Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call (94007 Views)

Dagrin’s Brother (TROD) Reveals Why Tunde Ednut Stopped Supporting Him / "I Want Olamide To Forgive Me" - Lyta Begs / Wizkid And Olamide To Hold 'MadeInLagos' Concert And 'OLIC5' Same Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by VahinHassan: 8:20am On Jan 09, 2020
[s]
post=85634732:

Gbam! wink
[/s]
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by chachanga: 8:21am On Jan 09, 2020
fidelmarshal199:

Dagrin didn't pave any way. it was just time for the indigenous style to bloom

Before the breakthrough of dagrin, we have been rocking contemporary acts from Peeps like 9ice, Asa, sheyman and Reminisce. Don't be shaded by sympathy to be judging what you know nothing about
On the local rappers scene, tell em bout Lord of Ajasa, NiggaRaw etc
We had them for every region. Those dudes who really stood abs refused to join the Idris AbdulKareem type fake accent bandwagon really gave boost to the Ibile movement till young uns came onboard. cool
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Soso990240(m): 8:34am On Jan 09, 2020
femi4:
You are the one with low IQ, before dagrin there was AY and Ajasa
I don't join in such an argument, but just know this. Ay and Lord of Ajasa never made songs like Dagrin. Dagrin Pon Pon was d biggest Rap song in Nigeria before his Death. Pls, apart from Lefenuso with 9ice, which Lord of Ajasa song blow for Nigeria? I be Igbo boy, but I started listening to Yoruba rap because of Dagrin. ID cabasa and Reminisce are intelligent, they had to capitalize on Dagrin style and void. ID cabasa made Olamide with dat style.

1 Like

Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by femi4: 8:41am On Jan 09, 2020
Soso990240:
I don't join in such an argument, but just know this. Ay and Lord of Ajasa never made songs like Dagrin. Dagrin Pon Pon was d biggest Rap song in Nigeria before his Death. Pls, apart from Lefenuso with 9ice, which Lord of Ajasa song blow for Nigeria? I be Igbo boy, but I started listening to Yoruba rap because of Dagrin. ID cabasa and Reminisce are intelligent, they had to capitalize on Dagrin style and void. ID cabasa made Olamide with dat style.
Ignorant!

O ti ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfdBfaavDjk

Before you reply again, read the youtube comments concerning the track
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Soso990240(m): 8:46am On Jan 09, 2020
femi4:
Ignorant!

O ti ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfdBfaavDjk

Before you reply again, read the youtube comments concerning the track
U don't know anything.. That you know d song mean say e blow? So this song is bigger than Pon Pon by Dagrin? guy be sincere to your life abeg..
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by femi4: 8:55am On Jan 09, 2020
Soso990240:
U don't know anything.. That you know d song mean say e blow? So this song is bigger than Pon Pon by Dagrin? guy be sincere to your life abeg..
Oh, its about if the song was bigger than pon pon now.

Thought the argument was whether Ajasa had a hit
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Ambber(f): 8:56am On Jan 09, 2020
MarianaTrench:
He should stop being so beggarly and fight to make a name for himself! angry

How easy is this without some form of mentor ship in any industry? It is not impossible but not easy
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by xcelentattitude(m): 8:59am On Jan 09, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

U see how you re disgracing your generation...

Am sure you know Olamide is among those that have stand the test of time

So this statement is correct......go school you no gree ......marlian

I wish I was the one disgracing my generation, then you won't have to look so foolish.

I was expecting you go through the statement made by the guy again, you didn't! Instead, you misquoted him again! You came up with your own sentence italicized above. Since you can't quote a statement properly without changing it to your own, I took my time to copy the original statement....

"Do you know most 9ja musicians except some very few can stand the test of time"

Now, replace 'stand' with 'stood' and see how good it sounds.

This is 2020, and I don't think you need to be going about parading your ignorance like you did in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Revolva(m): 8:59am On Jan 09, 2020
trod always lookign for attention
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Smellingrillmea: 9:01am On Jan 09, 2020
xcelentattitude:

I wish I was the one disgracing my generation, then you won't have to look so foolish.

I was expecting you go through the statement made by the guy again, you didn't! Instead, you misquoted him again! You came up with your own sentence italicized above. Since you can't quote a statement properly without changing it to your own, I took my time to copy the original statement....

"Do you know most 9ja musicians except some very few can stand the test of time"

Now, replace 'stand' with 'stood' and see how good it sounds.

This is 2020, and I don't think you need to be going about parading your ignorance like you did in 2019.

Read mofo
Read
Read

1 Like

Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by rhektor(m): 9:02am On Jan 09, 2020
wagazala:
Badoo should do this for the industry. Dagrin paved the way for y'all, show his fam some love. Plus the boy dey try.

Did you know about Lord of Ajasa, AY and hosts of other indegenous rappers? Don't say what you don't know
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by rhektor(m): 9:04am On Jan 09, 2020
Soso990240:

Ignorance
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by nairamaniac: 9:13am On Jan 09, 2020
2dice01:
lol grin

hope I pass my message sha cheesy
U did angry
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by VahinHassan: 9:18am On Jan 09, 2020
[s]
post=85634732:

Gbam! wink
[/s]
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by rhektor(m): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2020
daviesblaze:

Who were AY and Ajasa before Dagrin emerged??
Were they popular choice among the average Nigeria before dagrin??
Take your time and approach 20 millinials and ask them about Ay and Ajasa. I can guarantee you that only 5 percent out of this twenty will claim knowledge about this people.
But ask them about dagrin and see the magic. The spark that lits up in those eyes of theirs.

So bro before you post think.
You are smarter than this write up you just put up

That you don't know does not mean others don't know. Take chill pills man, AY and Ajasa has been in the game in fact they are a reason why Dagrin joined the game
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Ayobami7(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2020
下一个
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by wagazala: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2020
rhektor:

Did you know about Lord of Ajasa, AY and hosts of other indegenous rappers? Don't say what you don't know

Perhaps you are the one saying things you dont know. These names you mentioned didnt bring the kind of attention Dagrin brought to yoruba rap industry. His death alone opened up the highway to attention, the industry was thirsty for more yoruba bangers and what happened, olamide blew just the way puffy blew when smalls died.

Lord of Ajasa, AY one hit wonders.

It is what it is. So say it like it is. Give credit to whom credit is due.
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Ovawise2020: 9:37am On Jan 09, 2020
xaggar:

What of Lord of Ajasa? He was before dagrin
Comparing Ajasa to DaGrin is like Comparing NiggaRaw to Phyno.. Phyno made Igbo indigenous rap more acceptable.

Lord Of Ajasa was before DaGrin but Lord of Ajasa wasn't taken serious by the industry... The street were only vibing to his Yoruba lyrical rhyming and nothing more.. Show organisers where not really much into it and that's why during Lord of Ajasa reign, 80% or even if not 90% of upcoming rappers preferred to sound like Lil Wayne, 50Cent, Dr Dre, Eminem, Jayz , Nas N co..

But After DaGrin dropped the C.E.O Album, That marked the beginning of the end of upcoming artiste trying to sound like Lil Wayne n co...

The street and the Nigerian music industry now started having elements of Yoruba rap in their songs..

To people saying their was nigga raw and co, Nigga raw, Ajasa and co, put all their album together, it never gained grounds like the C.E.O Album..
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by wagazala: 9:42am On Jan 09, 2020
Ovawise2020:
Comparing Ajasa to DaGrin is like Comparing NiggaRaw to Phyno.. Phyno made Igbo indigenous rap more acceptable.

Lord Of Ajasa was before DaGrin but Lord of Ajasa wasn't taken serious by the industry... The street were only vibing to his Yoruba lyrical rhyming and nothing more.. Show organisers where not really much into it and that's why during Lord of Ajasa reign, 80% or even if not 90% of upcoming rappers preferred to sound like Lil Wayne, 50Cent, Dr Dre, Eminem, Jayz , Nas N co..

But After DaGrin dropped the C.E.O Album, That marked the beginning of the end of upcoming artiste trying to sound like Lil Wayne n co...

The street and the Nigerian music industry now started having elements of Yoruba rap in their songs..

To people saying their was nigga raw and co, Nigga raw, Ajasa and co, put all their album together, it never gained grounds like the C.E.O Album..

Hats off to your analysis. The Ajasa fans trying to downplay Dagrins influence on the game. So tomorrow if we say the likes of Davido, Wizkid , Burna took naija music international, they'll tell us Dbanj was here before them?

2 Likes

Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Ovawise2020: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2020
wagazala:

Hats off to your analysis. The Ajasa fans trying to downplay Dagrins influence on the game. So tomorrow if we say the likes of Davido, Wizkid , Burna took naija music international, they'll tell us Dbanj was here before them?
Exactly that's what they would say.. and the truth is. Davido and Wizkid made International collaborations looks more easier and looking like normal thing for an artiste who has the funds to collaborate..

See Mr Eazi self don feature TyGa..
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by xcelentattitude(m): 10:12am On Jan 09, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

Read mofo
Read
Read

There are two kinds of people I know:
1. Those who make mistakes, acknowledge their mistakes, learn whatever they can from it, and move on (very wise)

2. Those who make mistakes, and are fully aware of it, but won't take correction because their ego is on the line (very foolish and dumb)

You fall into category two my friend.
Don't bother quoting me again, because I won't respond. It is very unusual of me to be arguing with someone unreasonable as yourself.

1 Like

Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by RealGists: 10:19am On Jan 09, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Kalashnikov102:

See the look on Olamide's eyes like Trod which call be that grin

1 Like

Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 09, 2020
post=85626065:
Badoo Pick Up Now biko...

Do it for Dagrin that paved the way for you......

No, you are wrong,
But you are entitled to your opinion 'nyways........ which we respect!

After all said and done : No one can receive help unless it is given to him/her from above........So says the HOLY BOOK!

lol
China is an atheist country, they produce 2 billionaires every week.
Nigeria has the biggest church in Africa, it's the world capital of poverty.

Or maybe God is blessing them cause they white skin? lol
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Smellingrillmea: 11:12am On Jan 09, 2020
xcelentattitude:

There are two kinds of people I know:
1. Those who make mistakes, acknowledge their mistakes, learn whatever they can from it, and move on (very wise)

2. Those who make mistakes, and are fully aware of it, but won't take correction because their ego is on the line (very foolish and dumb)

You fall into category two my friend.
Don't bother quoting me again, because I won't respond. It is very unusual of me to be arguing with someone unreasonable as yourself.

Go and sit down you are an idiot
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Emanodimo(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Frankyboy1:
Stop the entitlement mentality, he doesn't owe the guy an obligation to pick his calls, if the guy is talented, let his gift speak for him, and God doesn't necessarily use those you know or those you expect something from to help your cause, he uses the most unexpected avenue to pick your call, so guy hustle your hustle and forget olamide, he ain't God and must not be your destiny helper

Thou has speak some sense into the guy....

Officially approved.
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by niceelement(m): 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
He should beg zlatan not olamide www.epicvibesng.com
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by PapaAdanna: 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kingosytex:

Na ur type de always live in denial because u deny the obvious truth.
Wen last did Olamide release any chart topping song?

Chat topping in Nigerian context is mostly noisy and useless songs.
The real music heads in Nigeria give no shit about ur chat
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by dewuyiebun: 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
You don miss road
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Lizzydonnah(f): 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=diplomat058 post=85626129]I just love the way this Trodd jumped on Martinsfeelz's song in the movie, Industreet

Dude is kinda talented[/quot
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Legendguru: 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
LIfe is a journey
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by rhektor(m): 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
wagazala:

Perhaps you are the one saying things you dont know. These names you mentioned didnt bring the kind of attention Dagrin brought to yoruba rap industry. His death alone opened up the highway to attention, the industry was thirsty for more yoruba bangers and what happened, olamide blew just the way puffy blew when smalls died.

Lord of Ajasa, AY one hit wonders.

It is what it is. So say it like it is. Give credit to whom credit is due.

'twas just his death that brought about the popularity many of you are talking about but let me just rest. Lord of Ajasa? One hit wonder? I just have to leave you to your illusion
Re: Trod, Dagrin's Brother, Begs Olamide To Pick His Call by Soso990240(m): 6:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
femi4:
Oh, its about if the song was bigger than pon pon now.

Thought the argument was whether Ajasa had a hit
Ready my first post again.. this time, don't rush just to argue. After reading it, then Edith this your post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe And Her Daughter At The Premiere Of "The Victims", Her Movie (Photos / Fool: Wizkid Blasts Reekado Banks For Posting 'Omo Olomo' Song Amid EndSARS / Nigerian celebrities and their luxury cars! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.