Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It (7140 Views)

Onyeka Owenu: 'I Married A Yoruba Muslim In 1984 & We Have 2 Children' / Davido & All His Siblings With Their Father Family Photo In 90's (Throwback / Roman Goddess Shares Bedroom Photo In Undies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by 10mobile: 11:21am On Jan 08, 2020
Bill Gates was born in 1955 and the picture you see here is of him and Late Paul Allen in 1984. The two of them had started Microsoft in 1975. Simple arithmetic tells me that Gates was just 20 then. As for Paul Allen, he was born in 1953, two years earlier than Gates. But, in this picture, Allen looks much older - almost like 20 years older if I'm not mistaken.

Bill was younger, looked far younger but he clearly assumed a position of leadership over Allen.

Allen died in October 2018 while Bill Gates seems to be starting life now. He has even become a blogger.

After reflecting on the lives of these two successful Americans, I have learned a lot of lessons about lifestyle and genuine success. So, I am using this opportunity to share my lessons with fellow Nigerian youths because I see that it will help us in both life and career. I am sharing the lessons with you also in order to stamp them deeper into my own subconscious. You, decide what you will do with them.

To make the lessons effective, I will be taking my time off work to share them little by little on this space over the course of a month or so. So, anyone who is interested can subscribe to this post. I believe that, as we discuss these lessons, we will gain profound inspirations that will fire us up both individually and as a people. I see the future and it is VERY bright. Thank you.

LESSON ONE: DON'T LOOK DOWN ON YOUR PASSION/IDEA
Welcome back great African soul! I am talking to YOU as an individual. I have not addressed you this way in order to flatter you (I don't have time for flattery). Instead, I have addressed you this way because that's who you ACTUALLY are. How do I mean? To answer this question, let me start by confessing my 'sin'. Do you know why I did not start sharing these lessons from the beginning? This is the reason: I wanted it shared with only those FEW who value idea because, as Jesus said, "do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6) (DISCLAIMER: I am not a pastor and I am not religious though, but I know and love God who is the Truth. That's by the way).

The reason those dogs will fight you (rather than appreciate you) is that they do not know the value of sacred things and precious jewelry. Thus, they think you mean evil when you give them such a value. So, for YOU to know the value of knowledge enough to subscribe to this post, believe it or not, YOU are a GREAT SOUL waiting to manifest. And, without a single doubt, I know that what I share from now will help you manifest far faster than you ever thought possible from this 2020. But, you must be ready to READ thoroughly and to the END of each lesson. Readers are leaders as they say. Instead of you to waste your precious time in empty chatters that drag down your IQ level on Nairaland, why not invest it in this discussion that will SURELY transform your fortune beyond imagination from THIS VERY YEAR?

My fellow Africans, I tell you our major problem, the reason we are remaining slaves to the rest of the world from century to century: It is because the average African does not appreciate the value of idea just because idea is invisible and looks quite commonplace. Yet, all history proves that saying that "idea rules the world". So, Africa is not ruling the world all because Africa does not value knowledge and idea enough. "My people (Africans) perish for lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6). Africa will move forward only when enough of individual Africans begin to appreciate knowledge and idea enough. Well, this cannot really happen until you value YOUR OWN ideas enough. And what can we learn from Paul Allen and Bill Gates in this regard?

Let's go back to how Microsoft started. Conventional history tells us that Microsoft was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico. That's true when referring to the formal rolling out of the company. But, the real birthplace of the company is Lakeside High School in Seattle, Washington DC, where both Gates and Allen attended. Allen was 10 and Gates 8 when the BASIC programming language was first written at Dartmouth College in 1963. It was still a very new IDEA then. But Bill Gates, reading news about the future possibilities of BASIC in the magazines his dad bought, became very interested in the idea.

So, little Gates began to read more and more that he could lay his hands on on the topic of BASIC (Lesson: You can never LEAD if you are lazy to READ). Everyone probably thought little Bill Gates was being childish. But he kept going. Eventually, he was 13 and still in preparatory school when he wrote his first BASIC program. That was 5 years after the very first BASIC program was written at Dartmouth College. How did this happen? The Mothers' Club of his schools PTA just donated a printer for the school (which was very rare then). They also paid for the printer to be connected to a computer owned by General Electric (it was known as buying computer time because only big corporations owned computers then). So, little Bill Gates offered to be allowed to program the GE system in BASIC which was still a new idea. The school allowed him. He was even excused from math classes to enable him do that. He eventually used BASIC to write a game for his fellow students at Lakeside Preparatory School and this made him very famous in the school.

The computing fire Gates caught by reading his dad's magazine kept burning and increasing to the point that, when he eventually enrolled into the high school section of Lakeside, everyone identified him as 'the computing kid'. Although Paul Allen was Gates' senior, he liked him for that (while many people kept hating on Gates for 'showing off'). So, Allen befriended Gates. He was beginning to catch Gates' vision. He could do that also because he valued idea. No wonder Allen's 2011 memoir where he told some of these stories was entitled Idea Man: A Memoir By The Cofounder of Microsoft.

So, I tell you my fellow African, I mean YOU, what is your overwhelming passion? What ideas occur to you about how to make the life of your community or humanity better? Do not look down on it. Instead, realize that it is your tool to lead the pack. Realize also that the idea worth billions of dollars as that 'flimsy' idea back then in Gates' 10-year-old mind is the reason he is worth $109 billion today. But, far more important than money in his bank, it is the reason computers eventually became available to millions of ordinary people like you and me. That little idea has transformed a generation and keeps doing that.

TASKS FOR YOU
This is not 'my' post. It is 'our' post. So, let us try to make it as interactive as possible. Therefore, here are tasks I propose to help us stamp this lesson deeper down.
1. Look up the phrase 'imposter syndrome' on Google. It has something to do with this lesson at downright INDIVIDUAL level. Please, kindly share with us how imposter syndrome may have affected you in life?

2. What more inspiration can you add to this lesson?

3. Please, if you support, click here to help stop Microsoft from the proposed end of life (EOL) for Windows 7 scheduled for January 14, 2020. It is a page for those who prefer Windows 7 to Windows 10. It shows clearly why Windows 7 should not be phased out yet and how YOU could help to extend the life of our darling Windows 7. Thank you.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by popsy2(m): 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2020
Cool

3 Likes

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
Following...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
Quite thoughtful of you.

1 Like

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by MissSweet(f): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
following...but you haven't tell us what you have learnt.

3 Likes

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by hAlexandro(m): 1:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
grin PARKS BUS

1 Like

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by SniperSmurf(m): 2:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
Noted.

1 Like

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by Ovawise2020: 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
Following

1 Like

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by LOVEGINO(m): 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2020
1955 to 1984 and u said 20yrs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by Nadison1311(m): 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
LOVEGINO:
1955 to 1984 and u said 20yrs
1955 to 1975..

2 Likes

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by Veryfoolishboy: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
When you read about successful individuals, you tend to believe nothing is impossible for you to achieve.

What most people fail to realize is, these men while on the path to success took a lot of risk . Although What you categorize as risk varies according to you level of intelligence. Ask yourself, as old as you are what significant risk have you taken?
Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by Tejumola856: 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2020
Follow ,,,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by TheSourcerer: 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
If you go dey okay Las Las you go dey ok

1 Like

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by nwaobitex: 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2020
Mad o
Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by tobby20: 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2020
MissSweet:
following...but you haven't tell us what you have learnt.
The guy na fool na
Using bill gates name for cheap clout
Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2020
You can not share what you do not have.

Bill Gates is not your name.
Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by bluefilm: 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2020
Oga 10mobile, you no sabi wetin to share again, abi you don forget wetin you been wan share?

Nnaa na wa o!
Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
Vortex369:
You can not share what you do not have.

Bill Gates is not your name.

Out of everything you could have said.

1 Like

Re: See Bill Gate's Photo In 1984 And What I Learned From It by 10mobile: 6:41am On Jan 09, 2020
LESSON ONE: DON'T LOOK DOWN ON YOUR PASSION/IDEA
Welcome back great African soul! I am talking to YOU as an individual. I have not addressed you this way in order to flatter you (I don't have time for flattery). Instead, I have addressed you this way because that's who you ACTUALLY are. How do I mean? To answer this question, let me start by confessing my 'sin'. Do you know why I did not start sharing these lessons from the beginning? This is the reason: I wanted it shared with only those FEW who value idea because, as Jesus said, "do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6) (DISCLAIMER: I am not a pastor and I am not religious though, but I know and love God who is the Truth. That's by the way).

The reason those dogs will fight you (rather than appreciate you) is that they do not know the value of sacred things and precious jewelry. Thus, they think you mean evil when you give them such a value. So, for YOU to know the value of knowledge enough to subscribe to this post, believe it or not, YOU are a GREAT SOUL waiting to manifest. And, without a single doubt, I know that what I share from now will help you manifest far faster than you ever thought possible from this 2020. But, you must be ready to READ thoroughly and to the END of each lesson. Readers are leaders as they say. Instead of you to waste your precious time in empty chatters that drag down your IQ level on Nairaland, why not invest it in this discussion that will SURELY transform your fortune beyond imagination from THIS VERY YEAR?

My fellow Africans, I tell you our major problem, the reason we are remaining slaves to the rest of the world from century to century: It is because the average African does not appreciate the value of idea just because idea is invisible and looks quite commonplace. Yet, all history proves that saying that "idea rules the world". So, Africa is not ruling the world all because Africa does not value knowledge and idea enough. "My people (Africans) perish for lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6). Africa will move forward only when enough of individual Africans begin to appreciate knowledge and idea enough. Well, this cannot really happen until you value YOUR OWN ideas enough. And what can we learn from Paul Allen and Bill Gates in this regard?

Let's go back to how Microsoft started. Conventional history tells us that Microsoft was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico. That's true when referring to the formal rolling out of the company. But, the real birthplace of the company is Lakeside High School in Seattle, Washington DC, where both Gates and Allen attended. Allen was 10 and Gates 8 when the BASIC programming language was first written at Dartmouth College in 1963. It was still a very new IDEA then. But Bill Gates, reading news about the future possibilities of BASIC in the magazines his dad bought, became very interested in the idea.

So, little Gates began to read more and more that he could lay his hands on on the topic of BASIC (Lesson: You can never LEAD if you are lazy to READ). Everyone probably thought little Bill Gates was being childish. But he kept going. Eventually, he was 13 and still in preparatory school when he wrote his first BASIC program. That was 5 years after the very first BASIC program was written at Dartmouth College. How did this happen? The Mothers' Club of his schools PTA just donated a printer for the school (which was very rare then). They also paid for the printer to be connected to a computer owned by General Electric (it was known as buying computer time because only big corporations owned computers then). So, little Bill Gates offered to be allowed to program the GE system in BASIC which was still a new idea. The school allowed him. He was even excused from math classes to enable him do that. He eventually used BASIC to write a game for his fellow students at Lakeside Preparatory School and this made him very famous in the school.

The computing fire Gates caught by reading his dad's magazine kept burning and increasing to the point that, when he eventually enrolled into the high school section of Lakeside, everyone identified him as 'the computing kid'. Although Paul Allen was Gates' senior, he liked him for that (while many people kept hating on Gates for 'showing off'). So, Allen befriended Gates. He was beginning to catch Gates' vision. He could do that also because he valued idea. No wonder Allen's 2011 memoir where he told some of these stories was entitled Idea Man: A Memoir By The Cofounder of Microsoft.

So, I tell you my fellow African, I mean YOU, what is your overwhelming passion? What ideas occur to you about how to make the life of your community or humanity better? Do not look down on it. Instead, realize that it is your tool to lead the pack. Realize also that the idea worth billions of dollars as that 'flimsy' idea back then in Gates' 10-year-old mind is the reason he is worth $109 billion today. But, far more important than money in his bank, it is the reason computers eventually became available to millions of ordinary people like you and me. That little idea has transformed a generation and keeps doing that.

TASKS FOR YOU
This is not 'my' post. It is 'our' post. So, let us try to make it as interactive as possible. Therefore, here are tasks I propose to help us stamp this lesson deeper down.
1. Look up the phrase 'imposter syndrome' on Google. It has something to do with this lesson at downright INDIVIDUAL level. Please, kindly share with us how imposter syndrome may have affected you in life?

2. What more inspiration can you add to this lesson?

3. Please, if you support, click here to help stop Microsoft from the proposed end of life (EOL) for Windows 7 scheduled for January 14, 2020. It is a page for those who prefer Windows 7 to Windows 10. It shows clearly why Windows 7 should not be phased out yet and how YOU could help to extend the life of our darling Windows 7. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Susan Peters Strikes A Pose With Isabella Idibia (2face's Daughter) Cute! / This Throwback Photo Of Regina Daniels And Ini Edo Shows What Money Can / Jowizaza Buys Himself A 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybash S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.