Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. (2074 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Anon9876: 9:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hey everyone. I’m a successful business woman in Nigeria and I make nothing less than 10M a year from my businesses. I’ve been thinking of relocating abroad, part of my 2020 goals but recently, been having second thoughts.

I have millions of naira in a fixed account and my businesses are doing really well I have no reason to relocate for ‘greener pastures’ as my grass is already green and been really thinking of sitting my a*s back in Nigeria and looking after my businesses myself.
However, I don’t like the system in this country at all. Nothing works. Low quality of life and there’s a ridiculously low life expectancy as well. If I code this minute and I need urgent health care, I kid you not I might die and we all know why - Bad roads, corruption, bad government.

Still, I’m confused. Should I stay back and concentrate on my businesses and take vacations abroad or should I relocate for a better quality of life? One thing I don’t want is my kids given birth to and raised in Nigeria.

If I decide to relocate, my money won’t really go far in the country I choose to relocate to due to naira/dollar unfavorable rates, tax, and bills upon bills. I won’t be as rich as I am now in this country but I will be comfortable.

My parents see living abroad as a big deal but I don’t know if they will see being rich here as the ultimate( they don’t know about my wealth yet)

I would really need your inputs, the visa won’t be an issue, I have enough to keep trying again till I get it. Should I stay in Nigeria, live in a nice estate that provides comfort and luxury(in a not so good enough country where an illness like malaria can kill me due to the bad health care system) or should I relocate for a better quality of life?

If I choose to relocate, I’m thinking my businesses won’t be the same, no one will handle it like the owner or am I wrong? Dangote and other rich people don’t live in Nigeria and they still make their money right?
Hufff! So confused.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Kampack: 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
Liar!

Attention seeker

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
Why not invest your money abroad. I am not an expert but there's a path to citizenship in most developed countries through investments. Study the stock exchange markets of advanced countries and also look at their real estate. It won't be like throwing away money at least like Nigeria's case.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by mekuso89(m): 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
Onye iberibe
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Coder2Client(m): 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
Best wishes!
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by adolfHitler1934: 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
My dear this is a very hard decision to make. You may decide to port and things wont be same, especially due to exchange rate as you pointed out. You any also decide to stay in Nigeria and regret it later because we dont have a stable system. You may be rich today and become poor and the area where your business flourish becomes closed....I have seen this situation happen many times.

Meanwhile, your decision may be based on the following event....

WW2 is about to begin. Adolf Hitler have just invaded Austria and the Nazi Army have occupied Vienna.
This war will change the balance of power. There will be a new world order. The UN is about to be born.

This is the mother of all wars.....

Brace up for impact!
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by JunctionBox: 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
Anon9876:
Hey everyone. I’m a successful business woman in Nigeria and I make nothing less than 10M a year from my businesses. I’ve been thinking of relocating abroad, part of my 2020 goals but recently, been having second thoughts.

I have millions of naira in a fixed account and my businesses are doing really well I have no reason to relocate for ‘greener pastures’ as my grass is already green and been really thinking of sitting my a*s back in Nigeria and looking after my businesses myself.
However, I don’t like the system in this country at all. Nothing works. Low quality of life and there’s a ridiculously low life expectancy as well. If I code this minute and I need urgent health care, I kid you not I might die and we all know why - Bad roads, corruption, bad government.

Still, I’m confused. Should I stay back and concentrate on my businesses and take vacations abroad or should I relocate for a better quality of life? One thing I don’t want is my kids given birth to and raised in Nigeria.

If I decide to relocate, my money won’t really go far in the country I choose to relocate to due to naira/dollar unfavorable rates, tax, and bills upon bills. I won’t be as rich as I am now in this country but I will be comfortable.

My parents see living abroad as a big deal but I don’t know if they will see being rich here as the ultimate( they don’t know about my wealth yet)

I would really need your inputs, the visa won’t be an issue, I have enough to keep trying again till I get it. Should I stay in Nigeria, live in a nice estate that provides comfort and luxury(in a not so good enough country where an illness like malaria can kill me due to the bad health care system) or should I relocate for a better quality of life?

If I choose to relocate, I’m thinking my businesses won’t be the same, no one will handle it like the owner or am I wrong? Dangote and other rich people don’t live in Nigeria and they still make their money right?
Hufff! So confused.

Believing all you have put up there, if I were in your shoe, I would have relocated notwithstanding whatever consequences.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Anon9876: 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
Kampack:
Liar!

Attention seeker

You are here calling someone an attention instead of thinking of how you can hustle and make yours as well. Ah, I’ve met many like you and I watch from afar the paths you all take. Hating won’t put food on your table brother. I will let this slide, you can shoot me a PM if you want to know how I’ve achieved all this. You welcome.

3 Likes

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by adolfHitler1934: 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
Kampack:
Liar!

Attention seeker
Dont die young because of bad belle o. Heart attack can lead to stroke and paralysis which can also lead to the ultimate....death.

Be careful wokem!
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by bomasek(m): 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2020
Anon9876:

You are here calling someone an attention instead of thinking of how you can hustle and make yours as well. Ah, I’ve met many like you and I watch from afar the paths you all take. Hating won’t put food on your table brother. I will let this slide, you can shoot me a PM if you want to know how I’ve achieved all this. You welcome.
Abeg which biz u dey do
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by NairaLuck: 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
Anon9876:

Hufff! So confused.

Just sponsor me na � plus, move to Norway or Finland
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Runtown07: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2020
Please i have been looking for a lucrative business to do., can u guide me on the one u are doing now. I have 700k to start with, someone is saying i should do building material., please i need to hear from you thank u.post=85595128]Hey everyone. I’m a successful business woman in Nigeria and I make nothing less than 10M a year from my businesses. I’ve been thinking of relocating abroad, part of my 2020 goals but recently, been having second thoughts.

Hufff! So confused.[/quote]
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Runtown07: 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2020

Hufff! So confused.[/quote] pls can u assist assist me with any lucrative biz to do with 700k., looking forward to hear from u, thanks.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by movingclouds(m): 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
Anon9876:

Hufff! So confused.
Please, can I be your apprentice?
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by FreeMejoor1(m): 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
Anon9876:

we need to know more cause you have attracted the ants to your sugar
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by jeejo: 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
Anon9876:

Hufff! So confused.

SMH at the gullible ones who believe such a poorly concocted tale.
Self-mades don't nag about their country or seek attention from a public forum like this.

1 Like

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by austine4real(m): 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2020
Oga Anon I will advise u to travel out first,study the country u wish to move too ,

After sometime u can now decide to move permanently.

Do just go like that cos things mght change unexplainable and unexpected
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by kelvindj98: 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
10 million kor 50 Kobo ni.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by CutieKing: 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
Who told you Dangote lives abroad?...
You are yet to travel even for vacation to experience first hands reality yet you want to throw away your source of livelihood which once lost may never be recovered again.
Grass is not always greener on the other side....take heed reason wisely.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Phelixblaq(m): 12:00am On Jan 08, 2020
Kampack:
Liar!

Attention seeker

You are right , everything is a lie to a broke ass mofos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Paulson1986: 5:31am On Jan 08, 2020
Travel on a vacation first, and you must have you your dream countries ,study there policies a bit here in Nigeria before going, check the the ease of doing business there as a foreigner, then you can come back, atleast you you can afford the first trip considering you annual income here, i understand you ..not every nigerian like to stay and live in this country permanently ,every body has a choice , but ensure your business is secured, you may travel out and find out been more happy outside Nigeria.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by WhoBeThisMan: 5:44am On Jan 08, 2020
Anon9876:

Hufff! So confused.
your business may be doing well right now, but what's the future in your line of business? You know how Nigerian business climate can be. That's a question you have to answer yourself.

And trust me that nice estate with "luxury" you live in now is just one normal place abroad and to add to that, you will live in an environment where government fiction properly, good school for children, good roads, stable power, no kidnapping, peace of mind, etc

Well all these depends on the country you are relocating to.

But then again, I don't know how old you are , but you can give birth in south America and have their permanent residence. That way if things don't work out here or there is s problem, you relocate sharp sharp.
.Just my thought though.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Gerrard59(m): 5:54am On Jan 08, 2020
Anon9876:

Hufff! So confused.

At the bold, as revenue or profit? If it's the latter, fantastic! I suggest you invest such into dollarised investment vehicles to guard against devaluation (the naira has never appreciated against the dollar) and further expansion of your businesses with the long term goal of ensuring these businesses thrive without your active presence so that you could retire early. If it's the former (turnover), you should still think of expanding these businesses. The market expansion is if you are in your mid 30s and above, if within that age range, then there is no point relocating. Rather, use the time and opportunity to expand these businesses to outlive you into the next generation.

During this expansion, it's advisable you hedge yourself against future devaluation, national crises and a government with stoopid fiscal policies by registering these businesses in save havens (Singapore, Mauritius, Switzerland etc), sending profits overseas (Dangote plans same), getting a second citizenship etc. I don't know the sectors you play in but there are a lot of opportunities in Nigeria ready to be harnessed and are profitable only if they are played for the long term, appropriate marketing and the right pricing.

Regarding your kids born in Nigeria, you can do same in Brazil, Canada, Mexico or the US and they become citizens of any automatically (these countries have strong passports) and people raise their children in Nigeria provided you have the resources to create a sane environment for them. Should you expand your businesses, it means more revenue or profits and this provides you with resources to send your kids to some of the best secondary schools in the country. Think of Corona, Loyola Jesuits, BIS, Atlantic Hall etc. and with the education they get there, proper home training and exposure (going to Loyola for instance brings forth the benefits of the right exposure), they can get into top universities abroad even on scholarships.

Kampack:
Liar!

Attention seeker

Well, if your accusation is based on the amount being made, there are people who make such in a day as revenue or more monthly. Heck, there are people who make such as salaries in a month in Nigeria. However, whether such people will come to Nairaland to seek for advice regarding staying back or going is another issue.

1 Like

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Sparrow0: 2:07am On Jan 09, 2020
This is exactly how crypto currency advertisers start

I didn't say anything o
I didn't quote anybody o

God bless you for understanding cheesy
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by jpride(m): 8:12am On Jan 09, 2020
Na u be Mrs Dangote....

#AudioMoney#

2 Likes

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by DexterousOne(m): 9:43am On Jan 09, 2020
jeejo:

SMH at the gullible ones who believe such a poorly concocted tale.
Self-mades don't nag about their country or seek attention from a public forum like this.

Not true

There was a professional on this forum two years back I believe that was making about 8m per annum (tho a professional) and was seeking advice in whether to try express entry or remain at his job in Nigeria
He was seeking constructive opinions

He is now in the process of going to Canada
That is if he is not there already

My point is

Not everyone here is a liar
Professionals and business people abound here
.Tho they are outnumbered by the riff raffs and the fools who were not raised well by their unfortunate parents.

That's my point

1 Like

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by DexterousOne(m): 9:47am On Jan 09, 2020
Sparrow0:
This is exactly how crypto currency advertisers start

I didn't say anything o
I didn't quote anybody o

God bless you for understanding cheesy

But really

What I see a lot of Nigerian youth do is very worrisome and STUPID

No one will teach you how to make money in his field; especially in a fundamentally wicked country like Nigeria, so you do not become competition to him

It's common sense

When I see statemenrs like

Pls show me the way

Teach me na

Show us love

I'm like undecided

What's wrong with you cheesy

When you see someone eager to "teach you his trade "

9/10
It's Fraud

People who do this should jettison such behaviour in 2020
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by DexterousOne(m): 9:49am On Jan 09, 2020
You have spoken well
Gerrard59:

At the bold, as revenue or profit? If it's the latter, fantastic! I suggest you invest such into dollarised investment vehicles to guard against devaluation (the naira has never appreciated against the dollar) and further expansion of your businesses with the long term goal of ensuring these businesses thrive without your active presence so that you could retire early. If it's the former (turnover), you should still think of expanding these businesses. The market expansion is if you are in your mid 30s and above, if within that age range, then there is no point relocating. Rather, use the time and opportunity to expand these businesses to outlive you into the next generation.

During this expansion, it's advisable you hedge yourself against future devaluation, national crises and a government with stoopid fiscal policies by registering these businesses in save havens (Singapore, Mauritius, Switzerland etc), sending profits overseas (Dangote plans same), getting a second citizenship etc. I don't know the sectors you play in but there are a lot of opportunities in Nigeria ready to be harnessed and are profitable only if they are played for the long term, appropriate marketing and the right pricing.

Regarding your kids born in Nigeria, you can do same in Brazil, Canada, Mexico or the US and they become citizens of any automatically (these countries have strong passports) and people raise their children in Nigeria provided you have the resources to create a sane environment for them. Should you expand your businesses, it means more revenue or profits and this provides you with resources to send your kids to some of the best secondary schools in the country. Think of Corona, Loyola Jesuits, BIS, Atlantic Hall etc. and with the education they get there, proper home training and exposure (going to Loyola for instance brings forth the benefits of the right exposure), they can get into top universities abroad even on scholarships.

Well, if your accusation is based on the amount being made, there are people who make such in a day as revenue or more monthly. Heck, there are people who make such as salaries in a month in Nigeria. However, whether such people will come to Nairaland to seek for advice regarding staying back or going is another issue.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by queengift(f): 11:31am On Jan 09, 2020
Please what kind of business do you do? am trying to raise money to travel. help a sister
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Zigdore: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Anon9876:

You achieved all this . Yet u can't make simple decision yourself.

2 Likes

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Zigdore: 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
queengift:
Please what kind of business do you do? am trying to raise money to travel. help a sister

Don't mind the op.
He is Attention seeker

1 Like

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria. by Sparrow0: 12:46am On Jan 11, 2020
DexterousOne:

But really

What I see a lot of Nigerian youth do is very worrisome and STUPID

No one will teach you how to make money in his field; especially in a fundamentally wicked country like Nigeria, so you do not become competition to him

It's common sense

When I see statemenrs like

Pls show me the way

Teach me na

Show us love

I'm like undecided

What's wrong with you cheesy

When you see someone eager to "teach you his trade "

9/10
It's Fraud

People who do this should jettison such behaviour in 2020
Ok. Noted sir cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Renewing Nigerian Passport In The US (NY Office) / Blackface Naija Travels To Malaysia / Any Out Door Recreational Activities For A Date Here In Enugu??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.