Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact (2018 Views)

2020 - 2029 The Last Decade Of The Church ( The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!) / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact / Top Three Spiritual Fathers In Nigeria With Global Impact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:28am On Jan 11, 2020
Wow! A new season, a new year and the beginning of a decade. What are your plans for impact in this new year/decade? If your life is just about you rather than impacting, you are wasting the greatness within you.

Join us us as we develop blueprints for a decade of global impact.

Don't touch the dial smiley

Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
The 10-Year Plan -Developing Your Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact Episode 1 - Introductions

You were never created to live an ordinary life. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord…” Jeremiah 29:11. God would not make ordinary plans for you, they are big plans. “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16

Keith Cameron Smith breaks society down into five groups based on how each group thinks, but we going to look at this in a different light, not just in the limitation of economic ability
1. The very poor (no impact) think day to day.
2. Poor people (negligible impact) think week to week.
3. The middle class (minor impact) thinks month to month.
4. The rich (local/ territorial impact) think year to year.
5. The very rich (global impact) think decade to decade.

There is always a global perspective in everything God is calling us into, and one way we can start positioning ourselves to walk into the reality of the totality of what God has for us is to start thinking long-term.

A 10-year plan is the minimum time frame to start thinking and planning long-term. In January 2019, Dubai unveiled a 50-Year development plan. Masayoshi Son, founder/CEO of Softbank has a 300-year plan/vision for his company. 50-100years plan are not strange to top level Asian political leaders.

A 10 year time period is comfortably long enough that the plans you make can be grand but still realizable. You can come up with different methods to help you achieve your goals and if a particular one isn’t working for you, there are still lots of time to try another approach.

Establishing the fact that we are made and called for Global Impact, Why are we embarking on a 10-Year plan?
- Life is more than just what we get. There is a place in our lives to do for others -- even others whom we will never meet in future generations. This would not be achievable without a long-term plan.
- It shows we are like God, our father. After the fall of man, God made a 4000-year plan to get man back to himself (the time frame between creation and the birth of Jesus Christ). Even though Jesus physically walked this earth for approximately 33 years, he had long-term plans. “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. John 17.20-21. “Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. John 14.1-3. Do you realize that you are part and a product of Jesus’s long term-plan – nothing less than a 2000-year plan?

This is what happens when we plan long term:
If you have a bad few months, or even a bad year, it’s just a bump in the road. Ten-year goals are small enough for you to believe that they’re achievable, but big enough to really move your life in the direction that you want it to go.

You can strike a better balance between your present wants–e.g. I want a new pair of shoes–and your future wants–e.g. I want to make a sizeable investment in a mutual fund.

Making a tangible difference takes a long time. If you’re always thinking in the short-term, you’ll never accomplish anything great.

Long-term thinking gives your life purpose and direction.

Once you have a long-term plan, you can set mid-term and short-term goals that will allow you to achieve that long term plan.

The next 10 years will pass quickly. Ten years seems like a really long time. It is hard to even imagine what life will be like then. What will you be doing? Where will you live? What relationships will you have? But the time will come and go. And it will pass too quickly.

Relax and visualize where you see your life in 10 years. How old would you be? What will life look like? Look at it from a number of different perspectives. Take your time and don’t rush yourself – really think about all of the options and opportunities… what will your spiritual status look like, what will your financial status look like, what other interests will you be involved with – charity, community, mentorship, hobbies, what will your health be like, etc

Action Point: Get a hard cover note book and start capturing your thoughts on paper. It may not look organize for a start, but you will eventually see your Decadal Blueprint for Global Impact becoming visible.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Monday January 13, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* You were never created to live an ordinary life. God would not make ordinary plans for you, they are big plans. Jeremiah 29:11.

*Note/prayers:* Father I ask in the name of Jesus that You help me to walk in the reality of Your big plans for me. I will not live an ordinary life!
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:25am On Jan 14, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Tuesday January 14, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* There is always a global perspective in everything God is calling us to, thinking long-term will help us walk into it. Acts 1:8

*Note/prayers:* Father, help me to see beyond the now. Help me to always work with the mindset that what you have called me to do goes beyond me or my location.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:42am On Jan 15, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Wednesday January 15, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* A decade is comfortably long enough that the plans you make can be grand but still realisable. Start drawing your Decadal Blueprint for Global Impact. Proverbs 21:5

*Note/prayers:* Father, inspire me as I take practical steps to start drawing my Decadal Blueprint for Global Impact. I will fulfill Your purpose for my life.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:00am On Jan 16, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Thursday January 16, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden...In the same way let your light shine before others..."
Matthew 5:14-16

*Note/prayers:* Dear Father, help me to take up the personal responsibility of shining the light you have put into me for my world to see. I will not be hidden; I am set on the hill.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:48am On Jan 17, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Friday January 17, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Life is more than just what we get. There is a place in our lives to do for others -even others whom we will never meet in future generations.
Matthew 5:14

*Note/prayers:* Lord help me not to live a selfish life, help me to always take steps that benefit my world. Help me to think beyond now, because that is the same way You think.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 4:51pm On Jan 18, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Saturday January 18, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Do you realize that you are part and a product of Jesus' long term-plan, nothing less than a 2000-year plan? Who are the people included in your long term (10-year plan)? John 14:1-3
Hebrews 12: 1-2

*Note/prayers:* Father, help me to always live my life just like Jesus did, thinking beyond myself and my family. Help me to start taking steps towards global impact.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 12:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
HAPPY SUNDAY Y'ALL

Episode 2 - UNDERSTANDING THE GLOBAL IMPACT OF YOUR DECADAL BLUEPRINT

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1: 8.

Last week we were introduced to the 10-year plan. Among other things, we were shown how planning ahead is God's nature, and how not being selfish in our plans and dreams will ensure a lasting and effective impact This week, we will look into understanding the impact of our decadal blueprint. Among other things, we will be discussing the four levels of global impact,and how to climb through these levels for effective results. Planning ahead requires that we follow a blueprint that will guide our actions, and prevent distractions along the way in our decadal plans.Engineers follow a blue print when working, builders follow a blueprint, and soldiers going to war have a plan that is also like a blueprint of how to engage enemy forces. Every country that has plans for the future have a blueprint that they follow. So also, every human that will live a life of meaningful impact must have a blueprint.Everyone that God used in the past, whose impact we still feel today, have a kind of blueprint for their lives. This blueprint could be in form of principle or policy, but there must be a pattern, or plan that we follow. This is not to mean that there is a uniform plan for all individuals, but that, there is a general progression of growth that births effective global impact.

Today,we will be looking at four levels of the blueprint for global impact and we will be using Acts 1:8.
1. ".and you shall be..." The first stage of all global impact is the individual involved. Who are you? In ensuring that we make effective impact in the next ten years, God will be putting more pressure on making us into LifePorts. Having a lasting global impact is not just about sharing rice or clothes. It is not about doing giveaway or sharing money. It is first about being a witness to God. As God's masterpiece, the intention is for us to be God's ambassadors and not just rulers. Everything God planned that we will do, stems first from the position of our being like Him. This 1S what sets us apart from any other random person. Who we are will always show in what we do. So, our decadal blueprint must start with us really growing and developing rightly. Let us consider the following verses Gen 1:26 -28: Gen 4: 4-6: Matt 5:23; Mark8:50.

2’’....in Jerusalem.." For us today, Jerusalem means your home or city. Home starts with your family members. As a member of the family, what do they think about you? Do they think that you are Godly? As a husband, how much of God do your family members enjoy in you? As a wife, are you really showing that you are a God's ambassadors? As children, how obedient and respectful are you? This thing that you say that you want to do in the world, do your family members enjoy that? Your decadal blueprint must include your family, your home. That is the single most important unit of human production on earth.

3. "...in all Judea.." So, while planning to solve problems in the world,we should not start with the problem in America while living in Nigeria. Perhaps look at your state. What is wrong? What is God telling you about the state in you reside in? What are the ideas for growth stemming from personal development that God has placed in you?

4. ".in Samaria, and the ends of the earth." How about looking at how to create impact in other parts of your country? How will that idea help other regions of your country, as well as other parts of the world?

We should know that everything here might not be in that order, but these levels are all levels of global impact that we must reach. No matter the order everything follows, the first level is the most important and is usually the starting point. That level matters to God first, before He will open the doors of other levels to you. The development in technology might mean that the other levels might come in quick successions or in different orders.

We must also be careful not to end up strategizing for selfish gain. Usually, great things come to those who are not necessarily running after it.
To follow this blueprint, please note:
*If you do not become who God has in mind, you will corrupt every level of impact that you reach.
*The fastest way for global impact is not to be too ambitious. It is not by obsession that we will get there. (Jer 10:23; Prov. 3: 5-6)
*God should be your fulcrum. Your gaze must never leave Him. (Ps 16:cool

Action Point: Note the attitudes that can bring you down from that global pedestal when you reach there and take conscious steps to drop them. Spend time with God in His word and prayer, and make Godly friends. These are central to your decadal plans.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:25am On Jan 20, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Monday January 20, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* To be effective globally, we must live with the consciousness that we are in Gods image. Gen 1:26-28.

*Note/prayer:* Father I ask in the name of Jesus, that You help me to see myself in Your image! Help me to see others too as Your own creation.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:36am On Jan 21, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Tuesday January 21, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Who we are is more important to God than the sacrifices that we bring. We must put more efforts into pleasing Him. Gen 4:4-6

*Note/prayer:* Father, help me to see myself in the light of what Christ has done. Help me to walk in the reality of the victories Christ has gained on my behalf.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:27am On Jan 22, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Wednesday January 22, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* To effectively win in the next ten years, we must never lose track of who God is. He must direct our path for effective Impact. Jeremiah 10:23

*Note/prayer:* Father, help me to follow your leading as you guide me into global impact. I will walk in line with your will for me and my generation.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:57am On Jan 23, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Thursday January 23, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Y"ou are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden, in the same way let your light shine before others..."
Matthew 5:14-16

*Note/prayer:* Dear Father, help me to take up the personal responsibility of shining the light You have put into me for my world to see. I will not be hidden; I am set on the hill.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 12:04am On Jan 27, 2020
Episode 3: PURPOSE DISCOVERY - A MAJOR STEP IN CREATING A DECADAL BLUEPRINT AND PLAN

Last week, we discussed understanding the global impact of your decadal blueprint at four levels , starting with ourselves using Acts 1:8.

Discovery of purpose is very paramount in creating the decadal blueprint. It is crucial because it will guide the creation of goals to achieve the plans for a global impact.
In creating blueprint, ones purpose must be before them to enable them create an impactful blueprint which you will enjoy working on despite the obstacles that may arise.

Discovery of purpose is synonymous with answering the ‘why’ question. In research, all questions are important – what, when, who, how but the ‘why’ question if answered thoughtfully first will make answering other questions a
‘walk in the pack’ . Answering the ‘why’ question is the fulcrum on which other question stand, which will make completing the research more meaningful and achievable. In discovering purpose especially with respect to creating the 10-year plan, we answer the ‘why’ question in every area of life …

Over the years, we have gone through some ways of identifying purpose using an acronym from the ‘Purpose Driven Life’ written by Rick warren, the Senior Pastor of Saddleback Church, U.S.A. The acronym is S.H.A.P.E. meaning:

Spiritual Gifts – What are your spiritual gifts? Why do you have those gifts ? “But it is the Spirit who does all this and decides which gifts to give to each of us.” 1 Cor. 12:11. (CEV) “Each of you as a good manager must use the gift that God has given you to serve others.” 1 Peter 4:10 (GW).

Heart – What are your dreams, passion & interests? Why does your heart ‘beat’ for those things?“ As a face is reflected in water, so a person is reflected by his heart” . Pro. 27:19 (GW)

Ability – Why do you have those abilities? “God has given us each of us the ability to do certain things well.” Romans 12:6:6a (NLT). “Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” 1 Cor. 10:33

Personality – Why do you act the way you do? “God works through different people in different ways, but it is the same God who achieves his purpose through them all.” 1 Cor. 12:6 (Ph)

Experiences – Why did/do I have to go through those/these experiences? What should I do with my varied experiences?
He would comfort you so you can comfort others . 2 Cor. 1:3-4. “My friends, I want you to know what a hard time we had in Asia. Our sufferings were so horrible and so unbearable that death seemed certain. In fact, we felt sure that we were going to die. But this made us stop trusting in ourselves and start trusting God, who raises the dead to life. God saved us from the threat of death, and we are sure that he will do it again and again.” 2 Cor. 1: 8-10 (CEV). Aldous Huxley said, "Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you."
Taking time to ruminate on these will really help in discovering purpose.

Now in the creation of the decadal blueprint, we were encouraged to set our plans using broad categories …Also, under every category will be questions I hope will help us think deeply on the purpose for which we include any goal (10-year plan)

SPIRITUAL – For every Christian, a plan is not complete if the spiritual aspect is not included. Why do I want to grow spiritually? Why do I want a closer relationship with God? What benefit will my spiritual growth bring? What factors will determine my spiritual development? How do I intend to achieve spiritual growth? Who will work with me to achieve spiritual growth? Who will I encourage to grow spiritually? How will I encourage anyone to grow spiritually?

CAREER/ACADEMIC/BUSINESS - Why do I want to be top in my class? Why do I want that job? Why do I have my current job? What benefit will my advancement in these areas bring? What factors will determine my improvement in these areas? How will I work towards the advancement of these areas? Who will be instrumental for me in the achievement of these? Who will I be instrumental for in achieving these?

FINANCIAL – Why do I want an improvement in my financial status? What benefit will an improvement in my financial status have? What factors will determine the improvement of my financial status? How will I increase my financial status? Who will be instrumental in the improvement of my financial status? Who will I be instrumental for in this area?

FAMILY/RELATIONSHIP– Why would I want a closer familial relationship? Why would I want to go into that relationship? Why do I want to get married? Why am I married?
OTHERS – Fill in other areas and ask specific questions in that area, asking and answering the ‘why’ question first.

ACTION POINT: TAKE TIME TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS, THINKING DEEPLY BEFORE ANSWERING. MAKE SURE THE WHY QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED FIRST. AS WE PAY ATTENTION TO THESE, MAY THE EYES OF OUR UNDERSTANDING BE ENLIGHTENED.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:10am On Jan 27, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Monday January 27, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Growing spiritually is to help us connect better with God that we might be like Him & be better witnesses of Him on earth. Acts 1:8

*Note/prayer:* Lord, help me to understand better the purpose for which You would want me to grow spiritually that You may fill me with Your fullness.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:22am On Jan 28, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Tuesday January 28, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* In developing our decadal blueprint, we need to explore more in the areas of our spiritual gifts. 1 Peter 4:10 (GW).

*Note/prayer:* Father help me to discover more of my spiritual gift and help me to realise areas you will want me to deploy them in my 10-year plan.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:31am On Jan 29, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Wednesday January 29, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Your dreams, passion & interests is a way of God telling you what your life focus should be -let it be the drive of your 10-year plan. Pro. 27:19

*Note/prayer:* Father as I draw out my decadal blueprint for global impact, help me to strategically pursue my dreams, passion & interest to the glory of your name.
������
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 10:01am On Jan 30, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Thursday January 30, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Work your 10-year plans in the line of your abilities. Don't be distracted by the success/abilities of others. Romans 12:6a (NLT).

*Note/prayer:* Lord Jesus, help me to always realise you made me with my own unique abilities. Help me not to get carried away by the abilities of others.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Friday January 31, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* In your 10-year plan, don't try to be another person. Why do you act the way you do? 1 Cor. 12:6 (Ph)

*Note/prayer:* Father, help me to factor my personality creatively into my decadal blueprint for global impact.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
Happy New Month people. Enjoy more of God's wisdom and favour. Cheers

Please do well to follow us here or any of our social media handles to get more updates on our operations, interventions and programs.

Thanks[quote][/quote]
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Saturday February 1, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* What are your past experiences that you can use as a positive vibe for your 10-year plan?
2 Cor. 1:3-4

*Note/Prayer:* Father, help me to always realise that you can use every of my experiences towards building the life you want me to live.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 10:48am On Feb 04, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Monday February 3, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* 1Cor 14:2. It is important to engage the Holy Spirit for directions in your 10-year plan. As planning without direction is planning to fail.

*Note/prayer:* Father, enable me to be sensitive to your promptings and position me to be receptive of the ideas you drop in my mind per time.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 10:49am On Feb 04, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Tuesday February 4, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Habakuk 2:2. Have a clear mental picture of the life you want. Anyone who is double minded should not expect anything from God. So be as clear and detailed as you can be.

*Note/prayer:* Lord, help me receive a clear picture of the future so I may pinpoint my goals to always run in the right direction.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:49am On Feb 05, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Wednesday February 5, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* prov 14:12 everything has a cost, it matters what you decide NOT to do. It is important to note that not all opportunities are for you no matter how attractive.

*Note/prayer:* Dear father, help me Identify opportunities you have sent my way so I don't keep chasing clouds.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:24am On Feb 06, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Thursday February 6, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* One of the laws of the spirit is specificity. The reason you don't have what you want is because you are not specific about it.

*Note/prayer:* Lord, teach me to become more specific about my goals so they can be realised and achieved with ease.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 11:24am On Feb 08, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Saturday February 8, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Your mistakes, misdeeds and bad habits do not necessarily disqualify you from getting what you want as long as you can retrace your steps.

*Note/prayer:* Lord, teach me to accept Your forgiveness, get over my past mistakes and learn from them.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:53am On Feb 10, 2020
Episode 5: Your 10-Year Plan: Two Categories of Challenges You Will Face

Is your Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact becoming visible? How much have you written down?
One of the most common variables that we will keeping dealing with right from when we are drawing our 10-Year plan to when we are working out the plan is called CHALLENGES! What are other names for Challenges?

Challenges will come in various shape, size, format, intensity, etc

Before we consider the 2 categories of challenges and what to do about them, let us briefly examine some biblical perspectives to challenges:

- God did not promise us a Challenge free life, but he promise us his presence as the constant ‘K’ for every of life’s occurrences and experiences. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. Isaiah 43:2a (TLB)

- Facing challenges should not be a surprise to us…infact you should always be prepared in all ramification for it. I have told you all this so that you will have peace of heart and mind. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows; but cheer up, for I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 Living Bible (TLB)

- Challenges are not absolute indicators to see if you are doing things or living right or wrong. The Parable of the Wise and the Foolish Builders Matthew 7:24–27 shows that both the house of the wise and foolish faced the storm.

To be able to take advantage of the challenges of life and ride on these challenges into great heights and fulfillment of our life’s purpose, let us consider 2 broad categories of challenges we will face.

1. The Challenges you can do almost nothing about – as you draw and implement your 10Year plan, you will come across some challenges in which you can do nothing about. Generally there are some things you can’t do anything about - You can't please everyone, You'll never catch up to the Joneses, you can't control what someone else thinks, Yesterday is over. You can't get it back, Where you came from, Nothing is ever really private anymore, etc. In the various areas of our 10-Year plan, we will be faced with challenges we can almost do nothing about like when a friend, spouse or child decides to walk away, when someone dear take their life (suicide), bad/ugly occurrences in our “yesterday”, when the exchange rate crashes, natural occurrences, etc

2. The Challenges you have the capacity, or you can develop the capacity to do something about. Sometimes, we might need to develop our capacity in specific areas so to handle some challenges. Sometimes, when face with challenges we become perplexed and don’t act in the right direction. Once you evaluate a challenge and you see you can do something about it, get to work immediately instead of sulking and crying over spilled milk.

One practical and biblical approach towards the above two categories of Challenges is called the SERENITY PRAYER approach. This was Written by Reinhold Neibuhr (1892-1971),

Shortened Version - God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

3 Biblical Truths We Can Apply to the Serenity Prayer
1. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."
When life feels out of control, it’s easy to try to work harder at controlling everything and everyone around us! Some of us do the opposite and just throw our hands up and give up on the situation or person. Whichever extreme you go to, peace and serenity continues to move further from your life. God promises a supernatural peace when we bring our worries and concerns to Him in prayer. Let go of the past. Learn coping skills. Set new goals.

2. "the courage to change the things I can,"
If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, you have received the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is able to supply you with the courage to follow and act upon God’s plan for your life. Instead of fearfully ignoring hard decisions or running from what seems too difficult, we can call upon the power of God for courage to move forward into the full life He has planned for us.

3. "and, the wisdom to know the difference."
You can grow in wisdom each day and make better decisions as you spend time reading the Bible and communicating with God through prayer. “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” -
James 1:5

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:23am On Feb 10, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Monday February 10, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* God did not promise us a Challenge free life, but He promised us His presence as the constant K. Isaiah 43:2a (TLB)

*Note/prayer:* Father, help me to always realize Your presence is with me no matter what I am faced with.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Tuesday February 11, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows; but cheer up, for I have overcome the world. John 16:33 (TLB)

*Note/Prayer:* Lord, help me to see and receive every victory You bring my way in the face of challenges.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 10:07am On Feb 12, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Wednesday February 12, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Challenges are not absolute indicators to see if you are doing or living right or wrong. Matthew 7:2427

*Note/Prayer:* Father, help me to look at things from Your perspectives, help me to see what You see.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 12:17am On Feb 16, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Thursday February 13, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* For your 10-Year plan, you will come across some challenges in which you can do nothing about. Just trust God. Prov.3:5-6

*Note/prayer:* Dear Father, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Help me to trust You.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 12:20am On Feb 16, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Friday February 14, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Sometimes, we might need to develop our capacity in specific areas so to handle some challenges. James 2:14-26

*Note/Prayer:* Dear Father, give me the courage to move forward into the full life You have planned for me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Erdogan Converts Ancient Historical Church To Mosque / Eckankar, The Path Of Spiritual Freedom / ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.