Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,125 members, 7,849,500 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:53 PM

Some Common Myths Amongs Property Renters In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Some Common Myths Amongs Property Renters In Nigeria (656 Views)

Becoming A Landlord: Essential Tips For Home Buyers And Renters In Nigeria / Renters Problems In Ibadan / Land Investment Myths And The Truth About Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Common Myths Amongs Property Renters In Nigeria by ShagariBillions(m): 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Over the years, in my field of work I’ve been experiencing various mythical approaches of people who want to rent an apartment.
Those attitudes mitigate the success in securing a suitable apartment or hinders the agent or realtor from getting acquainted with your choice of property and knowing if it’s readily available.

LEGGO!!!
1. The renters who say “ my friend got a 1 bedroom flat at maitama for 200k, I want you to get something like that for me too” . Landlords/ owners of property differs likewise their reasons for renting out their properties, some just want occupiers, sometimes renters are relatives, some other times for Love interest; in other words; price concessions, Location isn’t the only determining factor in rent price. No one has the time to seek accommodation based on Luck, accommodation is based on willing renter and market availability.
2. Going out to inspect property in January while you only intend to move by April...What?! Properties are inanimate in nature, it only respect its owners desires, No Landlord wants to leave their property unoccupied for a second for cash flow sakes; properties for rent are investment for the owners and return on investment Y/Y cannot be compromised voluntarily.
So, don’t waste your time inspecting, someone else will take it, if eventually the property is habitable.
3. Friends opinion are little or nothing when it comes to a property of interest. Friends are emotionally attached to you, though, apartments give emotional satisfaction but it only matters if the recipient is the occupant. This works only when it’s a spouse or flat mate, the truth is most friends enjoy being relevant in decision making even though they know little or nothing about the subject matter. Get a professional advice from an expert like me, the fees are very affordable.
4. Fear of dealing with a big boy realtor; Fees are standard and most cases the not-so-big-boy charge more since they render “carcass” services. Most big boys/professionals won’t request for inspection fees while the others do. Just know that the most paramount is seeking the best in services, let it worth every dime.
5. Seeking “El-dorado” within Nigeria, the only real estate fantasy available is the house built by you. Improvements are one of the ways you can achieve that personal taste you wish for in rented apartments, don’t go Ajegunle seeking the house in Lekki.

(1) (Reply)

An Outstanding 4 Bedroom Standalone Duplex For Sale In Lekki / Hottest Sales In Town Lekki First Class Hotel / 10 Good Reasons Why You Need To Own A Unit In Mansfield Apartments Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.