Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US (66371 Views)

African-americans Trace Roots To Igbo Land / Eri Festival: Ooni Of Ife, 25 African Americans To Storm Anambra / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri With African Americans Of Igbo Ancestry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2020
Geminita1:
I shouldn't have made that comment, i hope the people it hurt forgive me.

Why not go and edit it

2 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Geminita1:
I don't want them to go into extinction.
Your problem lady tbh,I don't really care.

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Geminita1(f): 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
FrMbaka:

Why not go and edit it
I just did.
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by DexterousOne(m): 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
GogobiriLalas:
Institutionalized racism is a thing in America simplicita.

The white man has put in place a socio cultural and economic system to consolidate the ill gotten advantage it acquired and to ensure that the progeny of those whom he once enslaved never rise to a position where they're able to challenge or avenge the historical wrong that was done to them.

Irrespective of political isms, the traps are overt and covert and sometimes missed by foreigners especially African diaspora who are more excited about a perceived advantage they think they gain in their newly adopted country, however, the African American has learnt from experience to maintain a healthy dose of suspicion for anything white.

From slavery to KKK to Jim Crow, from Welfarism to Sangers' Planned Parenthood and from despicable race based horrific Government backed pseudo scientific experiments sans syphilis, tuberculosis and leprosy colonies to the so called war on drugs and other petty crimes that has enabled the white man to jail a quarter of the most virile and productive male members of the African American society, the African American has evolved to distrust anything the white man does and to respond with violence whenever the opportunity presents itself and I daresay rightly so, the white man's cowardice in the face of unbridled violence is beautiful to behold.

The African migrant as usual, is quick to point fingers at his cousin's violent propensities, his unwillingness to countenance anything white as having any good or merit; he forgets quite quickly that centuries of cohabitation with the white man has given the African American a unique insight into the nature of the white species of the human race.

The African American on the other hand, holds on to centuries old grudge in which he believes that the ancestors of his ignorant cousins sold his ancestors into slavery, he perceives in the African migrant an air of condescension which he believes stems from a feeling that 'my ancestors were superior to yours and were able to run faster from the white man'.

Thus a clash between the two becomes almost inevitable that the evil genius of the white man is quick to identify and exploit for his ultimate agenda I.e. the total subjugation of this subhuman species who dares aspire to personhood. The white man would rather elevate his dog than the black man - fact.

The conclusion is that the black race as usual has taken the easy path of hate and casting blames and aspersions; finding a reason to hate your neighbor is always easy, it is hard to find a reason to love and respect him.

Like the Joseph incidence in biblical lore (Joseph was sold into slavery by his jealous brethren), the migrant can learn so much from those who were there before him, whilst those who were there before have a great opportunity in the migrant to reconnect with what they once lost.

This is a great opportunity to consolidate our knowledge and experiences, take stock of what we did wrong and how easily we allowed other races to subjugate and enslave us and to forge a common path forward.

This is an amazing write up

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by DexterousOne(m): 10:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
khiaa:

I have repeated my self many times about this topic and I'm not doing it again. The truth is, everything the op posted can be applied to Nigerians in America as well as the home based ones. What did the bible say about that plank in your eye?
I see

Victims of white supremacy we are
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by DexterousOne(m): 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
RaptorX:
At the end of the day Africans need to get over the illusion that whites love them more than AA's.
They might tolerate you more because they see you as less threatening, but all that fawning and kissing up to whites in Africa especially on NL that you people do is also one of the cause of the rift when you bring that attitude to America. At least that was one of their complaints from monitoring predominantly AA online forums.

Yea
That is something I noticed too.

A white supremacist is a white supremacist

#Period

And a n.igga is a n.igga in his eyes

Black African or Black America

It's the global supremacist game

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Geminita1:
I just did.

That's nice,

Nairaland is a very big forum, people around the world also come here to read news and opinions we have for ourselves,

I was surprised to see 2 Chinese, one from mainland China and the other from Hong Kong, they were attacking each other here over the Hong Kong protest/Extradition Bill.

They switched to Chinese because they are not good at English so we didn't understand what they are writing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
salford:

Not just white man in America.

Divide and Conquer is a tool the Whiteman (European descent) mastered and have used for generation to enslave other races. It was and still is a very successful tool.

It was applied in all continents they stepped their foot on. That is how a small island country like Britain can colonize countries like India, China, West Africa, the Americas etc which had more population and landmass.

I think having exclusive knowledge of gun manufacturing made that possible.
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by jimyjames(m): 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
khiaa:

I have repeated my self many times about this topic and I'm not doing it again. The truth is, everything the op posted can be applied to Nigerians in America as well as the home based ones. What did the bible say about that plank in your eye?

Hmmm alright then
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by khiaa(f): 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
RaptorX:
At the end of the day Africans need to get over the illusion that whites love them more than AA's.
They might tolerate you more because they see you as less threatening, but all that fawning and kissing up to whites in Africa especially on NL that you people do is also one of the cause of the rift when you bring that attitude to America. At least that was one of their complaints from monitoring predominantly AA online forums.

Ok, this one has his eyes open to the truth. This explains it all which I have said so many times, and they get upset when I call them AfriCOONS. Enough said.

2 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Geminita1(f): 10:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
FrMbaka:

That's nice,

Nairaland is a very big forum, people around the world also come here to read news and opinions we have for ourselves,

I was surprised to see 2 Chinese, one from mainland China and the other from Hong Kong, they were attacking each other here over the Hong Kong protest/Extradition Bill.

They switched to Chinese because they are not good at English so we didn't understand what they are writing
You are very kind. Thanks for sharing this.

2 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by tiar: 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
khiaa:

The reality of the matter is everyone is looking for whom they can dominate. It is easier to look down for an extended time than to look up.

African Americans see themselves as the head honcho of black people in America and understandably so.

Suddenly, Africans (Nigerians especially as the most populous black nation in the world and 7th overall) in America act in a way to challenge that notion. The seed of discord is sown as African Americans refuse to allow another ethnicity to challenge them in their homeland.

The seed of discord is sown as AAs try to put Nigerians in their place and Nigerians are wired not to stay put in one place even when in a foreign country.

In reality, everyone is just going about their business. Success is noisy and Nigerians never come last in anything they set their mind to!

Insults are not needed to debate this issue. When anyone resorts to insults, they have already lost!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by mmsen: 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
TimiRume:
Let's stop pretending, there is very little similarity between Africans and African americans. The only thing we have in common is our skin and shared ancestry, nothing much. They are not us, we are not them. And its okay.

Their mainstream culture is toxic and Africans copying them should learn from the long term consequences that come with such lifestyle.

And African culture is not toxic?

Is that why Africa is the way it is?

African Americans and Africans pointing fingers at each other is like watching two twins calling each other 'ugly'. They don't want to acknowledge how similar they are.

8 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by khiaa(f): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
tiar:

The reality of the matter is everyone is looking for whom they can dominate. It is easier to look down for an extended time than to look up.

African Americans see themselves as the head honcho of black people in America and understandably so.

Suddenly, Africans (Nigerians especially as the most populous black nation in the world and 7th overall) in America act in a way to challenge that notion. The seed of discord is sown as African Americans refuse to allow another ethnicity to challenge them in their homeland.

The seed of discord is sown as AAs try to be put Nigerians in their place and Nigerians are wired not to stay put in one place even when in a foreign country.

In reality, everyone is just going about their business. Success is noisy and Nigerians never come last in anything they set their mind to!

Insults are not needed to be debate this issue. When anyone resorts to insults, they have already lost!

That would be great if what you posted was the truth. The truth is black Americans success outweigh Nigerian success in America. There is no way the few Africans in America can outweigh the success of over 40 million black Americans, lets be realistic here, you aren't a threat to anyone as a matter of fact we wish you success.

It's the arrogance, false pride and COONING for whites that we hate about you. That behavior is embarrassing to all black Americans. Please work on that.

4 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Drenimarcus(m): 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
omo nawa, these people sow a seed of discord and they won shaa. But Khiaa no suppose deh vex tho, educate people who know nothing, that is how we all grow na.
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
Daisy17:

[s]The thing with you Africans is, you think you are superior but you do not realize that there is a lot that is wrong in your societies.Pedophiles roaming the streets but since you all are hypocrites, very few of cases of child abuse are brought to light. A country where you need to have your wits about you because you will be either raped, scammed or kidnapped. Just this morning, I read a story of a father who fed his child feaces. Every street corner in major cities in Nigeria you find churches, but the country is full of scammers, thieves, adulterers and pastorpreneurs. Please fix yourselves before looking down on others[/s].
You just deviated from the topic. Everybody is aware of the happenings in Africa you don't need to write all these Epistles to drive home a point. AA that I threw this same question to did not take it personal. They gave me reasons why some folks see it as an option to start a family. I never made mention that Africans see themselves to be more superior than others, who dash monkey? Mind you I did not condemn anybody. If not I would have condemned my parents too.

2 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by tiar: 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
khiaa:

That would be great if what you posted was the truth. The truth is black Americans success outweigh Nigerian success in America. There is no way the few Africans in America can outweigh the success of over 40 million black Americans, lets be realistic here, you aren't a threat to anyone as a matter of fact we wish you success. It's the arrogance, false pride and COONING for whites that we hate about you. Please work on that.

That's the discord in a nutshell. Nigerians are not in competition with African Americans. African Americans appear to think so and continually complain, abuse and denigrate Nigerians to prove superiority. This is also evident in your write up that I quoted.

Nigerians are frankly only in competition with themselves. There are over 220m Nigerians in Nigeria and over 3 million in the USA to bother about across over 100 ethnic groups.

Nigerians are not fixated on AAs and do not see AAs as a threat to anything they are trying to achieve. Nigerians are overly fixated (to an unhealthy level) on themselves.

Evidence abounds across the internet reflecting AAs negative concern about Nigerians.

LIve and Let Live will end this debate. There is enough room for everyone to coexist and pursue their dreams. If Nigerians fail, it's on them and not AAs or other Africans. If AAs fail, please do not point fingers at Nigerians or other Africans.

Best wishes

7 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by tiar: 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
Drenimarcus:
omo nawa, these people sow a seed of discord and they won shaa. But Khiaa no suppose deh vex tho, educate people who know nothing, that is how we all grow na.

Not every Nigerian posting here lives in Nigeria and/or is ignorant of this topic.

2 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Drenimarcus(m): 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
tiar:

Not every Nigerian posting here lives in Nigeria and/or is ignorant of this topic.

i dont live in Nigeria myself, this topic is one of the interesting ones i have always wanted to learn about. This is/was an avenue for most to learn but alas! they win again as they have always done.
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by tiar: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
Drenimarcus:

i dont live in Nigeria myself, this topic is one of the interesting ones i have always wanted to learn about. This is/was an avenue for most to learn but alas! they win again as they have always done.

A topic on Nigeria seems to pop up on
Www.lipstickalley.com almost everyday. This site is an AA forum mainly frequented by AA women.

AAs keep telling themselves that Nigerians think they are superior and this drives the hateful discourse that follows as evident in some AA replies.

Nigerians stand out wherever they go (fortunately and unfortunately) and it is easy for this to be seen as threatening by others. Nigerians are driven to succeed and not to conquer.

The minute AAs stop seeing Nigerians as some form of THREAT, this will become a non-issue.

4 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by morpheus24: 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
DexterousOne:

Yea
That is something I noticed too.

A white supremacist is a white supremacist

#Period

And a n.igga is a n.igga in his eyes

Black African or Black America

It's the global supremacist game

I think the perception that Afrians suck up to whites is a skewed one full of misconception and born from the contempt AA have for Whites.

If you ask me Africans are simply acting as they always do towards Whites in and out of the Americas, as they do any other races of people in that they treat them without that preconceived notion of superiority or inferiority.

They do not carry the baggage of racism, jim crow etc as much as AA do.

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by harakiri(m): 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
For how long will they continue blaming slavery? It was a trade meaning WE sold ourselves (and still do so indirectly) till this day. Wat dey talking bout?
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by nlPoster: 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
Geminita1:
I was wrong. I apologise.

Thank you for apologizing but hopefully your comment wasn't a reflection of Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Drenimarcus(m): 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
tiar:

Www.lipstickalley.com almost everyday. This site is an AA forum mainly frequented by AA women.

AAs keep telling themselves that Nigerians think they are superior and this drives the hateful discourse that follows as evident in some AA replies.

Nigerians stand out wherever they go (fortunately and unfortunately) and it is easy for this to be seen as threatening by others. Nigerians are driven to succeed and not to conquer.

The minute AAs stop seeing Nigerians as some form of THREAT, this will become a non-issue.

You are right about the bolded, Nigerians know failure is not an option. The one question i always keep asking myself, if it was the Asians that were sold into slavery as the AA/Africans, will they hate on their fellow Asians who are coming to America? Honestly it is saddening when people of same race cannot stand united.

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by khiaa(f): 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
tiar:

That's the discord in a nutshell. Nigerians are not in competition with African Americans. African Americans appear to think so and continually complain, abuse and denigrate Nigerians to prove superiority. This is also evident in your write up that I quoted.

Nigerians are frankly only in competition with themselves. There are over 220m Nigerians in Nigeria and over 3 million in the USA to bother about across over 100 ethnic groups.

Nigerians are not fixated on AAs and do not see AAs as a threat to anything they are trying to achieve. Nigerians are overly fixated (to an unhealthy level) on themselves.

Evidence abounds across the internet reflecting AAs negative concern about Nigerians.

LIve and Let Live will end this debate. There is enough room for everyone to coexist and pursue their dreams. If Nigerians fail, it's on them and not AAs or other Africans. If AAs fail, please do not point fingers at Nigerians or other Africans.

Best wishes

I see you didn't understand my post, I said we aren't in any competition with you because there is no competition, we wish you success, it's your people skills that needs improvement.

2 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by nlPoster: 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
tiar:

. . .

Not tpiar. No p.
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Drenimarcus(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
morpheus24:

I think the perception that Afrians suck up to whites is a skewed one full of misconception and born from the contempt AA have for Whites.

If you ask me Africans are simply acting as they always do towards Whites in and out of the Americas, as they do any other races of people in that they treat them without that preconceived notion of superiority or inferiority.

They do not carry the baggage of racism, jim crow etc as much as AA do.

true this, Most Africans are open to the society. Man, this people wound us i no go lie. People of same race fighting on who is superior. i weak i swear to God.
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Drenimarcus(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
khiaa:

I see you didn't understand my post, I said we aren't in any competition with you because there is no competition, we wish you success, it's your people skills that needs improvement.

But Khiaa, no one is fighting over here, you saying this is just lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by nlPoster: 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
RaptorX:
all that fawning and kissing up to whites in Africa especially on NL that you people do

morpheus24:

I think the perception that Africans suck up to whites is a skewed one full of misconception . . .

If you ask me Africans are simply acting as they always do towards Whites in and out of the Americas, as they do any other races of people

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by khiaa(f): 11:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
tiar:

Stop talking like all Nigerians think the same and are the same. *Nigerians are driven to succeed* if that were true then why all the poverty in Nigeria, what about the Nigerians in the US and other foreign countries who have been living in squalor for years?

3 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by tiar: 11:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
khiaa:

Your first sentence in your initial response belies the "we aren't in any competition." To thyself be true.

People hate what they can't conquer. Your responses ooze of hate, malcontent and antagonism. Love conquers hate...

Nigerians want to succeed and are fixated on this. This leaves no time to even attempt to conquer anybody. Shalom!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero To Marry Ex-Girlfriend, Hajiyayye (Photo) / List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / The New Mogadishu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.