Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Nigerian Policeman Kills Corp Member, Injures Bus Driver - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Policeman Kills Corp Member, Injures Bus Driver (318 Views)

100-Year-Old Tree Falls In Oyo, Kills 4 People, Injures Another / Truck Crushes 3 To Death In Uyo, Injures Many (Disturbing Photos) / Speeding Range Rover Driver Kills Man, Injures Another In Imo. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Policeman Kills Corp Member, Injures Bus Driver by Morrison91(m): 7:50am On Jan 10, 2020
You know the phrase “the police is your friend”? I think we need a new phrase because the Nigerian police are nt acting friendly at all. Nigerian police officer attached to a bank located at Ekeki Area of Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, allegedly shot dead a serving member of the Nigeria Youth Service Corps (NYSC). The police officer also shot a Peace Mass bus driver, leaving him seriously injured.

The police officer, attached to the commercial bank in Yenagoa, had an altercation with a driver of a commercial bus over parking rights. According to reports, the Peace Mass bus driver parked at the front of the bank to drop off passengers, upon arriving from Abakaleki. But the officer did not approve of this and it led to an argument.

During the argument, the trigger happy police officer allegedly fired two shots at the driver. The driver was hit and so was a serving corps member.

The corps member allegedly died at the scene while doctors are battling to save the drivers life at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Yenogoa.

Graphic photos shared online show a bloody body of one of the victims slumped on the drivers seat. A trickle of blood can be seen running down the side of the bus. Following the incident, irate Nigerians commenced vandalization of properties at the bank premises in a retaliation attack.

The Bayelsa Police Command has arrested the Police Mobile Force (PMF) personnel on suspicion of Discreditable Conduct and Unlawful Use of his Firearm. He was arrested on the orders of the State Commissioner of Police, CP Uche Anozia, and is currently in detention at the State Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department.

Imagine how the family and friends of the corner would feel knowing that the death of their son, brother, and friend was caused by someone who swore an oath to protect him. This policeman definitely needs to face the full weight of the law.

If you ask me, I think most police people should not be given arms at all. Because they often take laws into their own hands. Imagine just killing an innocent Corps member and injuring the driver over a very silly argument. This would not have happened if he didnt have the gun, to begin with.

I don’t know how the Nigerian police recruit and train its members but I suggest something is done and fast about the mannerless and callous behavior of most members of the Nigerian police. I mean we do not feel safe around the Nigerian police anymore and that is no just right.

I have lost count on the number of times a member of the Nigerian police would shoot and kill a civilian over trivial matters. One would assume that the rate of police killing civilians would have dropped even completely eradicated but that’s not the case. I look forward to the day when we can boldly say “the police is your friend” until then we can only plead that guns should be taken away from most policemen in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Policeman Kills Corp Member, Injures Bus Driver by popsy2(m): 8:18am On Jan 10, 2020
pics

(1) (Reply)

My Crush And My Wife Are Friends / Get 18 Inches 100% Human Hair With Frontal For Just Just 22k / N/A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.