homieeeee kindaaaa lady

when is naija gonna be saying goodbye to it ever first indiginous wink made in Nigeria car which it hasnt even manufacture yet? grin
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Bahamas95(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Eyah! Most things don't last forever.

Farewell beetle baby, forever in my heart.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
seunmohmoh:
In my area. No
You look so young... Have you ever seen anyone using it in the few years you've existed?
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by PheezyLee(m): 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
This is the best car to learn how to drive back then (ijapa or benz). If u can comfortably drive those then u’re a badass driver!
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Philadelphia: 4:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
Back then, my dad bought this car brand new.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by javalove(m): 4:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
WildChild00:
In the year 1982 I could remember driving that makinna grin

Amarigna ale endeee?

Javalove... Unless otherwise stated...!
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by SegunAj(m): 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Automotive1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKuYXNLGlOc

Volkswagen is paying tribute to the iconic Beetle Hatchback, also known as Ijapa, with an emotional animated short film titled : “The Last Mile”.

The clips shows the story of a boy whose major life events—from childhood to elderly age—are shaped and influenced by the presence of a Volkswagen Beetle.

The short uses a rendition of the Beatles’ “Let it Be” performed by the Pro Musica Youth Chorus. The 1:30 mins clips ends with nod to Volkswagen’s electrified future.

This video comes a year after Volkswagen officially announced the end of its production. The last Volkswagen Beetle rolled off the assembly line at a plant in Mexico in July, 2019.

Saad Chehab, senior vice president, VW brand marketing, said :

“The Beetle is easily one of the most recognizable cars in the history of automobiles,”

“Honoring it properly required a medium with just as much versatility and universal appeal as the car itself.”

“We are proud of our past but our eye is on the future – hence our choice of New Year’s Eve to hint at our upcoming long-range EV and the 2020 Atlas Cross Sport.”

https://autojosh.com/after-70-years-volkswagen-says-goodbye-to-iconic-beetle-ijapa-with-this-emotional-video/

na this car i take lean how to drive oo 2001 my dad den has the red one,i grow come meet the car

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by ejimatic: 4:56pm On Jan 04, 2020
Automotive1:

Volkswagen is paying tribute to the iconic Beetle Hatchback, also known as Ijapa, with an emotional animated short film titled : “The Last Mile”.

The clips shows the story of a boy whose major life events—from childhood to elderly age—are shaped and influenced by the presence of a Volkswagen Beetle.

The short uses a rendition of the Beatles’ “Let it Be” performed by the Pro Musica Youth Chorus. The 1:30 mins clips ends with nod to Volkswagen’s electrified future.

This video comes a year after Volkswagen officially announced the end of its production. The last Volkswagen Beetle rolled off the assembly line at a plant in Mexico in July, 2019.

“The Beetle is easily one of the most recognizable cars in the history of automobiles,”

“Honoring it properly required a medium with just as much versatility and universal appeal as the car itself.”

“We are proud of our past but our eye is on the future – hence our choice of New Year’s Eve to hint at our upcoming long-range EV and the 2020 Atlas Cross Sport.”

https://autojosh.com/after-70-years-volkswagen-says-goodbye-to-iconic-beetle-ijapa-with-this-emotional-video/
. My father said in the 70's if you studied any course in Education at the Nigerian university you would be given a Volgswageen Ijapa car as a motivation.....What a good time in the Nigerian history!

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Qadaffi2idiamin: 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
Very soon people will buy it for $3,000,000
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by SegunAj(m): 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
Qadaffi2idiamin:
Very soon people will buy it for $3,000,000
yes now
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Ykc2(m): 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
Who ever wrote this is a tribalist ,how can you say Volkswagen is know as ijapa?so if one get to owerri Enugu onitsha aba calabar ph warri Volkswagen is called ijapa there? angry angry angryplease lagos is not the only state in Nigeria if you come to ph they dont know what is Fuji music but in lagos other southerners might know about it dont use to as a yardstick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by ibawon(m): 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ijapa.
The people's choice
nothing really lasts forever

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by colestephan86: 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
Automotive1:

The almighty VW beetle. Don't expect it to overheat cos it won't.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
Oyibbo sabbi put emotion into animation,look it almost made me cry
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by neonly: 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
hisgrace090:
Fare thee well the beetle!

More respect to dat car was my Father first car hmmmm washed dat car tire

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by WildChild00(m): 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
javalove:

Amarigna ale endeee?

Javalove... Unless otherwise stated...!

You're surprise, bettle, 404, 504 panel van etc

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Liposure: 5:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Do people still use it?
happy NY. Whatsup dear
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by lonelydora: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Do people still use it?

Come Enugu and Nsukka, and see am plenty on the road.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Focusmind: 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
My uncle and my father. Two brothers that loved themselves so much. Did everything together that it trickled to us their children and wives.

Their bond and unity was out of this world.

My father bought the 504 Peugeot from PAN in kaduna and my Uncle got the Beetle from Volkswagen in Lagos, all mint, the same day.

Christmas of that year was the bomb as all eyes were on our families.

Rest in peace uncle. Just as volkswagen have rested your beloved bettle, God have also rested your soul.

However, sadly, the United family you laboured to build and sustain is fast crumbling because of enmity and outside influence. In Chinua Achebe's voice, an enemy has entered and used a sharp knife to cut off the rope of love and brotherhood that joined us together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) / Man Uses "Juju" To Secure His Car After It Broke Down In A Ghetto / Lagos Woman Drives Off With LASTMA Official Hanging On Her Car Bonnet (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.