Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience (41916 Views)

Wholesale Iphone Screens At Good Price You Can Buy And Resell / We Do DIESEL Supply For The Best Price You Can Get Anywhere / How To Pay For Facebook And Instagram Ads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by Rapmoney(m): 9:22am On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=inspector1 post=85574378][/quote]

Sorry for that, bro.
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 07, 2020
PointZerom:
If you don't trust an artisan and his/her price, go elsewhere. Never be tempted to try buy materials for yourself".

I disagree with you on this. I buy almost everything by myself. All I needed from him is the type of material he wants and if I make my purchase and he rejects it I will tell him to use it like that or fvck out.

I am into building materials two of my senior brothers are into auto parts and electronics/electrical parts so it is almost impossible for any artisan to beat me in the game.

He is talking to novice like us who knows next to nothing about mechanical parts and building materials.
And not to you people who deal in them and sell to us; and ARE THEREFORE IN COHORTS AND COLLUSION WITH THE ARTISANS TO CHEAT US.

1 Like

Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by ffo(m): 10:10am On Jan 07, 2020
realstars:

Thank you, but that money was of help to me at that time.

the money can only meet temporal needs, what happens after then? what about the permanent needs? what about heaven? what about rapture?
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by Shedrack777: 10:16am On Jan 07, 2020
PointZerom:
If you don't trust an artisan and his/her price, go elsewhere. Never be tempted to try buy materials for yourself".

I disagree with you on this. I buy almost everything by myself. All I needed from him is the type of material he wants and if I make my purchase and he rejects it I will tell him to use it like that or fvck out.

I am into building materials two of my senior brothers are into auto parts and electronics/electrical parts so it is almost impossible for any artisan to beat me in the game.
Lol, seriously, you make me to laugh. Guy, you've been cheated countless times. Keep deceiving yourself. Bye bye
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by Emdee590(m): 10:28am On Jan 07, 2020
erico2k2:

These kinds of carpenters will always be the underdog when it comes to roofing, they can't even roof their own houses, be honest and see how Nature makes its way in your life in your chosen profession!
Gbam ! You have said it all.
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by erico2k2(m): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2020
IamCookie:

You shouldn't have quoted the whole write-up just to respond. Simply reply and everyone will get your point(s). You have a good point ,though.
Thank U [b]Kogi state [/b]people, just let me remind U, I owe U no apology as to what I post, u are at liberty not to read it!
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by Angeldada55(m): 2:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
PointZerom:

You think that everyone is as mumu as ..
90% of the phones I have used I didn't buy them here in Nigeria.. In fact I have four phones now in my wardrobe..all given to me by friends and relatives that came home from Europe and America this Christmas.

I repeat, No artisan can beat me in this game.

I hear you o �
Se na you dey sew your clothes by your sef ?
Abi na YOUR PIPU dey treat you if you should fall sick...perhaps, you never fall sick before sef, so no need to go see doctor.

Hmmm...some pipu kuku know everything for this life. Dem be God on dia own !!!

Wait make hand meet you...
No just come nairaland begin cry for epp ooo.

Mtcheeew

Iffa talk again, e go be like pesin dey look for trouble.

I rest my case !!!
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by tot(f): 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2020
NoToPile:
But what of honest customers who just want good quality and take the carpenters there to choose the best so just pay on the spot and load into the vehicles but they still collide with the sellers to rip of the customer.

It happened to my mum once. This man was the trusted carpenter, handled all the carpentry work of the house from foundation down to roofing, whatever he recommended as good was what she bought, she just pays the seller.

So it got to the doors level as usual they went to pako together and he stated the one that was okay, price was haggle they all negotiated together and they agreed on a particular amount and she paid, and the doors was loaded about 20 doors or more.

The next day, she now remembered she wanted to buy a key for the house she's presently staying( she stayed with one of my cousins living in the area the project was) she bought the keyset and then just out of curiosity prices the same door from the same seller and low and behold the asking price for each door was about 3- 4000 naira lower than the amount they bought the guy didn't recognize her she now introduced herself the guy was shocked to the marrow then the elders there were now like that's what we always warn them about blabla.

She just called the carpenter and told him thank you for purchasing at xyz price loool. This was like 8 years ago. Meanwhile my cousin that introduced him to mum told her that she shouldn't use him again because he had changed that she noticed it when she recommended him for another roofing project around but because he roofed her place 2 years before that she still trusted him so she withdrew him from the job and future contracts.

This is someone that because he does a good job he charges slightly higher than others but peeps still don't mind. He lost his customers in that area.

The point still is at the end of the day, nature still has a way of collecting it back. Few months later he fell from scaffolding and broke his legs, that was the beginning of his problems he never recovered since then and the said house has been completed since.

Personally I would never take any artisan to buy anything, lots of them are rogues.

Very true. Unfortunately, some people seem to only think short term and they pay for it.

1 Like

Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by IamCookie(f): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
erico2k2:

Thank U [b]Kogi state [/b]people, just let me remind U, I owe U no apology as to what I post, u are at liberty not to read it!

Evening sir. What you posted isn't the issue but 'how'. I expected to see ,"Noted" from you cos you have been on Nairaland for a while... Anyway, people are different! Have a pleasant day.
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by Ballack1(m): 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=MISSCONGENIALITY post=85573023] but is that how it supposed to be. How can you say someone following you to the market to buy things for his own work is making the artisan stupid.
The only time you should blame a customer is if you work and he doesn't pay you or pays you less than what you two agreed on.
Some artisans are so wicked that they will steal from you more than what you are even paying them. And when they meet someone who already know their trick they begin to do a substandard job or waste the materials out of bitterness.[
Some will not pay the agreed price.they often see artisans as illiterates who can be exploited easily
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:24pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=Ballack1 post=85589332][/quote] That's not true. Not all artisans are illiterate and most illiterate ones are still good in what they are doing.
But the question is, should they steal from their customers because they are seen as illiterates.
This has nothing to do with illiteracy. Most of them might not be university graduate but they have the knowledge of how to dupe, and steal from their clients.
Why not just charge and forget about how much the person buys his materials.
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:
Nonsense, nothing like the price you pay for blah blah blah...

If you know the right place to get the goods/products and how to go about it, then you're good to go and also if you get good workmen and ensure you monitor them when buying the goods/products.
I would have given you one important scope to use when going to the market to get materials for work with your workman but I don't want to spoil their biz.

It seems you don't know that some of these workmen use substandard goods/products to do work even when the owners of the works pay them well

Abeg, share the scope. I need to learn
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by Ballack1(m): 9:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=MISSCONGENIALITY post=85592682] That's not true. Not all artisans are illiterate and most illiterate ones are still good in what they are doing.
But the question is, should they steal from their customers because they are seen as illiterates.
This has nothing to do with illiteracy. Most of them might not be university graduate but they have the knowledge of how to dupe, and steal from their clients.
Why not just charge and forget about how much the person buys his materials.
My sister , corruption is everywhere.Even those in government steal our money
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by kikilove(f): 9:47am On Jan 08, 2020
donproject:

Want to be friend
friends it is
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
kikilove:
friends it is

Question or correction
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by kikilove(f): 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2020
donproject:

Question or correction
try nd understand it the way I did urs
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 09, 2020
kikilove:
try nd understand it the way I did urs

I like you already...
Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by kikilove(f): 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
donproject:

I like you already...
thank u I like me too

1 Like

Re: The Price You Pay For Looking For Cheap Things -an Experience by id4sho(m): 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2021
[quote author=inspector1 post=85574378][/quote] Boss, I sent you a PM. check it bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) / 6 Ways To Make Money In Nigeria This Christmas / Which Bank ATM Works For International Transaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.