Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,519 members, 7,843,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

, - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / , (295 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine / My Funny Experience With a cooperate beggar and Life lessons. / Major Mistake Made By Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

, by MrHerrera(m): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2020
Re: , by Amthol(m): 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
Just read the meaning of fathia in English for them that's all
Re: , by shadeyinka(m): 5:25am On Jan 09, 2020
Hello,
I think you'll have done best to post this in the Muslim section, because you will have enough matured minds to help you through.

Christianity is NOT a religion but a RELATIONSHIP with God as our Father(even though it has components of a religion)

Religion is what man do to appease the Divinities. Eg Praying, Fasting, Obedience to God's will, Helping others, Preaching etc. While religion is good, it isn't the primary essence of Christianity. The primary essence is "having a relationship" with God (beyond the level of creation or slave) as Father.

MrHerrera:
I work in a Banking organization and in my team we usually have online meeting every Thursday throughout SouthWest region.

?

Christian prayer isn't a recitation of words. We pray to God as a person speaking to his Father. This makes prayer an informal communication.
Luk 11:1-2:
"And it happened [as] He (Jesus) was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, one of His disciples said to Him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught His disciples. And He said to them, When you pray, say: Our Father, who [is] in Heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done, as in Heaven, so also on the earth."

The only thing we do after our "informal talk with God is to add the phrase "In Jesus name I/We pray"
John 16:23:
"And in that day you shall ask Me nothing. Truly, truly, I say to you, Whatever you shall ask the Father in My name, He will give you."

Many of my Muslim friends also recite the Al Fathia when called up to pray in the public. I will suggest you memorize it in English and your local dialect and recite them when you are called up to pray in public. If you like, add one or two sentences of request or supplication to it. It may sound awkward but it is sufficient. (Most public prayers in Nigeria are said just for formality purposes, not because we love God that much)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Prays For Pastors Who Stole His Church Members / Religious Favouritsm In Nairaland / Who Wrote The Book Of Genesis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.