Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You (82726 Views)

See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? / What Is The Salary Structure Of The Nigerian Immigration Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
It's not too bad in a country where over 70% are unemployed and considering that accommodation and transportation are free for them.

I won't do it though especially now that there's no more chance of becoming a president through that route.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by cuba62(m): 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2020
sparog:
This can't be true

The pay is so small

It seems only the politicians and oil workers are enjoying this Nigeria
politicians and religious leaders.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Drabrah(m): 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2020
GOFRONT:
So this is what those new recruits that were constituting Nuisance on the Third mainland bridge last tuesday earns??

Those ones never even enter payroll proper. They're cadets. Na pocket money dem dey collect
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by oksmart: 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
They don't know.
Ceenelly:
my brother naija mentality, they see all army, police etc has o level holders, they don't know they are more graduate there than many other federal agencies.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Urakhai(m): 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
omlueh:
Please I want to know if this is their NET Pay or GROSS Pay. Abeg
Gross pay. It's even less than that in some instances.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
oksmart:
So you think most of these modern soldiers are not educated??. This is 2020 not 1980, most of the guys getting enlisted into the Army now are mostly graduates. One girl came to my house the other day and told me this rubbish when I showed her a glimpse of my credentials she was shocked.

Thats good, as you can see commisioned officers earn far more better salaries than the non-commisioned officers.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Wizywiz(m): 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
Culin:
Please post that of Navy, I want to check something wink
u wan check how much the guy the earn abi chai women grin
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Coolgent(m): 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
Meanwhile teacher on level 8 is receiving a meager 45k as monthly salary
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Teenaira: 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
Lucid1:
I don't understand most of these comments, how's that pay too small? They're also entitled to accommodation and medicals (+dependants)

We are just exposing ourselves to unnecessary risk in this country. You trained some people to secure you and give them arms then you are paying them peanuts and you believe you are safe.

Infact, is it not very easy for bokoharam strategist to engage the services of this people ? I believe Buhari should be seriously bothered if this is true. At least now that we have this bokoharam challenge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Mac2016(m): 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mile18:
not as Rossy as I thought.
Don't be deceived,it is more rosy than you think
How much is Buhari salary if you know you know grin

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2020
comshots:
Do you mean a private soldier earn more than a lecturer in the university?

Graduate Assistant = sub lieutenant. Yes! They earn more
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by mysteryman2014: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mile18:
If you are planning to join the Nigerian Army and you will like to know how much they earn, it is important you read and share this post with friends and family.

When you take a look at the Nigerian Armed Forces, the Nigerian Army is the largest component. They help to defend, protect, and honor Nigeria.

Joining the Nigerian Army is not as easy as you think and is like not the ordinary job out there because while everybody is sleeping and enjoying themselves, an average Nigerian Soldier is out there in the Sambisa Forest fighting Boko Haram.

With this Kind of job one expects that an average soldier to be earning big but the case is not like that.

So with the danger and lot of inconveniences associated with the job, how much do you think an average Nigerian soldier earns?

Below is the new salary structure for non-commissioned officers in the Nigerian Army.

.After the increase, a private Soldier now earns about N48,000-N49,000

. A Lance Corporal Salary is about N54,000-N55,000
. A Corporal new salary is N58,000

. A Sergeant in the Nigerian Army earns about N63,000

. Staff Sergeant earns N68,000

. Warrant Officer earns N80,000

. Master Warrant Officer earns N90,000

For Commissioned Officers in the Nigerian Army, below are the ranks and how much they earn

. A Second Lieutenant earns about N120,000

. A Lieutenant in the Nigerian army collects about N180,000

. For a Captain in the Nigerian army, the new salary is N220,000

. The new salary of a Major in the Nigerian army is N300,000

. A Lt. Colonel collects about N350,000
. A Colonel earns N550,000

. Brigadier General's new salary structure is N750,000
. A Major General earns about N950,000

. Lt. General in the Nigerian army earns around N1 million

.Finally the new salary structure for a General is abut N1.5 million

What do you think about this new salary structure? Do you think it is worth the nature of this job compare to what our politicians earn? Don't forget to share with people that will need this information.

This am sure are just the basic salary. What about all the other allowances? Factor them in and get the true picture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Culin(f): 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Wizywiz:
u wan check how much the guy the earn abi chai women grin

Lol nothing wrong with knowing Bae's salary, although it will be rude to ask. tongue

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Mac2016(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
Culin:
Please post that of Navy, I want to check something wink
You wanna check for one of your toasters? grin

Their scale is the same dear just that their titles are different in levels
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Neddyogu(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
No wonder those privates absconded with their General's dough. Btw are those spooks still in the wind?
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by seunfape(m): 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
Anything salary they vex me .
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by abdullkabar(m): 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
Compared to senators salary, this is extremely poor(with the nature of their job)
Even poorer
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Culin(f): 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mac2016:

You wanna check for one of your toasters? grin

Their scale is the same dear just that their titles are different in levels

tongue

Ok I get.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Charliewyt: 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
sparog:
This can't be true

The pay is so small

It seems only the politicians and oil workers are enjoying this Nigeria

Bros thats true.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Ajibade123(m): 7:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
This is so bad 54k for the people facing you
see how to achieve customer satisfaction with these tips https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-achieve-customer-satisfaction/
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Ajibade123(m): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
see how to achieve customer satisfaction with these tips https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-achieve-customer-satisfaction/
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by happney65: 7:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
BitmapStudios:

My brother, if you're not kind to your mai guard, he will be the one to invite robbers to you house. Little wonder there are sabotages even in the ongoing op Lafiya Dole in the NE. I remember Col. Abu of 272 Task Force Tank Battalion vividly.
I want to believe that's their basic salary scale. I stand to be corrected though.
One thing I know is, most lobby for overseas operations like peace keeping and training missions. And that's the way they break even. If they choose not to compromise.
cool

"if you're not kind to your mai guard, he will be the one to invite robbers to you house. Little wonder there are sabotages even in the ongoing op Lafiya Dole in the NE"

Say no more!
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
Teenaira:

We are just exposing ourselves to unnecessary risk in this country. You trained some people to secure you and give them arms then you are paying them peanuts and you believe you are safe.

Infact, is it not very easy for bokoharam strategist to engage the services of this people ? I believe Buhari should be seriously bothered if this is true. At least now that we have this bokoharam challenge.

Ask around, ask about other countries security agents, the primary motivation should be patriotism not money. The added incentives should complement the pay, which by Nigeria's standards isn't too bad.

The incentives are medical cover for family and dependants, affordable housing, job security, low tuition for dependants and self development etc. I'm thinking out of the box here
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Ten06(m): 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2020
So the one with the rank of General is their Dangote
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by anonimi: 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mile18:
For Commissioned Officers in the Nigerian Army, below are the ranks and how much they earn

What do you think about this new salary structure? Do you think it is worth the nature of this job compare to what our politicians earn? Don't forget to share with people that will need this information.

So how did liar liar Buratai save from his old salary through the ranks to buy many mega million dollar villas in Dubai?
Barawo bubu and his 40 thieves cabal are bloody looters like Abacha their thieving hero.

General Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment As Chief Of Army Staff

General Tukur Yusuf Buratai bought a second choice property in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, days after his appointment as Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS), an investigation by SaharaReporters has revealed.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/27/general-buratai-bought-second-dubai-property-days-after-appointment-chief-army-staff

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3900895_tmpfbimg14671496201601359061659_jpeg16b35e0420df707155480a7e11564764

Buratai: The Dubai Landlord And His Magic Of 'Personal Savings' By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu

Buratai’s narrative is a reconstruction of the reality of a theft meant to extricate the thief from his anti-social deed.

Thanks to a recent revelation that exposed the two mansions he procured in Dubai while serving as the Director of Procurement at the Defense Headquarters, the character of Lt. General Tukur Yusuf Buratai, the present Chief of Army Staff of Nigeria, has become fuller and rounder.

Before now, Buratai was a single story persona. He was definitively profiled as the civilian-hating author of the massacre and mass burial of 347 Shiites in Zaria. Now he has revealed that he is more than a waster of blood: He is also an extraordinary saver of treasure!

By way of defense, Buratai chalked up his ownership of 120 million naira houses in Dubai to his capacity for thrift. He said he grew his widow’s mite. He saved and saved and saved his salaries…until he had enough foreign exchange to make himself a double landlord in the United Arab Emirates!

Taken at face value, this is an inspiring tale. It’s a powerful object lesson in parsimony. It teaches that all things are possible to an everyday person if he can define a goal for himself, tame his appetite, and practices the discipline of delayed gratification.

Except that the tale is intrinsically false. It is not a testimony of prudence - by any stretch of the imagination.

Buratai’s narrative is a reconstruction of the reality of a theft meant to extricate the thief from his anti-social deed. His widow's mite saving is a patent lie. It is an incredible truth told by a desperate robber who is less eager to expiate his crime than he is to justify his possession of the stolen goods.

Buratai told an incongruous legend. The cost of his two Dubai mansions is not a sum of the savings of the unspent fraction of his soldier's salary. He couldn’t have possibly bought the houses that are significantly above his earning with his wages. He procured the house some other way he is not proud to divulge.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/28/buratai-dubai-landlord-and-his-magic-personal-savings-emmanuel-uchenna-ugwu

Buratai bought Dubai properties with personal savings — Army

The Nigerian Army has denied media reports that the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, and his two wives acquired a property in Dubai and paid for it in a single transaction.

The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, said in a statement on Saturday that while it was true that the Buratai family had two properties in Dubai, they were bought with personal savings in 2013.

https://punchng.com/buratai-bought-dubai-properties-personal-savings-army/

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Ajibade123(m): 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
From brigadier General above,the salary structure is wrong am telling you the fact,there is a huge difference in the salary of a colonel and brigadier Gen. And above.
Mile18:
If you are planning to join the Nigerian Army and you will like to know how much they earn, it is important you read and share this post with friends and family.

When you take a look at the Nigerian Armed Forces, the Nigerian Army is the largest component. They help to defend, protect, and honor Nigeria.

Joining the Nigerian Army is not as easy as you think and is like not the ordinary job out there because while everybody is sleeping and enjoying themselves, an average Nigerian Soldier is out there in the Sambisa Forest fighting Boko Haram.

With this Kind of job one expects that an average soldier to be earning big but the case is not like that.

So with the danger and lot of inconveniences associated with the job, how much do you think an average Nigerian soldier earns?

Below is the new salary structure for non-commissioned officers in the Nigerian Army.

.After the increase, a private Soldier now earns about N48,000-N49,000

. A Lance Corporal Salary is about N54,000-N55,000
. A Corporal new salary is N58,000

. A Sergeant in the Nigerian Army earns about N63,000

. Staff Sergeant earns N68,000

. Warrant Officer earns N80,000

. Master Warrant Officer earns N90,000

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2020
I am not impressed with the salary neither am I sympathetic to the plight of the soldiers. Rather, I am sympathetic to the cause and plights of numerous unemployed people in Nigeria who are struggling to survive. Recurrent expenditure is already killing us.

Nobody on this thread and on the threads of minimum wage agitators discussed the suffering of the unemployed masses. Those who work for government are sure of their salary no matter how little it is, it is stable and pensionable. There is also corruption avenue for those who are lucky and those who are smart.

You are talking about small salary, minimum wage and pensions, what about the survival of Nigerians that are jobless and casual workers in factories?

If government use all her resources on recurrent expenditure and use part of the loans taken for capital expenditure to finance wages, how would an enabling environment for private sector be created.

Now the most comfortable and stable people in Nigeria are civil servants. Stable job and stable salary.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Brightest04(m): 8:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
And those lazy pot belly and flowing babariga in national Assembly and house of assembly earn more for rubbing us all.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Ucheboss: 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
please always endeavor to research very well before posting anything on this forum. I am a soldier. Those figures, though close but are incorrect. From private to Sgt are correct but from staff Sgt to MWO are incorrect. Then from 2lieutnant to general are correct. Though all the figures posted are old salaries. The new minimum wage is yet to take effect
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Liljeez(m): 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
GOFRONT:
So this is what those new recruits that were constituting Nuisance on the Third mainland bridge last tuesday earns??

Not quite. Those guys were NDA cadets, and would just be receiving monthly allowances from the Defense headquarters. However, they spend just 5 years in the NDA, and on graduation, they become sub-lieutenants.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Johans1991: 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
Nigeria is the worst country to be a soldier.
infact inside that useless salary,they are still expected to buy their uniform and other kits.
i regrate ever ever ever .... ....
BUHARI realy disappointed the nigerian soldiers. when he was comming ,the soldiers thought as a retired general he will look unto the welfare of the men but this is 5yrs nothing is added to the salaries.
Non of my children will ever wear that useless uniform.GODFORBID

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) / Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / Man Spotted Love Machine In Their Office Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.