Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Dangers Of African Films To Our Political, Cultural & Developmental Orientation - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Dangers Of African Films To Our Political, Cultural & Developmental Orientation (2179 Views)

Easter: Dana Air Introduces Buy One, Get One Free, Partners Royal Films On Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of African Films To Our Political, Cultural & Developmental Orientation by meavox: 8:26am On Jan 09, 2020
DANGERS OF AFRICAN FILMS TO OUR POLITICAL, CULTURAL & DEVELOPMENTAL ORIENTATION
(You can copy and forward this via your WhatsApp and social media)

I got my insight from a religious Facebook site then meditated on it, and am sharing my thoughts on it to WARN us.

The things we watch affect us. That is why after seeing an advert we now want what we have seen. In our homes and everywhere we go, shops, waiting areas, barbers, business centres etc the TVs are showing our Africa Magic films. These films are steeped in our African superstition, spirits, spells, juju, witchcraft and the devil. So we bring all this junk into our minds and hearts, and they guide us and impact our behaviours. In these African films there are rituals, witchdoctors, charms, casting of spells etc. And that keeps us focused on such things and on the pagan religion of our forefathers which they handed down to us, and which kept them (and now us) TECHNOLOGICALLY BACKWARDS compared to everyone else on earth! Another thing about these African films is that “…a poor man SOMEHOW manages to travel abroad and SOMEHOW in quick time amasses great wealth while there. Why then are we surprised that the greatest desire of an African is to get to Europe or the West so as to become rich (in unexplained ways and in rapid time)...”?

These African films give us a wrong and very bad value orientation. It makes us focus on wealth and on juju-filled society. I AM JUST SAYING LET’S BE CAREFUL WHAT WE WATCH. Let’s know what it is we are watching. Let’s consider the effect of what we are watching on ourselves and on our CHILDREN.

The African is at the very bottom of Mankind’s pile. In fact some communities are convinced that Black people are sub-humans when they see how our wretched lifestyles are and that we all want to escape to go live with them and enjoy what their type of thinking and behaviour has created. Our children WILL inherit what we sow. Just as we ourselves are inheriting what our parents sowed for us.

JUST COMPARE the way we Africans think and the way Whites think, and our lifestyles then show this difference:

We Africans live with SUPERSTITION ----- Whites live with SCIENCE

We Africans live with REGRESSION ----- Whites live with INNOVATION

We Africans live with SUSPICION of our people ----- Whites live with TRUST in their people

We Africans live with SELFISHNESS ----- Whites live with COMMUNITY-CENTREDNESS

We Africans live with BACKWARDNESS ----- Whites live with PROGRESS

We Africans live with STEALING from others ----- Whites live with SHARING with others

We Africans live with FILTHY environments ----- Whites live with CLEAN environments

We Africans live with POVERTY ----- Whites live with PLENTY

Isn’t it time that we Africans removed from our lifestyles and culture all these things that are against us? That our forefathers, parents and grandparents have sowed for us? Or must we carry on with our nonsensical non-scientific thinking that makes us the WRETCHED OF THE EARTH, and VAGABONDS seeking which foreign place will take us in and give us a good life? OUR THINKING (OR LACK OF) AND MUCH IN OUR CULTURE IS OUR ENEMY.

THESE AFRICAN FILMS JUST KEEP ON FORWARDING AND KEEPING ALIVE WITHIN US THESE SUPERSTITIOUS, ANTI SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, FEAR-PRODUCING, GARBBAGE THAT KEEPS AFRICANS FROM DEVELOPING.

African film makers can produce films that encourage READING, STEM subjects, HONESTY & SINCERITY with ENVIRONMENTAL CARE instead!

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of African Films To Our Political, Cultural & Developmental Orientation by Tozic: 7:51am On Jun 19, 2020
Hey neloyah, you sound too emotional. Hope you are not still pained with what I said. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of African Films To Our Political, Cultural & Developmental Orientation by neloyah: 9:55am On Jun 19, 2020
Tozic:
Hey neloyah, you sound too emotional. Hope you are not still pained with what I said. embarassed

No, I'm fine.. thanks..
Re: Dangers Of African Films To Our Political, Cultural & Developmental Orientation by Tozic: 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
neloyah:

No, I'm fine.. thanks..
could you take off my name from ur diary?
Re: Dangers Of African Films To Our Political, Cultural & Developmental Orientation by neloyah: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
Tozic:

could you take off my name from ur diary?

I wish I could, but that would be taking away the point of the post.
This is the last time I would be doing that tho.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Millionaire’s Wife Who Feeds 40,000 Children / Photo : Snake Bites Man’s Penis As He Sits On A Public Toilet In Ghana / FELA! The Broadway Musical Is Back In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.