Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,315 members, 7,829,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

How To Backup Mysql On A Remote Server - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Backup Mysql On A Remote Server (751 Views)

How To Backup Blogger Blog / Connecting Your Filezila FTP To A Remote Server / Moving Joomla Site From Local Host To Remote Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Backup Mysql On A Remote Server by codelord: 11:36pm On Dec 04, 2010
Help ppl how do I backup a MySql DB running on a desktop on a remote server?
Re: How To Backup Mysql On A Remote Server by viewspro: 9:27am On Dec 09, 2010
Hello,

I guess what you mean is how to backup MySQL DB on desktop and on Remote Server.

On both system you can use the phpMyAdmin Export utility, it exports both schema and data. You have a variety of option to choose from.

Also, since you would have access to the desktop system, you can easily copy and backup the DB file, it is located in the data folder of the root MySQL installation, there find the folder name that represent your DB.

(1) (Reply)

What's In A (website's) Name? / How Do I Get My Own Website? / N

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.