Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

Can A Christian Live Without The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Live Without The Holy Spirit? (284 Views)

Can A Christian Live 100% Holy Without Sin? / Reason A Christian Live Right / Can A Christian Live Together In The Same Room With An Herbalist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A Christian Live Without The Holy Spirit? by Akposb(m): 6:23am On Jan 05, 2020
The Holy Spirit is the third of the Trinity which comprise God the father and God the son. The Holy Spirit was promised as a counsellor when Jesus was set to depart the earth for Heaven. The essence of the Holy Spirit and its operation in the life of any Christian is what necessitates the question above.

The Holy Spirit's role in the life of a Christian is as important as the word of God. Without the word of God, a Christian lives without the understanding of what it means to live a Godly life. The Holy Spirit is a part of the Trinity and if a Christian pays much attention to the father and the son, then he/she is missing out on a vital relationship.

The relevance of the Holy Spirit is as important as a teacher or a mentor in explaining a subject or showing a student the way. You will agree with me that no matter how brilliant a student is, he/she will do better when an instructor that understands them guides him/her.

The Holy Spirit is more than an instructor. Philip and the story of the Ethiopian Eunuch establish this fact. Philip was placed on the path of the Ethiopian Eunuch as instructed by the Holy Spirit. He helped to teach the Ethiopian eunuch about Christ death and his resurrection. As a Christian, if you must grow in the knowledge of God, you must be willing to seek interpretation of the scripture from the Holy Spirit no matter your understanding of the language in which the scripture is written.

The power of the Holy Spirit is duly expressed in our conscience and sub-conscious. Beyond understanding the dos and don’ts of Christianity, the Holy Spirit makes us realize the reason why living a righteous life is important. It is not a matter of too much arguments or trying to justify reality and its burdens but it is about fulfilling our role as Disciples of Christ in this world.

The truth is that Christianity is beyond being ethically complaint. It is a call to grow beyond the ephemeral knowledge of this world and its operations. It is embracing the mystery of salvation and its prime place as a change agent in our lives and the world in general.

The work of the Holy Spirit must not be underestimated especially in this time and as we head into a New Year. While some may treat New Year resolutions as trivial, I will encourage you to give the Holy Spirit a prime place in your life this year and onwards. When you do, then you will understand what abundant grace means
Re: Can A Christian Live Without The Holy Spirit? by AntiChristian: 6:38am On Jan 05, 2020
Akposb:
The Holy Spirit is the third of the Trinity which comprise God the father and God the son. The Holy Spirit was promised as a counsellor when Jesus was set to depart the earth for Heaven. The essence of the Holy Spirit and its operation in the life of any Christian is what necessitates the question above.

The Holy Spirit's role in the life of a Christian is as important as the word of God. Without the word of God, a Christian lives without the understanding of what it means to live a Godly life. The Holy Spirit is a part of the Trinity and if a Christian pays much attention to the father and the son, then he/she is missing out on a vital relationship.

The relevance of the Holy Spirit is as important as a teacher or a mentor in explaining a subject or showing a student the way. You will agree with me that no matter how brilliant a student is, he/she will do better when an instructor that understands them guides him/her.

The Holy Spirit is more than an instructor. Philip and the story of the Ethiopian Eunuch establish this fact. Philip was placed on the path of the Ethiopian Eunuch as instructed by the Holy Spirit. He helped to teach the Ethiopian eunuch about Christ death and his resurrection. As a Christian, if you must grow in the knowledge of God, you must be willing to seek interpretation of the scripture from the Holy Spirit no matter your understanding of the language in which the scripture is written.

The power of the Holy Spirit is duly expressed in our conscience and sub-conscious. Beyond understanding the dos and don’ts of Christianity, the Holy Spirit makes us realize the reason why living a righteous life is important. It is not a matter of too much arguments or trying to justify reality and its burdens but it is about fulfilling our role as Disciples of Christ in this world.

The truth is that Christianity is beyond being ethically complaint. It is a call to grow beyond the ephemeral knowledge of this world and its operations. It is embracing the mystery of salvation and its prime place as a change agent in our lives and the world in general.

The work of the Holy Spirit must not be underestimated especially in this time and as we head into a New Year. While some may treat New Year resolutions as trivial, I will encourage you to give the Holy Spirit a prime place in your life this year and onwards. When you do, then you will understand what abundant grace means

I don't think anyone needs the holy Spirit cos only the father is omniscient according to the Bible.

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matthew 24:36

Sin against the father or son can be forgiven but not against the spirit!

Matthew 12:30-32: "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, any sin and blasphemy can be forgiven. But blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Please who has the holy Spirit here should help me ask him about the arrival date of Jesus Christ. He's taking too long contrary to what he said here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5614036/jesus-made-mistake-2nd-arrival

(1) (Reply)

Instrumentalist Needed Urgently At A Redeemed Church In Ajah / South Sudan President Takes Tb Joshua’s Counsel, Compromises For The Sake Of Pea / RCCG Sunday School Students Manual , Sunday 16th February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.