Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,306 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me (953 Views)

Help How Can I Deal With This Tenant That Has Being Using My Dad House For Free / How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? / How Do I Deal With My Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by orunmila144: 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2020
UNNECESSARY HAILING JUST SO I CAN GIVE THEM MONEY. I LIVE IN AN ESTATE AND ITS ABOUT 20 OF THEM. I CANT GIVE ALL 20 OF THEM MONEY OR I WILL GO BROKE. BUT THEY JUST KEEP HAILING ME EXCESSIVELY BECAUSE I MADE THE MISTAKE OF GIVING A FEW OF THEM MONEY. I FIND IT VERY INTIMIDATING AND DISTRESSING AND DONT EVEN WANT TO COME OUT OF MY HOUSE TO ENCOUNTER THEM AT THE GATE. EVEN THEIR OGA NOW HAS MY PHONE NUMBER AND IS CALLING ASKING FOR CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR GIFT. I FIND THIS ALL VERY INTIMIDATING AND UNPROFESSIONAL AND IT IS AFFECTING MY QUALITY OF LIFE. ANY SOLUTIONS ?
Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by Swegzfreak: 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
It is normal sir, things are hard

anytime u see them just smile and tell dem next time

continue posting dem for like a week, they won't even reason u again after that

or better still u sef throway hand up make una dey hail una sef

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2020
Learn to be a little mean and ignore them, they're paid for the jobs they do, it's just indiscipline.

At my Sector at Omole estate na so dem go just dey hail upandan dey use style beg me, I go just troway face.

It's so painfully annoying, they make you feel like you ought to pay for all the adulation

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by orunmila144: 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
Lucid1:
Learn to be a little mean and ignore them, they're paid for the jobs they do, it's just indiscipline.

At my Sector at Omole estate na so dem go just dey hail upandan dey use style beg me, I go just troway face.

It's so painfully annoying, they make you feel like you ought to pay for all the adulation
THE BOLDED IS SO ON POINT. JUST LIKE YOU I FIND IT PAINFULLY ANNOYING. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE. ITS TOO MUCH. I CANT LIVE LIKE THIS. THERE IS 20 OF THEM IN MY ESTATE. I DONT KNOW WHYY THEY NEED 20 ? ITS A SMALL ESTATE
Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by orunmila144: 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
Swegzfreak:

I DONT HAVE TIME AND PATIENCE TO BE HAILING PEOPLE I DONT KNOW LOL. BUT THANKS FOR THE INPUT
Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 08, 2020
Swegzfreak:

Things are hard is what people keep saying, we aren't ever discipline and content with what we have.

We always expect to earn illicitly beyond what is due, that's why the just price principle is dead. Go to the market the prices are highly inflated.

That's why the politician will always embezzle, that's why law enforcement agents will want to take a bribe, that's why lecturers will want to take bribes, that's why rich well paid NNPC and CBN staff will still siphon funds, INDISCIPLINE!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by donbachi(m): 6:35pm On Jan 08, 2020
the Lord is ur strength.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
Keep giving them like you gt ATM 4 house, and wait till you go broke grin
Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by Swegzfreak: 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
Lucid1:

Things are hard is what people keep saying, we aren't ever discipline and content with what we have.

We always expect to earn illicitly beyond what is due, that's why the just price principle is dead. Go to the market the prices are highly inflated.

That's why the politician will always embezzle, that's why law enforcement agents will want to take a bribe, that's why lecturers will want to take bribes, that's why rich well paid NNPC and CBN staff will still siphon funds, INDISCIPLINE!!!!

ONLY GOD CAN HELP US IN NIGERIA MY BOSS, I just gave him an advice cos you don't know when those securities might be of help, TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by izzou(m): 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2020
grin

Some of you behave like you don't live in Nigeria

Someone is hailing you, and you're complaining?
You no sabi hail person?

Next time,

Guard: Oga mi. Good evening. My able Oga. Oga to sure. I greet you sir

You: Chairman... Your boy dey loyal (raise your two hands up for him). Abeg bless your boy this evening. At all at all Na im bad

Then you begin to use hypo to wash his head with hailings.

If you do it twice, dem no go hail you anyhow again

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
Just give them if you have, You can budget 10k @ 500 Naira per person spread over a year. It is PR.
Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2020
orunmila144:
THE BOLDED IS SO ON POINT. JUST LIKE YOU I FIND IT PAINFULLY ANNOYING. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE. ITS TOO MUCH. I CANT LIVE LIKE THIS. THERE IS 20 OF THEM IN MY ESTATE. I DONT KNOW WHYY THEY NEED 20 ? ITS A SMALL ESTATE
Once in a while, like during the Christmas holiday, we sent them some drinks and food. If people stopped obliging them, they'll learn to behave.
You could greet people respectfully without making it seem like you're begging.

It's so wrong and it's everywhere, police men at checkpoints, civil servants in offices, man it irks me out real bad.

Most people that have jobs and beg this way are financially reckless, it'll surprise you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by orunmila144: 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
Lucid1:

Once in a while, like during the Christmas holiday, we sent them some drinks and food. If people stopped obliging them, they'll learn to behave.
You could greet people respectfully without making it seem like you're begging.

It's so wrong and it's everywhere, police men at checkpoints, civil servants in offices, man it irks me out real bad.

Most people that have jobs and beg this way are financially reckless, it'll surprise you.
I find it extremely intimidating only because i am a very quiet and private and shy person and i dont like talking to strangers all the time. its extremely irritating. not to sound like i have any money because I dont but people assume that if you have lived abroad that you have money, but it is from my sojourn living abroad that i turned into a very reclusive private and quiet person so i find all these behaviors to be distressing to me. its so bad i am thinking about moving out of the property and subletting it to someone else and then i will find somewhere with only just 1 security guard. i feel i can handle and cope with dealing with 1 security guard but 20 just hailing you up and down ? thats too much. in fact i have put the place up for sublease because of this. its affecting my quality of life because i cant go out anymore. i dread walking past the gate into the den of hungry hailing lions
Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by YOUNGELDER1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2020
Swegzfreak:

Baba na me that chief security officer wey de guide your house. I don de hail you since.
Abeg find your boys something cheesy
I never eat since morning boss

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2020
orunmila144:
I find it extremely intimidating only because i am a very quiet and private and shy person and i dont like talking to strangers all the time. its extremely irritating. not to sound like i have any money because I dont but people assume that if you have lived abroad that you have money, but it is from my sojourn living abroad that i turned into a very reclusive private and quiet person so i find all these behaviors to be distressing to me. its so bad i am thinking about moving out of the property and subletting it to someone else and then i will find somewhere with only just 1 security guard. i feel i can handle and cope with dealing with 1 security guard but 20 just hailing you up and down ? thats too much. in fact i have put the place up for sublease because of this. its affecting my quality of life because i cant go out anymore. i dread walking past the gate into the den of hungry hailing lions

You'll just have to find ways to adapt without 'bending backwards'. I think we have a similar personality, I love my company grin
You'll definitely feel uncomfortable initially but you'll get used to it, just ignore them. Give occasionally when you feel like but don't feel compelled to.
Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by orunmila144: 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
Lucid1:

You'll just have to find ways to adapt without 'bending backwards'. I think we have a similar personality, I love my company grin
You'll definitely feel uncomfortable initially but you'll get used to it, just ignore them. Give occasionally when you feel like but don't feel compelled to.
oh yeah i love my own company so muchh grin grin
Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by orunmila144: 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2020
Lucid1:

its 20 of them. if you give one of them the others get slightly angry. and if you give one of them today the other 19 are expecting and so by the time you give to all 19 it will be a few weeks and the onne you gave to initially feels like it is his turn. its a never ending cycle. its just too many of them. i think its best i just vacate the apartment. i cant live like this. one of them woke me up with phone call this morning at 8 am ? just so he can ssee how I am doing ? are they allowed to call people like that ? no data protection laws ? hmmm
Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
orunmila144:
its 20 of them. if you give one of them the others get slightly angry. and if you give one of them today the other 19 are expecting and so by the time you give to all 19 it will be a few weeks and the onne you gave to initially feels like it is his turn. its a never ending cycle. its just too many of them. i think its best i just vacate the apartment. i cant live like this. one of them woke me up with phone call this morning at 8 am ? just so he can ssee how I am doing ? are they allowed to call people like that ? no data protection laws ? hmmm

Hahahaha. This one has reached stalking levels.

I used to feel uneasy too but after a while I thought to myself, are they offering a service to me or it's vice versa?

Man! Back then I used to hide at a bar till late so some of them would've gone home, so I would have fewer people to settle. It was slavery. Don't let them enslave you, toughen up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by orunmila144: 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
Lucid1:

Hahahaha. This one has reached stalking levels.

I used to feel uneasy too but after a while I thought to myself, are they offering a service to me or it's vice versa?

Man! Back then I used to hide at a bar till late so some of them would've gone home, so I would have fewer people to settle. It was slavery. Don't let them enslave you, toughen up
awww thanks bro sounds like you have the same experience as me grin grin . yeah i think i need to toughen up. thank you very much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With All These Estate Security Guards Who Keep Hailing Me by johnad3(m): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
then hail them back

(1) (Reply)

Beautifully Furnished 5 Bedroom Duplex For Sale In Osogbo, Osun state / For Sale """ Luxury And Furnished 5bedroom D/H + BQ @ Ajah +pics Distress / Executive 3bedrm Bungalow On Full Plot At Egbeda Call Babs 08101662607

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.