Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos (47252 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad / What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America / Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by chinavs9ja(m): 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
There is doubt, Lagos is beautiful and it is a place where you can meet successful people. It is a place where everyone will like to site their business. However, easily you can get sold out on some of the negative news about Lagos. But it doesn't mean everything is glooming, there is still some negative side of Lagos. Believe me, it is a place you will love to settle down for business. That is why am taking my time to write out some tips you must know before you travel down to Lagos. Below are the things you must know:

You must have a bearing
Trust me you will be frustrated for the first time visiting Lagos without knowing where you are going. You have to plan what you are going there for and which part of Lagos you are going. This should be the first thing on your agenda before travelling to Lagos.

You must know how to mind your business
Unlike other cities where foreigners and tourists usually look different and odd. But Lagosians hardly give so much attention to foreigners or visitors, this is because they are used to seeing them. Lagos is where people mind their business, don't expect them to start asking you questions about where you are coming from or you are going either. So, mind your business and stay focus on what brings you to Lagos.

Traffic Jam is inevitable
You should know that you are going to Lagos to face traffic jams. It will be stressful if you have a private car. A friend visited me with his car last year, he never knew what came over him to abandon his car for public transport.

Lagos nightlife is always fun
Don't be surprised when you can't even explain how you spent your January salary. You must have the self-discipline to overcome the pleasure that comes around you when you receive your salary.

Written By Chinawapz;

25 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by popsy2(m): 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by hisexcellency34: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
The first rule is that once you are in Lagos, you will automatically have a new daddy and mummy. See them here

292 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Pidginwhisper: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
grin

5 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Udemyacc: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Eko Lo ti maa ko ogbon. Na Lagos you go learn. Chai grin grin angry

You want to get a skill in web development and WordPress?
I can give you access to premium courses for 2,500naira. Check my signature.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
eko o ni baje

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by rentAcock(m): 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lagos is a hustler's city, no food for lazy man. But if you make it in lagos, you can make it anywhere on this planet.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by SojiCash(m): 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Mtchew
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by satowind(m): 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Are u sure?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by eedimo(m): 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lagos, Nigeria overrated commercial hub�

Oya mad men start quoting.

15 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by 9jayes: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by fredoooooo: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
1. O gbodo rindin ju
2.O gbodo suwegbe
3. O gbodo ya mugu

cheesy cheesy grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by BarrSly: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Decided long ago to make Lagos my chillaxing spot....

While I work outside Lagos earn cool cash save up and less expensive standard of living.

I take a little percentage of my earnings fly into Lagos and take a week off lodged at the best hotels on the island...

26 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Slawormir: 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
itzprezy:
Like for Lagos
Share for abuja
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Abuja anyday anytime twice on Saturday

Lagos is one over rated place

Went there as a Bini boy last two years. In fact it was the day that tanker explosion happened
And i must tell you Lagos is overrated. Too dirty and noisy.

When i entered Abuja same last two years November because i wanted an instant passport because there was no booklet in Edo state and moreover i wanted Abuja on it because i want use am go dope countries like Oman and Bahrain go run my dope shit that was when i knew the difference between Abuja and Lagos

It was even more obvious to me that Edo was actually bigger than Lagos. It took like forever to leave Edo land when you are going to Abuja. All those Edo north was like forever. So Lagos is just one small shiiit hole place that is overcrowded.
Abuja was just organised. Every body just dey organised. Big boys
No noise. I come down from motor na one gentle man approach me ask me say if i need a car drop

But in Lagos i was hearing rubbish like owo da. The conductors and drivers were speaking Yoruba non stop. No body even approach me for car drop. I was looking for where to hide my head and make call because the whole area was noisy

Abuja is too good to be compared with that shiiit hole called lagos

188 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by oluwatosink: 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
That traffic jam na big problem. .Congestion, poor power supply for your business, crime are other problem in Lagos..

But the government is doing well.

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Formularcr7: 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
Almost in every city.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by baby1093: 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
b

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Worldwarnews: 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
I hate the traffic holdup and over population, actually.

Meanwhile, here are 4 good reasons why Tiwa Savage is all over Wizkid. Even if you were in Tiwa shoes, you would fall for number three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnSNKhCHgjE

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Gandollar(f): 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lagos is no man's land

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Narldon: 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
Sigh... This has to be one of the most pointless posts to hit FP... What the fvck is this fvckery??! undecided

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Chomsky1967(f): 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nothing extraordinary. Applies to most cities please
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by itzprezy(m): 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
Like for Lagos
Share for abuja

90 Likes 113 Shares

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by SLAP44: 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
grin
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by incogni2o: 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
This is not comprehensive enough.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by adedayoa2(f): 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
Everybody red eye, red eye

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
shocked
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by abbeyie007(m): 6:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
THIS IS LAGOS

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Sirseedorf(m): 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2020
Who are you writing all this epistle for.

Lagos heat is even in abia and sokoto, you don't need to visit Lagos before you know what's up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Berates Fellow Nigerians (Video) / What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? / Panic As Tanker Falls At Otedola, Lagos. Motorists On The Run (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.