Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,147 members, 7,860,116 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

White Man In Town (continuation) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / White Man In Town (continuation) (287 Views)

Harbinger Of Darkness (A Mythology Fiction) Continuation / The Suave Man In Lagos Drives A Range Rover But Is Penniless- Chimamanda Adichie / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

White Man In Town (continuation) by DODO005: 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
Back in Kaduna, Colours and KS explored the riverside in a canoe. The stocky canoe boy in a faded white singlet and rolled up trouser smiled broadly at his two passengers as they smoked their weed and chatted away. He was proud to have a Whiteman on his local boat and the money they had paid him for the short trip across the river was more than he had ever earned. Therefore, he left them to their chat and concentrated on his skillful peddling.

‘’ Good grass - good view.’’ KS said as they cruised far from the riverbank.

‘’ Yes, I sometime come here to think and take a canoe ride whenever I am in town. Most importantly, I enjoy smoking here. It is quite and safe.’’ Colour told him.

’ Yes, which reminds me. What is behind the restriction on smoking freely in your country? I laughed always when I see some of your best brains wasting away behind bars for trivial offences like doping weed ‘’ KS asked with a puzzled look.

‘’ Well, it is all hypocrisy and poor knowledge of the value of weed.’’ Colour replied dragging his smoke.

‘’ So you guys don’t have somewhere like a Med-Port where you can walk in, buy some weed and enjoy yourself?’’ KS asked with a surprised look.

‘’ Not at all, I read all about the so-called Medical Marijuana in your country and the recent approval for the free use of weed by interested consumers. It is crazy you know, the same America that is against marijuana smoking in Africa now encouraging its own citizens to walk free into any Med-port centre and buy approved dosage of the green grass; One of the greatest hypocrisy of the western world.’’ Colour said with a wry grin.

‘’ Yeah, I agree with you. Hemp or whatever you call it here is not actually harmful, but just like any other thing, you must not abuse it. I think hemp users in this part of the world need to fight for the right to enjoy this great grass.’’ KS told him as he sipped his bottled water.

‘’ Here, my people see you as a mad man if you are seen smoking ‘Igbo’-this.’’ He pointed out, grinned and then continued. ‘’ However, the funniest part is that most top people in the country use this thing. They smoke, chew or practically eat it. Name it, lawyers, doctors, Judges, Soldiers, Police, Journalists, lecturers, architects, engineers and even our flamboyant politicians. They do this thing, but they do it secretly the same way we are doing it right now.’’ Colours told him and giggled.

‘’ I think sometime in the future the truth about the value of marijuana will come out and your leaders will have no alternative than to legalize it.’’ KS said thoughtfully.

‘’ Well, I hope so. But it won’t be easy, anyway, I look forward to that day that some of our duplicitous leaders would see and understand the medical value of this God created grass. I hope they will come out to tell our people that marijuana is a fast cure for asthma, leukemia, tuberculosis and many other life-threatening diseases that has kept revenging the people over the decades.’’ Colour said.

‘’ I think your political leaders need to indict the west for feeding them lies about the green grass over the years. They should be bold to legalize it and damn what the west thinks. I believe it is unfair for some part of the world to secretly enjoy this wonderful medical remedy while others are left to suffer because of greed and self-centeredness.’’ KS suggested.

‘’ Yes, but our people need to be enlightened and educated about the truth and the importance of the grass. They need to see the medicinal value and also understand that this is a unique grass created for a reason, instead of imposing unjustifiable harsh punishment and insensible imprisonment on ordinary Nigerians who just wanted to get high and forget all the troubles in their lives.’’ Colour told him and chuckled as the canoe boy maneuvered the canoe and made his way back to shore.

‘’ Yeah, it’s crazy; I mean the harsh imprisonment for just smoking a grass. It’s dehumanizing and degrading to a citizen” Ken Solomon added with his wry grin.

‘’ If not for Murtala Mohammed who came in and reduced the cruel sentence, it was worst than this before.’’ Colour told him thoughtfully.

‘’ And who is that? Okay, I remember, your late charismatic Head of State, read about him. Great guy,”’ KS said with smile.

‘’ Yes, one of our best leaders so far. But they went after him and assassinated him. He was young, vibrant and dynamic,’’ Colour told him proudly.

‘’ The Good ones hardly last, still on marijuana, how long have you been doing this?’’ KS asked thoughtfully.

‘’ Well, can’t remember the exact year actually, but I started it in school. I got addicted to it and am still doing it. What about you?’’ Colour asked with a broad smile.

‘’ Me, too, right from school, and never stop doing it since then. Although, many people have their reasons and opinion for doing or not doing grass, all the same I believe everyone that does it has a reason and what they derived from it,’’ KS lectured him and smiled back at him.

‘’ Yes, I think so myself. So what do we do now since our trail seems to be leading us to Lagos?’’ He asked changing the topic as KS stared thoughtfully away.

‘’ We have no option than to follow the trail. I think I am already neck-deep in this whole mess and I cannot just give up now.’’ KS replied and stared thoughtfully into the water.

Colour stared at him thoughtfully and nodded his head. ‘’ Yes, I agree with you. We must end this whole thing for the last time. You have expanded a lot, both financial and physical energy and they must not go in vain.’’ Colour told him as they jumped down from the canoe.

Ken Solomon suddenly paused beside the canoe and the young driver. He smiled up at him and handed his phone to Colour.

‘’ I think I need some photos for remembrance. Here, snap us.’’ He told Colour who smiled and took some shots. He also took position with the boy and the canoe for some photos this time shot by KS. Finally, they gave the phone to the perplexed canoe boy and instructed him on how to use the camera as they both posed for the camera.

‘’ Nice shots,’’ KS commended as they reviewed the pictures

They bade farewell to the young canoe boy, handed him the parcels containing their unfinished roasted chickens and made their way back to where they left their car. Few minutes later they were on their way back to meet Chambers at the NAF club.

grin

(1) (Reply)

Death Trail / 0011 / Face Your Fears!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.