Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

My Passport Was Renewed For Only 5 Months - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Passport Was Renewed For Only 5 Months (983 Views)

America Is Good Oh! Only 5 Years Here & I Am Already Worth $60+K In Investments / My Passport Was With Agent For 3years, How Can I Collect It From Him? / Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Passport Was Renewed For Only 5 Months by beejaei: 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
I sent my passport to the Nigerian Embassy in DC for renewal. The website says it will be renewed for 5 years. It came back to me with a stamp saying it had been renewed till April 2011. Why is this? And what should i do?
Re: My Passport Was Renewed For Only 5 Months by justwise(m): 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2010
beejaei:

I sent my visa to the Nigerian Embassy in DC for renewal. The website says it will be renewed for 5 years. It came back to me with a stamp saying it had been renewed till April 2011. Why is this? And what should i do?

Visa or Passport?
Re: My Passport Was Renewed For Only 5 Months by beejaei: 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2010
Sorry, I meant passport.
Re: My Passport Was Renewed For Only 5 Months by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2010
beejaei:

Sorry, I meant passport.

I thought as much.  The old passport(machine-readable) was supposed to be phased out this Dec but was extended to June or July 2011, if that is the one u are holding then you need to get the e-passport but if you are holding the e-passport, you are supposed to be given the required 5yrs.
Re: My Passport Was Renewed For Only 5 Months by beejaei: 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2010
So why did they make me get this one first and not the e-passport directly? (Stupid people always looking for how to fleece customers). How soon can I apply for the e-passport and how much does it cost?
Re: My Passport Was Renewed For Only 5 Months by justwise(m): 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2010
beejaei:

So why did they make me get this one first and not the e-passport directly? (silly people always looking for how to fleece customers). How soon can I apply for the e-passport and how much does it cost?

You will get all the info in their website. In the UK it cost about $65 or there about.

Just visit their website for info.
Re: My Passport Was Renewed For Only 5 Months by Yorubah(m): 8:44am On Dec 05, 2010
You don't have to be worried that is how its renewed mostly when there are still empty pages on your passport.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Usa Visa At An Amazing Offer; No Down Payment Required. / UK Fiancée Visa Requirements / Dana Air Crash: Accident Investigationbureau Submit Preliminary Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.