Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,524 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

These Are The Things You Need To Know About Facebook - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / These Are The Things You Need To Know About Facebook (456 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: 4 Shocking Things You Must Know About Facebook Likes And Follower / ‘sleeping Early Is For People Who Don’t Have Anything To Think About’ – Facebook / What Are The Things I Need To Start A Clothing Boutique Shop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

These Are The Things You Need To Know About Facebook by greatbalesh(m): 4:00am On Jan 08, 2020
Couple of days ago, I was having a gentle and mostly inspiring conversation with my brothers and you know how conversations quickly move from one topic to another and of the the topic was about the advent of Facebook and the huge obsession to it by every single youth while I was growing up just to own a Facebook account so I decided to write a piece about it. I remember when i first created my account then, I was so happy and even dreamt about it because it was all I could think of the whole day. Facebook also make it their obligations by sending us frequent text messages of likes, friend requests and so on just to keep us on their platform. Then if you press just "F" on Google, the first suggestion you will see is Facebook. With all these acts played by Facebook over the past decade, I'm not surprise they are where they are right now, are you?. They did things other social media cannot do and mostly did it smartly. Now with little or no competitors Facebook are doing things they promised not to do mostly about user data with no one to stop them.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-I1a4z3K_I1U/XhU9axNnPsI/AAAAAAAABrM/xzP22YccecMvZ51sc-Z_WLRPCL59XnIywCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/glen-carrie-ra4vJwxnvAo-unsplash.jpg[/img]

Facebook and your Private Messages

Your private messages aren’t really private. On a conference call with investors, Mark Zuckerberg explained that while “Facebook historically has focused on friends and public content” in targeting ads, “now, with Messenger and WhatsApp, we’re taking a couple of different approaches towards more private content as well.” In private conversations, many users share details that might seem insignificant, but can provide Facebook and its many partners with valuable insight into who you are. Your private conversations give Facebook information about how you use technology and what kinds of information you share on what platforms.

“Messenger Ads (ads placed in people’s Messenger home screen) use the same audience targeting options as Facebook ads,” a spokesperson says.

But hey, what can I say since the company earns about 85% of its money from advertising.

Also on a deep level, your phone microphone can be accessed (when given permission) and Facebook can listen to all your private audio conversation.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-phvjaGjcJTU/XhU5F4_twXI/AAAAAAAABqg/Y2rF2-BFlAMBk4KVv6YmR8NYA2LFltpNwCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/tony-liao-vlqOuSuc--A-unsplash.jpg[/img]

CONTINUE READING HERE

https://safewatermark..com/2020/01/facebook-light-in-our-shadow-or-shadow.html

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From The Huge Technology Job Cuts In 2019 / How To Make Every Marketing Dollar Count During A Crisis / 7 Stunning Importance Of Small Business Branding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.